What's it going to take to get vita to start selling like the 3ds?(honestly)

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation Vita
  3. What's it going to take to get vita to start selling like the 3ds?(honestly)

User Info: LegionSoup

LegionSoup
5 years ago#11
I'd say it's a price drop as well. Plus more advertising. Go all out to make the Vita look like the coolest thing ever (like it is). Make creative commercials showcasing the games (there are plenty of GREAT games right now...not next month, not next year, but now).

In the US, focus on quality shooters. I don't care if it's another port, but get Borderlands 2 on this thing! Get an exclusive Mass Effect if possible.

In Japan, the one guy who said RPGs is right. Also, back up the money truck to Capcom and get Monster Hunter. A portable Monster Hunter with console quality graphics would be great for that market.

The reason the Vita is doing poorly is based on perception. People feel like it doesn't have good games, but it does. Highlight those games. Gravity Rush is beautiful and amazing. Uncharted really is Uncharted in the palm of your hand. Unit 13 is one of my favorite tactical shooters. Showcase these games. Have a commercial that shows Uncharted on the PS3 running side by side with Uncharted on the Vita. It will blow people away.

Lastly, pack in an 8 GB memory card with every system, and just get rid of the 4 GB ones altogether. They are just too small.

User Info: fourgigman

fourgigman
5 years ago#12
Plomicon posted...
If they snuff and bore like nintedont blast processing they'll get the charls in there heads and wind up drown in a ditch after the same bottle of booze like sega. One on the run cant spire flight like a hey its crap give us all it and then *goes away*

You know Marge, you gotta but that woot quit...you know that's the thisl
Mictp Nintalt ignoble tila wolppg ultj .....
FIve dollars get outta here.

User Info: Ambassador_Kong

Ambassador_Kong
5 years ago#13
Spetsnaz420 posted...
Why does it have to sell as well as the 3DS?
Does Ferrari sell as much as Honda?

Vita isn't going to be abandoned by Sony any time soon, even a rudimentary understanding of business would tell most people that. Sony will stand behind their product even at a loss for a very long time before giving up on it, which really is the only side of the Vitas sales that we should care about.

Bwa ha ha ha! Vita is going to stand by the Vita? Tell that to the PSPGo which Sony put on the market and promptly ignored. Rudimentary understanding of business? A rudimentary understanding of business would suggest that if you are losing millions of dollars a quarter then you jettison under-performing products.

Ferrari doesn't sell more than a Honda because the Ferrari is a luxury item and its allure is that it is expensive and rare. Honda is a company that makes its money from selling to the masses. Are you suggesting that the Vita is a luxury model hand held? Are you really suggesting that Sony can sell a few hundred Vitas and support the system?

Ugh, such fail in one post.
First they ignore you, then they ridicule you, then they fight you, then you win. by Mahatma Gandhi.

User Info: Odinfan

Odinfan
5 years ago#14
It will never sell as well as the 3DS. The userbase has already decided on what system they will back. The reason the less powerful machine is selling so well is because it has consistent releases for the rest of the year and beyond. The 3DS has 2012 and the first quarter of 2013 on lockdown because of third parties and well, Monster Hunter 4.

The Vita has a couple of ports and smaller releases... And people think advertising launch games will sell the system? Gamefaqs, lol.
"I'm not Ayu Ayu!" - Tsukimiya Ayu, Kanon
Because "Uguu!" is overused....

User Info: Ambassador_Kong

Ambassador_Kong
5 years ago#15
Odinfan posted...
It will never sell as well as the 3DS. The userbase has already decided on what system they will back. The reason the less powerful machine is selling so well is because it has consistent releases for the rest of the year and beyond. The 3DS has 2012 and the first quarter of 2013 on lockdown because of third parties and well, Monster Hunter 4.

The Vita has a couple of ports and smaller releases... And people think advertising launch games will sell the system? Gamefaqs, lol.

I agree. This generation has already been decided. The Vita will either survive as a fringe system with a smaller user base than the PSP or Sony will discontinue it. Seeing that the adoption rates in Japan are so low, I'm guessing that Sony will try to push through the holidays and, if sales don't improve, drop the system in 2013.

Not dropping the price was the dumbest thing Sony ever did.
First they ignore you, then they ridicule you, then they fight you, then you win. by Mahatma Gandhi.

User Info: Ratcho

Ratcho
5 years ago#16
LemonMeow posted...

The Vita just needs its own identity with exclusives that you won't be able to find anywhere else. I've seen a lot of Vita games also available on PS3, and honestly, that just hurts the system more than anything else as it seems like the device for inferior console ports.

I feel like handheld gaming is so popular because of how niche and experimental the games can be, take a look at Ghost Trick or Ace Attorney for example. Those games work so well with the DS, and its just one of the many, many reasons to get the system.

And...

I agree. This generation has already been decided. The Vita will either survive as a fringe system with a smaller user base than the PSP or Sony will discontinue it. Seeing that the adoption rates in Japan are so low, I'm guessing that Sony will try to push through the holidays and, if sales don't improve, drop the system in 2013.

Not dropping the price was the dumbest thing Sony ever did.

I fully agree with.

User Info: GeassMaster

GeassMaster
5 years ago#17
Dking50 posted...
let see where to start

1.price drop

2.huge price drop on memory cards

3.games

4.better games

5.3rd party support

6.1st party support

7.for Sony to stop acting like they dont know what a vita is

8.not haveing to re buy your psp games.

i dont think it will be selling like the 3ds anytime soon. mostly because Sony is not trying. i

All but 8, I have to say is good. 8 is almost just complaining. 3 is kind of iffy too, it has games(great ones too according to metacritic and lot of users) just not the super ultra popular games that get sales regardless of their quality(Kingdom Hearts, Final Fantasy, Monster Hunter, Resident Evil, etc.)

User Info: samuspwns3

samuspwns3
5 years ago#18
When $ony stops being so greedy and arrogant this thing will sell. its not worth 250-300, and the mem cards sure as hell aren't worth 100. Get real $ony.
:D

User Info: Spiffy247

Spiffy247
5 years ago#19
Spetsnaz420 posted...
Why does it have to sell as well as the 3DS?
Does Ferrari sell as much as Honda?

Vita isn't going to be abandoned by Sony any time soon, even a rudimentary understanding of business would tell most people that. Sony will stand behind their product even at a loss for a very long time before giving up on it, which really is the only side of the Vitas sales that we should care about.

That would be a realistic comparison if the 3DS didn't have things that are better than the Vita.
I'm clever, vaguely feminine, a vampire, and I wield Dice. PH33R.
The DS and PSP are both outstanding systems. Wally the Equality Weasel says so.

User Info: TheNewWave

TheNewWave
5 years ago#20
A continuous stream of well thought out advertisements. Its astonishing how many casual gamers still think the psp is Sony's most current portable. Everytime I bring my vita with me in public, it is confused for as a phone.

More popular known titles will certainly increase sales too providing that they're advertised. I don't mean rushing to quickly release sub-par titles solely because they're well known (eg - COD), but simply tease titles to show promise that they're coming in the future.

A price drop will certainly help, but is pointless without advertisement once again. However, I think bundling all Vitas with a memory card is better because parents get more pissed at the fact that they need to buy extra components to use the device after shelling out for the vita.
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation Vita
  3. What's it going to take to get vita to start selling like the 3ds?(honestly)

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived