IF the Vita flops it won't be because of Tablets Smartphones etc.

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation Vita
  3. IF the Vita flops it won't be because of Tablets Smartphones etc.

User Info: crawdad

crawdad
5 years ago#51
If it Flops it's because Sony's fault for not improving peoples Perception of it.. Hence all the Poor marketing complaints and Sony's lack of proper Support.
i7 920 @ 2.66GHz | GTX 560ti 1280MB Twin Frozr III 448 Core OC Edition | 6GBDDR3 RAM@ 1333hz | Dell UltraSharp U2410 24-inch |
Gamertag:Gojirra, PSN:Gojirra102

User Info: nariusseldon

nariusseldon
5 years ago#52
TranslatorTom posted...

I believe that Sony's in it for the long haul. In fact, they CAN'T just kill of the Vita because without it, they'd only have the PSP, which would be out-of-date.

So? It won't be the first time a company get out of a failing business.

User Info: TranslatorTom

TranslatorTom
5 years ago#53
nariusseldon posted...
TranslatorTom posted...

I believe that Sony's in it for the long haul. In fact, they CAN'T just kill of the Vita because without it, they'd only have the PSP, which would be out-of-date.

So? It won't be the first time a company get out of a failing business.

Sony's history shows that even when they are failing, they stick around... Like their TV sales. They aren't doing well in that area either, but they still play that field. They're a multinational conglomerate. They've got their fingers in everything, and they're not going anywhere. They would gain nothing by "killing off" the Vita, and they would lose the tiny shards of consumer faith that still remain in them if they did so.

The Vita will remain, slowly trudging along. Hopefully they'll get a key title or two in the future which will give them some more momentum... But even if they continue to get meager sales, they'll just accept those meager sales and take it in stride. Like you said, other companies have been quick to bail out (like Nintendo with the Virtual Boy). Other companies would have cut and run by now, but not Sony. They're still going to roll with it.
-Tom

User Info: MuhammadJA

MuhammadJA
5 years ago#54
What's holding the Vita is the price. It's obvious. And we all know that games are subjective. There are lots of great games on the Vita available through retail and digitally. Only this board hates the Vita for some reason.
Welcome to GameFAQs, home of the Drama Queens.
Where you can get modded for stating your opinion.

User Info: NerdimusPrime

NerdimusPrime
5 years ago#55
MuhammadJA posted...
What's holding the Vita is the price. It's obvious. And we all know that games are subjective. There are lots of great games on the Vita available through retail and digitally. Only this board hates the Vita for some reason.

You forgot consumers. Consumers seem to hate the Vita even more than this board.
Tua mater gerit caligas.

TranslatorTom
5 years ago#56
NerdimusPrime posted...
MuhammadJA posted...

You forgot consumers. Consumers seem to hate the Vita even more than this board.

I think it's more that consumers are ambivalent about it, not that they outright hate it. Most of the people I've talked to say... "Wow, that's really impressive. I wish it wasn't so expensive."

The hatred you see on this board is from a vocal minority.

In the real world, average consumers are largely ambivalent, but can be "turned" with a low price and the right games... Sony doesn't have that yet. It will, eventually.
-Tom

User Info: nariusseldon

nariusseldon
5 years ago#57
TranslatorTom posted...
NerdimusPrime posted...
MuhammadJA posted...

I think it's more that consumers are ambivalent about it, not that they outright hate it. Most of the people I've talked to say... "Wow, that's really impressive. I wish it wasn't so expensive."

The hatred you see on this board is from a vocal minority.

In the real world, average consumers are largely ambivalent, but can be "turned" with a low price and the right games... Sony doesn't have that yet. It will, eventually.

Hate?

Consumers are indifferent. Most probably don't even notice the vita.

And on this board .. people are just discussing vita's failure. You confuse between the cause and effect. There is no hate. Posts are negative because vita is failing. Not the other way around.

User Info: Omega_Black

Omega_Black
5 years ago#58
There's nothing "PERCEIVED" about the high price tag.

It is a high price tag, especially when you add in the cost for memory and games.

We live in a different world where $200 can get you devices that are small computers in addition to game devices that offer cheap or free games. We live in a world where dedicated handhelds have to take cues from these devices in order to look relevant.
Go where the games are...
Brawl FC: 2062 8812 4168

User Info: ValzacardX

ValzacardX
5 years ago#59
mike_411 posted...
Hey a sony exec said they plan to support the Vita for 10 years so I ain't even scared.

And I "plan" to live for 1000 years. We'll see how both of those work out.

Be sure to eat your veggies.
GT:Kahlilx77,
The internet, where common sense is a monumental achievement

TranslatorTom
5 years ago#60
nariusseldon posted...

Consumers are indifferent. Most probably don't even notice the vita.

I agree. They're indifferent about the Vita. On that same note, they can still be turned into fans in the future with some key titles and a price drop.

And on this board .. people are just discussing vita's failure. You confuse between the cause and effect.

Actually, I think that you're the one confused here. You're putting the cart before the horse. The Vita hasn't failed. Failure will only happen if Sony gives up and discontinues the system. That isn't going to happen any time soon. There is still hope for the future of the Vita. The only thing you can say is that it is not selling well right now. But to put the "failure" stamp on it this early in its lifespan is incredibly short-sighted.

There is no hate. Posts are negative because vita is failing.

Most of the negative posts are from people who don't even own a Vita, though. And a lot of the people complaining are just bitter at Sony for their heavy-handed security measures. There are people out there, a vocal minority, that will post immediately to downplay any positive Sony news... Not because they own and are disappointed with their Vita, but just because they actively (for one reason or another) want to see it fail.
-Tom
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation Vita
  3. IF the Vita flops it won't be because of Tablets Smartphones etc.

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived