Why I created the rumor of FFXV being in development by Hiroyuki Ito

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy XIII-2
  3. Why I created the rumor of FFXV being in development by Hiroyuki Ito

User Info: Galvanization

Galvanization
6 years ago#1
*Long read but worth it*

As a FFXII fan, I've been wanting to know what Hiroyuki Ito has been doing since FFXII IZJS came out, which was 5 years ago. I've been waiting for his next game that would hopefully evolve the gameplay and battle system of FFXII. I discovered earlier this year through his Wikipedia page that he's currently working on a large-scale project that has yet to be announced. The wait for this game had become unbearable for me. Where is my FFXII successor? I decided to trick Squenix to think there had been a leak regarding information about the game. How would I do that? Simple. Create a rumor that would cause a firestorm.

I made a rumor that was very educated, realistic and reasonable. It was based on things said in the past by Hiroyuki Ito, Hiroshi Minagawa and Yoichi Wada. I posted the rumor on this board and made it more credible by saying I read it in a UK magazine called GamesMaster. The rumor eventually spread to other forums and from there start hitting video game websites as a news article. From there, the best thing I could ever imagine happened: It started spreading to Japan.

The rumor eventually was posted on the most popular Japanese video game blog and from there it hit 2ch (the most widely read forum in Japan) and various other Japanese websites and blogs. Basically, I created a firestorm and people worldwide were talking about this FFXV rumor. Sure, I originally wanted it to gain more momentum in the West than it did, but it got debunked earlier than I expected when it hit NeoGAF and the link was posted on a forum where the GamesMaster UK deputy editor posts.

However, though it died in the West. It still carried on blowing up in Japan as the news that rumor had been debunked never reached their websites and forums. I was very happy to see how big a impact it had. The 2ch thread had pages and pages of replies that I couldn't understand due to the poorness of Google Translate. However, the main thing was that it made a huge impact.

No here's my realization:

Yoichi Wada publicly debunked the rumor that stated FF Versus XIII was quietly cancelled, that blew up online 2 the same time as the rumor about Hiroyuki Ito making FFXV. The thing is, while he debunked that FF Versus XIII rumor, he never debunked the FFXV rumor. The thing that makes this interesting is that on 2ch and other Japanese websites, the FFXV rumor blew up even more than the FF Versus XIII rumor. Yet even so, Wada never came out and commentated on it.

Anybody else see something strange about that?

IMO, there must have been parts of the FFXV rumor that were true. As a result, Yoichi Wada decided to ignore it rather than publicly comment on it. The FF Versus XIII rumor was 100% false so he was able to debunk it outright. Parts of the FFXV rumor must have been so true that if he publicly came out and debunked it then Hiroyuki Ito would have to change the game to not make it like the rumor. LOL!

So while this rumor was BS, I think it has given us at least some hints as to what FFXV will be like as Wada never debunked it. We just need to wait and see when the game is announced.

Thanks for reading. :-)
"JRPGs are not mainly about story. That's just a trend FF started. Look at the huge sales of Pokemon. Do people buy it for the story? Hell no! " ~ Vex

User Info: ValcristPL

ValcristPL
6 years ago#2
Can someone summarize it for me? I don't think its worth it.
Official Lezard Valeth.
Currently playing: Final Fantasy XII Int, and enjoying it much more than the original.

User Info: TheGreatPotato

TheGreatPotato
6 years ago#3
Hope it is nothing like 12. That game epitomises disappointing.
Dresdenfall is amazing, if you know what I mean :) /wink wink

ValcristPL
6 years ago#4
TheGreatPotato posted...

You are forbidden from commenting until you play IZJS.
Official Lezard Valeth.
Currently playing: Final Fantasy XII Int, and enjoying it much more than the original.

User Info: DragoonGriffith

DragoonGriffith
6 years ago#5
ValcristPL posted...
TheGreatPotato posted...

I take it you like it.
"waiting for a Tales game is like waiting for an organ donor" - Fulvip
Currently playing: Valkyrie Profile 2, RDR, Wild ARMs 2, FFVII.

User Info: Terra-Branford

Terra-Branford
6 years ago#6
You don't need to play IZJS to realize how great FFXII is.
I'm kupo1705 until I get my account back.

ValcristPL
6 years ago#7
DragoonGriffith posted...
ValcristPL posted...
TheGreatPotato posted...

I take it you like it.

Yeah, but that is not why I said that. I'm using what Potato used against me when I say bad things bout XIII :)

But yeah, it is much better than the original, simply cause of the L1 button.
Official Lezard Valeth.

User Info: Galvanization

Galvanization
6 years ago#8
ValcristPL posted...

I wanted Squenix to think that people knew what FFXV would be like and see if they would say the rumor was true or not. The rumor really blew up on Japanese websites and forums around the same time as the FF Versus XIII cancelled rumor did. However, they only debunked the FF Versus XIII cancelled rumor. This has show that this FFXV rumor has some truth to it that cannot be debunked.

You should read the whole post, though. It is well explained and logical.
"JRPGs are not mainly about story. That's just a trend FF started. Look at the huge sales of Pokemon. Do people buy it for the story? Hell no! " ~ Vex

User Info: TheGreatPotato

TheGreatPotato
6 years ago#9
ValcristPL posted...
TheGreatPotato posted...

Was not even released outside Japan. If they wanted that to be the game, they should have released it originally, instead of the mess that was 12.
Dresdenfall is amazing, if you know what I mean :) /wink wink

ValcristPL
6 years ago#10
Galvanization posted...
ValcristPL posted...

I wanted Squenix to think that people knew what FFXV would be like and see if they would say the rumor was true or not. The rumor really blew up on Japanese websites and forums around the same time as the FF Versus XIII cancelled rumor did. However, they only debunked the FF Versus XIII cancelled rumor. This has show that this FFXV rumor has some truth to it that cannot be debunked.

You should read the whole post, though. It is well explained and logical.

Well, I liked what was included in that rumor. I would love to play a game like that. Just don't make the story as boring as XII. And for gods sake NO TORIYAMA.
Official Lezard Valeth.
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy XIII-2
  3. Why I created the rumor of FFXV being in development by Hiroyuki Ito
  • Topic Archived