• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy XIII-2
  3. Would you like Toriyama to take on the next titles like 15?

User Info: Iampony1

Iampony1
8 years ago#1
Would you like him to handle anything that has to do with a main title
"Motomu Toriyama: When you look at most Western RPGs, they just dump you in a big open world, and let you do whatever you like... it becomes very difficult to tell a compelling story when you're given that much freedom."

We almost knew nothing about the begging of 13 it was just action
"Motomu Toriyama: In order to allow the player to become absorbed in the drama of the storytelling and the new and exciting world of Cocoon and be drawn to the characters without getting distracted or lost we have deliberately used a linear game design for the introduction sections so they can be enjoyed in the same manner as watching a film."

Would you like him near any rpg project?
"Motomu Toriyama: Mass Effect and Fallout allow the players to play with more freedom, and within their story-lines it is quite successful. But we're more interested in things such as first person shooters like Call of Duty. They give a better sense of tension on the battlefield. We some times draw inspiration from those sorts of games. It's not just RPGs but FPS titles that get us excited."

Would you believe him again?
to write a story "where Lightning ends up happy"

I know i would, i have no pride after all and i just want Final Fantasies
(This is no trolling attempt i am merely saying i have a problem and it has a name and it still breathes)
Any product from Motoumo Toriyama to his fans was made out of greed with lack of passion.
The dude wrote for Mindjack for gods sake!!!

User Info: VeryAngryHippie

VeryAngryHippie
8 years ago#2

3rd birthday, Front Mission Evolved, and he was the Scenario Designer of XIII-2.  The man can't write.  So no.

User Info: sakuravs

sakuravs
8 years ago#3
linear or not, as long as it has some cute girls in it, many fans won't care. That's why I'm not really looking forward to FF Versus 13 and probably won't buy it, because all of the main characters are boring-looking males.

User Info: ValcristPL

ValcristPL
8 years ago#4
I want toriyama to get kicked the hell out of SE.He ruined my beloved PE and FM, now he can rot.
Official Lezard Valeth.
As the Creator of the new world, I condemn the old wicked Gods to death !In my hand the Creator's sword that calls eternal sleep !

User Info: Vekkerer

Vekkerer
8 years ago#5
The thing I want Big T to work on is his resignation. >.>
The man has no talent.
His name was Marauder Shields.

User Info: AgitoXIII

AgitoXIII
8 years ago#6
I personally don't want him taking charge in any future FF.

In sports they fire head coaches that have failing teams, and we need to fire out head coach because he's not getting the job done.
~The Fantasy is never set in form~

User Info: heartlesshero17

heartlesshero17
8 years ago#7
No. Not even because I'm not a fan of him. I just like them to switch up the writers each times.
Since I know I can be honest with you, I'll admit I got a little sulky. It was frowns all around
-Lord Ghirahim

User Info: Hitzkolpf

Hitzkolpf
8 years ago#8
heartlesshero17 posted...
No. Not even because I'm not a fan of him. I just like them to switch up the writers each times.

This. It's stupid if he comes back for a main numbered FF for a third/fourth time in a row.

Also, I hope a piano falls on him.
Official DEXTER of GameFAQs
Official Jecht & Kurasame of every GameFAQs Board

User Info: King_Shortt_IX

King_Shortt_IX
8 years ago#9
He can work on future ones as long as he is kept on a short leash.
I can think of a few new words.

User Info: MagiusNecros

MagiusNecros
8 years ago#10
Iampony1 posted...
Would you like him to handle anything that has to do with a main title
"Motomu Toriyama: When you look at most Western RPGs, they just dump you in a big open world, and let you do whatever you like... it becomes very difficult to tell a compelling story when you're given that much freedom." Bullcrap. This is the problem. You are developing a JRPG. You can't look at a WRPG. You strive to make your product the best it can be.

We almost knew nothing about the begging of 13 it was just action
"Motomu Toriyama: In order to allow the player to become absorbed in the drama of the storytelling and the new and exciting world of Cocoon and be drawn to the characters without getting distracted or lost we have deliberately used a linear game design for the introduction sections so they can be enjoyed in the same manner as watching a film." One character flaw and a quick scene of them resolving it does not draw us to the character. They become less human this way. We should be able to relate to the character. Sure you can go with a linear design but the story falls apart and renders the game nearly pointless. We need that illusion of a world we are in, there is no illusion, therefore there is nothing to explore.

Would you like him near any rpg project?
"Motomu Toriyama: Mass Effect and Fallout allow the players to play with more freedom, and within their story-lines it is quite successful. But we're more interested in things such as first person shooters like Call of Duty. They give a better sense of tension on the battlefield. We some times draw inspiration from those sorts of games. It's not just RPGs but FPS titles that get us excited." This is the BIG problem. IF you take inspiration from other games and apply it to your own games. YOU AREN'T YOU ANYMORE. We want FF not a FPS clone(or a game with the same linearity of one). A good developer comes up with their own ideas and forms them from their creativity. Not on PRE-EXISTING ones you had no part in.

Would you believe him again?
to write a story "where Lightning ends up happy"

I know i would, i have no pride after all and i just want Final Fantasies
(This is no trolling attempt i am merely saying i have a problem and it has a name and it still breathes)

I'm sorry but no. Toriyama is not WORTHY of being a writer or director. I don't even know how they accepted his resume, since his story writing skills are so wonderful.

Do you understand me. Toriyama. Stay away from my Final Fantasy. I don't want you ****ing with it. Stay off it. You've screwed with me on Parasite Eve and Front Mission.

I really don't like the guy, not him specifically, but the fact he can't handle the job he has, demote him or boot him.
GILGAMESH ARMY accepting RECRUITS! PM for more details!
Official GILGAMESH/BARBATOS/MAGNUS of every Gamefaqs Board
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy XIII-2
  3. Would you like Toriyama to take on the next titles like 15?
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Q&A