Any college gamers here?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation Vita
  3. Any college gamers here?

User Info: GeminiX7

GeminiX7
5 years ago#21
DaMan1900 posted...
EmptyTome posted...
@Verysolidus:

Yes, for real. I started really young, so I'm the "least grumpy" of the bunch.

DaMan1900 posted...
EmptyTome posted...
I'm a college professor, does that count?

if you truly are a professor then you may be able to answer my question

why do all my professors call reading power point slides all class period teaching???

Well, I can give you the long, boring and apocalyptic answer, but let me say it this way: it's the way "current teaching" is accepted in most cultures. I have seen many times what you describe, and it's really sad because eventually those students will teach others in their respective areas : /

they make my life extra hard since i dont learn by being read to. i need to see them workout examples which they refuse to do or they have it worked out on power point with steps skipped -__- Engineering is hard enough as it is they make it worse >:|

Well, in general, college is meant to be a place where students learn for themselves, rather than being spoon-fed information. I had many professors who used lecture time to simply go over what we read. Now, I don't agree with this mentality from a tuition cost standpoint, but from a practical standpoint I kinda understand it. In reality, us college students aren't paying to be taught anything. We're paying to get our grades/certifications/diplomas.
"Online gamers are the most ludicrously entitled beings since Caligula made his horse a senator, and at least the horse never said anything stupid."

User Info: Terotrous

Terotrous
5 years ago#22
I'm long out of university now, but I graduated at the top of my ComSci program and still had loads of time to play games and do other hobbies as well.

It's true though that the secret is organization and time management. Some people are just ludicrously poor workers who procrastinate all the time and take like 3 times as long to get anything done. If you're going to do work, give it your full attention, then you can have more time to yourself when it's done.
http://terosclassicgaming.blogspot.com/ - Watch me beat "SNES F1 ROC 2 Race of Champions"
http://www.backloggery.com/tero - My backloggery

User Info: VerySolidusSnak

VerySolidusSnak
5 years ago#23
Terotrous posted...
I'm long out of university now, but I graduated at the top of my ComSci program and still had loads of time to play games and do other hobbies as well.

It's true though that the secret is organization and time management. Some people are just ludicrously poor workers who procrastinate all the time and take like 3 times as long to get anything done. If you're going to do work, give it your full attention, then you can have more time to yourself when it's done.

I got the organization part under wraps, but the time management part is another story...You're sentence that starts with "Some people are just ludicrously poor workers.." describes me :(

Terotrous
5 years ago#24
Well, it can be improved. Perhaps wanting to play games but not having time to do so will encourage you to get better at it.
http://terosclassicgaming.blogspot.com/ - Watch me beat "SNES F1 ROC 2 Race of Champions"

User Info: mcnichoj

mcnichoj
5 years ago#25
I'm not in college and I still don't play games as much as I used to or atleast it doesn't SEEM like I do.
How your perspective of time chages as you grow up is pretty crazy.
PSN/XBL/Steam: mcnichoj
Proud Vita/3DS owner.

User Info: jagger_wanderer

jagger_wanderer
5 years ago#26
Back in high school there wasn't much to do "after school" so we just play sports or play games to pass the time away. Now that we're in college almost all of our restrictions are non existent which gives us so much freedom playing games is like a waste of time right now. We play games on portables literality so our appointed time comes up. The lack of sleep is what really driving us crazy.
Joy is to the ears that hear not the mouth that speaks.
Chronicles of the Unbeliever

Terotrous
5 years ago#27
jagger_wanderer posted...
The lack of sleep is what really driving us crazy.

You get used to that too. To think I used to sleep like 9 hours a day. Now 7 seems like lots.

User Info: Mickleohb

Mickleohb
5 years ago#28
Starwars4J posted...
I game and I'm a med student. Anyone complaining about a college workload being too much to game either is in over their heads in the first place, or doesn't actually want to game.

Eh, College work load is what you make it. I did not try hard but did pretty well and I gamed a lot. But I know people who worked all the time (even though they didn't have to imo). Then I went to law school and I definitely game a lot less.
"I've got half a mind to kill you...and the other half agrees" Church from RvB
PSN:Mickleohb GT:MickleohbLite

User Info: lunchEATSyou

lunchEATSyou
5 years ago#29
Currently a Junior in college.

User Info: Mwulf

Mwulf
5 years ago#30
I actually have more time to game now. Probably because I'm only going to school part time due to health issues.

Give or take those 4-48 hour segments where I'm too hopped up on painkillers to play games. Those times really suck.
"...Blame this on the misfortune of your birth."
-Char Aznable
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation Vita
  3. Any college gamers here?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived