What's it going to take to get vita to start selling like the 3ds?(honestly)

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation Vita
  3. What's it going to take to get vita to start selling like the 3ds?(honestly)

User Info: NathanisDrake

NathanisDrake
5 years ago#131
The games that I'm most looking forward to the most on the 3DS are Monster Hunter, Ace Attorney 5, SMT4, Ex Troopers, Bravely Default, Fire Emblem and Castlevania.

It's funny seeing you deem the 3ds as 'kiddy', yet the library is filled with hardcore titles.Seriously, grow up, Vita owners.
Most successful console to date:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QZZ2sV76QI0

User Info: diedje81

diedje81
5 years ago#132
NathanisDrake posted...
The games that I'm most looking forward to the most on the 3DS are Monster Hunter, Ace Attorney 5, SMT4, Ex Troopers, Bravely Default, Fire Emblem and Castlevania.

It's funny seeing you deem the 3ds as 'kiddy', yet the library is filled with hardcore titles.Seriously, grow up, Vita owners.

Yeah it s a lot more hardcore than the vita library
Me gusta cantar, andar en un pony, pero prefiero "Mi primer Sony" not changing this sig until sony releases ponyhunter ultimate

User Info: a_gon_nee

a_gon_nee
5 years ago#133
Sony needs to drop the other media capabilities of the Vita and focus on what it was made for, a gaming device. Every other feature it tries to pull off just falls flat compared to even the cheapest of smartphones. The browser is weak, the music player only recently was able to even import playlists, skype, YT app are all better elsewhere. The cameras? blurry mess.

I actually think the system is worth the $250 but the memory cards sure as hell aren't. Ultra slow performance (over 30min to backup 4GB to PC lol!) for wallet burning prices. The screen and controls are the best in class but if Sony keep up their current course it will all be for nothing.

A smartphone does everything else better but gaming than a Vita.

A special mention to Playstation Mobile, it is a complete and utter joke. The dev kit Sony has put out for PSM pales in comparison to any other application/game SDK out there. Documentation is extremely poor and in some cases still has the original Japanese language names/descriptions on an English SDK.

Then you get to its performance and realize that PSM is running in a gimped VM. No real access to the hardware under the hood, no access to the file system. All of these easily accessible on iOS/Android. Sony hasn't got a clue.

User Info: OMG_A_PONY

OMG_A_PONY
5 years ago#134
Slash the price in half. Include a memory card and game
if you disagree with my opinion, it is because you have brain damage.

User Info: STAYNDEBOKZRZ

STAYNDEBOKZRZ
5 years ago#135
Pokemon on VIta.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7y2KsU_dhwI

User Info: Edouard_keroo

Edouard_keroo
5 years ago#136
Attract the core games with rpgs
Attract kids and fans with licences (Naruto, Disney among other...)
Attract curious and bored gamers with original titles like Katamari were at their time.

Sony cares more for the successful console (ps3) than the Vita for the end of the year, maybe next year, Sony has already announced they'd relaunch the Vita next year with the drop price, new games will be annouced along.
WDIYShowcase:0134 0338 9685 3305.PSN:Omilun
DK3 OCRemix album :http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pzm5yJW1ZSY&hd=1

User Info: iLLsteeze

iLLsteeze
5 years ago#137
More games would be a good start
If you believe in jesus christ, but aren't a bigot, hypocrite, homophobe, divorced three times, or racist, put this in your sig. Amen.

User Info: DiligentTree

DiligentTree
5 years ago#138
NathanisDrake posted...

Quite true. In comparison the Vita library is very broad and immature.

Also, the Vita will never sell like the 3DS. It'll probably take a year for it to start selling like the PSP if they're able to give a damn.
This user is not offered for sale under any circumstances. No exceptions.

User Info: Nnamz

Nnamz
5 years ago#139
In Japan:

- A miracle

Anywhere else:

- Price cut to $169.99
- Bundle 4gb card
- Any of the following games (God of War, Grand Theft Auto, (good) Call of Duty)
PS3/Vita ID: Nnamz <-- Please message before add. Otherwise will not accept.
3DS Friend Code: 3780 - 9095 - 9402 <-- Inbox me your FC.

User Info: iLLsteeze

iLLsteeze
5 years ago#140
It needs a better game plan, price drop, free memory card, games. At the minimum
If you believe in jesus christ, but aren't a bigot, hypocrite, homophobe, divorced three times, or racist, put this in your sig. Amen.
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation Vita
  3. What's it going to take to get vita to start selling like the 3ds?(honestly)

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

Update Topic Flair

You are not allowed to update this topic's flair.

• Topic Archived