• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation Vita
  3. I bet a Vita could emulate the 3DS

User Info: mt830plus

mt830plus
9 years ago#1
just sayin.

User Info: Board_hunter567

Board_hunter567
9 years ago#2
I really doubt it could.
https://imgur.com/szMsu
Validate your purchases and discredit the purchases of others whenever possible. Numbers objectively define quality and enjoyment.

User Info: godbowsdowntome

godbowsdowntome
9 years ago#3

No it can't. 

User Info: steve9842005

steve9842005
9 years ago#4
ITT: TC has no clue how emulation works.
www.last.fm/user/Steve9842009 GT:Steve9842006
2010/2012 San Francisco Giants: World Series Champions!

User Info: moomoo47

moomoo47
9 years ago#5

Well it does have a quad core processor.

User Info: mt830plus

mt830plus
9 years ago#6
yeah sure it wouldn't be in 3d but the Vita hardware, I'm sure, can run anything Nofriendo can throw at it. Hell, Vita graphics are already better than a Wii ffs...

User Info: Board_hunter567

Board_hunter567
9 years ago#7
steve9842005 posted...
ITT: TC has no clue how emulation works.

Worth a repost.

TC, in case it isn't obvious, you'd need some pretty hefty hardware to emulate something like the 3DS via software. Yes, heftier hardware than the Vita has.

There might be a very very slim chance for DS emulation, but I'm pretty sure that would require huge amounts of work due to so many factors, and it probably would never reach full speed or compatibility (like 30-40% for both maybe, and that's being super generous and considering they somehow manage to get an emulator perfectly optimized).
https://imgur.com/szMsu
Validate your purchases and discredit the purchases of others whenever possible. Numbers objectively define quality and enjoyment.

User Info: danielmaynard

danielmaynard
9 years ago#8
ROFL.

/crawls out of the topic, sides hurting from laughter/

User Info: TheSuspected

TheSuspected
9 years ago#9
danielmaynard posted...
ROFL.

/crawls out of the topic, sides hurting from laughter/
I'm not even active enough to leave handles.

User Info: kolewan

kolewan
9 years ago#10
mt830plus posted...
yeah sure it wouldn't be in 3d but the Vita hardware, I'm sure, can run anything Nofriendo can throw at it. Hell, Vita graphics are already better than a Wii ffs...

You realise that emulation requires FAR, FAR more power than the console it's emulating right? Let's use the xbox 360 for example. My PC can produce better graphics because it's more powerful. However, no emulation for the xbox 360 has been done because it's just not viable to do right now. Even a PS2 emulator takes a fairly decent computer to run. It's not as simple as "it's better so it can" a lot more factors have to be considered. That can also be said for Slim PS3's cannot run PS2 games because the hardware that made the PS3 Backward compatible in the first place (the emotion engine) was simiiar to the one used in the PS2 which made emulation for more possible. The PS3 cannot emulate the PS2 based on pure graphical power because it's not powerful enough.

Do you get it now?
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation Vita
  3. I bet a Vita could emulate the 3DS
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Q&A