Any college gamers here?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation Vita
  3. Any college gamers here?

User Info: JStein0222

JStein0222
5 years ago#31
I still game a lot. But I have one problem, maybe somebody can help me with this.
My school's wifi doesn't like game consoles. I can connect my PS3 through the ethernet cable and it's great. But trying to get on the wifi with my Vita/3DS doesn't fly. Asked the tech department for solutions and they were next to useless.
Still looking for a solution since I just found out they block routers here too.
PSN: jsnake22 True PS All Stars Roster? http://i1078.photobucket.com/albums/w490/JStein0222/TrueRoster.jpg

User Info: jagger_wanderer

jagger_wanderer
5 years ago#32
JStein0222 posted...
I still game a lot. But I have one problem, maybe somebody can help me with this.
My school's wifi doesn't like game consoles. I can connect my PS3 through the ethernet cable and it's great. But trying to get on the wifi with my Vita/3DS doesn't fly. Asked the tech department for solutions and they were next to useless.
Still looking for a solution since I just found out they block routers here too.

Not much you can do about it except tell them you vita/3DS MAC address saying it's your laptop's. Hopefully they add it into the system which allow you to internet.

On the note of lack of sleep. It's been two years since we (3 roommates) have a maximum of 6 hours of sleep and that's a luxury. On average I say we have about four and a half hour of sleep. What's worse is we sleep when we can since night time is fun time. I guess you can say we're enjoying our young lives.
Joy is to the ears that hear not the mouth that speaks.
Chronicles of the Unbeliever

User Info: xxsniperxx31

xxsniperxx31
5 years ago#33
Third year computer engineering major. I hardly get any playtime.
| DFI P45-T2RS | E5200 @ 3.5GHz | 6GB DDR2 RAM | Crossfire HD5770s | Sandisk 120GB SSD | Antec 300 Illusion |
#pch3 @ pch-3.com

User Info: hypermoe

hypermoe
5 years ago#34
As a college student its hard to sit down and play home consoles like i use too. Now a days i seem to be playing my portables more often than not as i take buses to school, work, and home.
I walk alone in the universe as the last of The Time Lords!

User Info: GeminiX7

GeminiX7
5 years ago#35
Terotrous posted...
jagger_wanderer posted...
The lack of sleep is what really driving us crazy.

You get used to that too. To think I used to sleep like 9 hours a day. Now 7 seems like lots.

College is when you learn to fall back in love with naps. Then that ends when you get a steady job/kids.
"Online gamers are the most ludicrously entitled beings since Caligula made his horse a senator, and at least the horse never said anything stupid."

User Info: jaekidd1012

jaekidd1012
5 years ago#36
DaMan1900 posted...
EmptyTome posted...
@Verysolidus:

Yes, for real. I started really young, so I'm the "least grumpy" of the bunch.

DaMan1900 posted...
EmptyTome posted...
I'm a college professor, does that count?

if you truly are a professor then you may be able to answer my question

why do all my professors call reading power point slides all class period teaching???

Well, I can give you the long, boring and apocalyptic answer, but let me say it this way: it's the way "current teaching" is accepted in most cultures. I have seen many times what you describe, and it's really sad because eventually those students will teach others in their respective areas : /

they make my life extra hard since i dont learn by being read to. i need to see them workout examples which they refuse to do or they have it worked out on power point with steps skipped -__- Engineering is hard enough as it is they make it worse >:|

I shouldn't be surprised that many of you guys are fellow tech/engineering/CompSci majors here. My major is New Media Technology which involves networking, programming (javascript/java/C+), web design (front end) and web development (back-end) and graphic design. I'm taking a Java programming course this semester and learning any kinda programming is very involved. However, I took javascript last semester which was my first programming class so Java isn't that difficult for me to pick up on.

Anyway, my gaming time varies week to week but I generally game for 24 hours a week or less.

I find that I can knock out papers after doing other things; I can better organize my thoughts then come back and get the paper done. Kinda weird but it works for me.
PSN: Th3_L3G3ND_718
Looking for PS Vita friends

User Info: MJD32fan

MJD32fan
5 years ago#37
Definitely don't game as much as I used to. Since I need a high GPA to get into the Physical Therapy program, I spend a lot of my free time studying.

User Info: ShadowRaskolnik

ShadowRaskolnik
5 years ago#38
My gaming habits were neve really hindered when I was in college since I always was a handheld gamer. I would simply put my DS and/or PSP in my schoolbag (along with their respective chargers just in case) and I could game between study breaks without having to go back to my apartment to play on a console.

User Info: Darkriku666

Darkriku666
5 years ago#39
Classes + work + trying not to be a hermit = not as much time for games. Add that into money being tight and it's eh :\

At least I squeeze in a couple of hours a day when I'm not too busy
Of course, if being better than your own photocopies excused bad behavior, your ass wouldn't have gotten fired after last year's holiday party.

User Info: HaRRy_TiPPeR_

HaRRy_TiPPeR_
5 years ago#40
In university here....4th year Kinesiology student.
And I know what you mean, I love to game, but the work is just almost overwhelming.
I am actually going to extend my program by 1 year just so I can relax a little bit more (less work = higher grades). Hopefully this allows me to have some free time to commit to my favorite hobby :3
Timesplitters FTW People that agree: 18
Support Timesplitters 4: http://www.facebook.com/Timesplitters4PLZ
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation Vita
  3. Any college gamers here?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived