• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy XIII-2
  3. A FFXV by Hiroyuki Ito will be the best and most advanced JRPG this gen.

User Info: Galvanization

Galvanization
7 years ago#1
Other games he directed such as FFVI, FFIX, FFXII all pushed JRPGs graphically and technically on their respective hardware.

FFXII was probably the most epic scale JRPG last gen and on par with games like GTA San Andreas in scale and content. I'm sure a FFXV by Hiroyuki Ito will be on par with the best open world WRPGs this gen. The battle system will also be amazing and more innovative and evolved than Versus XIII and The Last Story. It will hopefully evolve off ADB and have real-time jumping, TPS mode and targeting of body parts like Vagrant Story.

My only concern is the story. There are no good writers still employed at Square Enix. I hope Hiroyuki Ito has the sense to demand a freelance writer and gets Jun Akiyama to do the cut-scene direction. Also, make the cut-scenes interactive like Versus XIII and with dialogue choices with multiple endings like Tactics Ogre PSP and secret event scenes depending on your dialogue choices like ATE from FFIX.
"JRPGs are not mainly about story. That's just a trend FF started. Look at the huge sales of Pokemon. Do people buy it for the story? Hell no! " ~ Vex

User Info: deathszx

deathszx
7 years ago#2
I would love this,was he the guy that was working a large scale unannounced game or something?

Galvanization
7 years ago#3
deathszx posted...
I would love this,was he the guy that was working a large scale unannounced game or something?

Yep, that's the guy. He's been MIA since 2007. He's only got "Special Thanks" credits since that time. However, Kitase has confirmed he's still working for SQEX.
"JRPGs are not mainly about story. That's just a trend FF started. Look at the huge sales of Pokemon. Do people buy it for the story? Hell no! " ~ Vex

User Info: Billysan

Billysan
7 years ago#4
I pray for Amano to return.

I'd be happy even if they take his design and convert them into something more normal like the Dissidia designs.
http://billysan291.deviantart.com/
PSN: Billysan291 360 Live: Billy Saltzman

User Info: Vithar

Vithar
7 years ago#5
I would LOVE another Ito game for sure :)
Hopefully something soon !
PSN: Vithar ~ Xbox: Vithar360

User Info: chocolatesoda

chocolatesoda
7 years ago#6

Toriyama for XV! :D

User Info: samurai1900

samurai1900
7 years ago#7
If this indeed is true, then we really do have the most advanced JRPG brewing up.

Though I must restrain myself from hyping too much, to avoid potential disappointment.
http://www.youtube.com/user/Mosse190
For your everyday gaming, anime, help and hacking videos.

User Info: DragoonGriffith

DragoonGriffith
7 years ago#8
chocolatesoda posted...
Toriyama for XV! :D

FFXV is the last chance SE will get from me. If Toriyama has anything major to do with that game, I'll really give up on FF.
Ito, on the the other hand, is a big YES!

User Info: ShuyinOnTheWay

ShuyinOnTheWay
7 years ago#9
Galvanization posted...
(...) directed such as FFVI, FFIX, FFXII (...)

Yes, please.
Official Flying Airship of the Final Fantasy Versus XIII Board
My Level 1 Walkthrough: www.youtube.com/user/ShuYinOnTheWay <--- PSN

Galvanization
7 years ago#10
samurai1900 posted...
If this indeed is true, then we really do have the most advanced JRPG brewing up.

Indeed. I want my towns on par with Assassin's Creed!
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy XIII-2
  3. A FFXV by Hiroyuki Ito will be the best and most advanced JRPG this gen.
  • Topic Archived