• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy XIII-2
  3. This is my first Final Fantasy.

User Info: arsonist_1

arsonist_1
3 months ago#1
This game is strange, nothing like I've ever played before. Story is making no sense whatsoever. I am about 4hrs into the game so far (just past Oerba 200af)
I have played The Last Remnant, Resonance of Fate, Eternal Sonata, Tales of Xillia 1+2, Child of Light and South Park SoT,
I've no clue what to do and where to go, thank god there are various guides online to help me on my way.
I use X button and I win all battles so far lol

User Info: arsonist_1

arsonist_1
3 months ago#2
I've been lurking Gamefaqs for years but just signed up so can't edit my post.

I have Final Fantasy X for playstation 2 that I've played about an hour of, I like turn based rather than Action based.

Should I get the HD remakes for PS3 and just play them?

User Info: tiornys

tiornys
3 months ago#3
This is probably not the best Final Fantasy to get into the series with, since it's one of the few games that is actually a direct story sequel to another game (FFXIII). The HD remakes of FFX are excellent and that game is generally considered one of the best games for first-time Final Fantasy players.

As for this game, I'd recommend playing FFXIII first--it'll help with understanding the story of this game. Alternately you could watch a Let's Play of FFXIII to get caught up on the story, but that won't give you much experience with the battle system.

User Info: xfyrenx

xfyrenx
3 months ago#4
Out of curiosity, why did you decide to start with this one?
Don't worry; your manhood will be safe even if one of the PCs in the next game wears pink. Get over it. - EvenSpoonier

User Info: MertensCW

MertensCW
3 months ago#5
Not the TC but also got the game without playing the other 2.
Its funny because i had tried the demo, got my ass handed to me, thought the combat was bad and never looked back.

Prior to Covid had been playing ToV and during i've been playing more jrpgs and decided to take a second look at the 13 series but 13's linearity on steroids is still unappealing as ever. The timed mechanic of LR seems like something i'd hate and 13 2 provides more of what i like and a redo levels option was intriguing , so i got this.

Its been fun so far. Even those clock puzzles. At first i thought no way will i be able to these without help , once they got tough but so far i have.

For what its worth i like Serah and Noel. Though the writing leaves a lot to be desired. Serah goes from saying something smart, to saying something dumb, which shows she didn't pay attention to the smart point she made 5 seconds ago..

On the final episode atm, with only one paradox ending so far. I've been taking my time finding all the fragments.
On another note the game is lacking tougher enemies or mini Bosses to really show off the combat system.

Few Favorites- Ninja gaiden 1-2, Colony Wars 1-3,Xenogears,MarioKart,Lunar 2 GTA:SA,S&K,FF6-7,Zanac,S.Metroid,SMB2,NFL2K5,Halo 2, NG2,Vanquish,Witcher 2.
(edited 3 months ago)

User Info: xfyrenx

xfyrenx
3 months ago#6
MertensCW posted...
The timed mechanic of LR seems like something i'd hate
Well, I don't know your tolerance for such things, but I can tell you the timer is not bad at all. You get a power that can stop said timer for a while and you can replenish the resources to use it easily. Me and plenty of first time players used it almost all the time, and we ended up finishing everything with plenty of time to spare.

MertensCW posted...
On another note the game is lacking tougher enemies or mini Bosses to really show off the combat system.
They're in the DLC and some paradox endings.
Don't worry; your manhood will be safe even if one of the PCs in the next game wears pink. Get over it. - EvenSpoonier
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy XIII-2
  3. This is my first Final Fantasy.
  • Post New Message

GameFAQs Q&A