• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy XIII-2
  3. My Q to Sakaguchi: "Which employee still at Square do you feel can save FF?"

User Info: Galvanization

Galvanization
7 years ago#1
His reply (via translator): "Itou-san. The director of this game."

I asked that at the Last Story Q&A session in London an hour ago. There were other questions asked by fans during the actual Q&A but that one I asked him alone while he signed my copy of FFXII. He pointed to the games cover while he gave his reply.

There you have it. Even Sakaguchi thinks Hiroyuki Itou is the last hope. No filming was allowed during the presentation and I forgot to bring my camera to take a photo with Sakaguchi when he signed my copy of FFXII. :(
"JRPGs are not mainly about story. That's just a trend FF started. Look at the huge sales of Pokemon. Do people buy it for the story? Hell no! " ~ Vex

Galvanization
7 years ago#2
Info on the event for those interested:

http://www.bafta.org/public-event.html?Pevent=com.othermedia.bafta.model.BaftaEvent-L-6199690
"JRPGs are not mainly about story. That's just a trend FF started. Look at the huge sales of Pokemon. Do people buy it for the story? Hell no! " ~ Vex

Galvanization
7 years ago#3
Bump for truth.

I know this is off-topic but I think this is relevant news for the future of FF.

User Info: Einhandr

Einhandr
7 years ago#4
After reading up on his list of contributions to each final fantasy game, I would have to agree with this 100%. Every aspect that I enjoyed most about each entry to the series was the same aspects that he had a hand in.
http://www.youtube.com/ducttaped32x - The best unboxing videos on the internet

User Info: YodaofXenogears

YodaofXenogears
7 years ago#5
OMG! That must be proof that Sakaguchi is involved in FFXV, which is directed by Hiroyuki Itou! He had such high praise for FFXII in the early days, only to change his tune completely once the game was released. The only reason he would praise Itou now is if they've been reunited in some way to work on FF like the old days!

That would be awesome, though. Sakaguchi can come up with a classic FF story, while Itou directs the game. That way the story can live up to expectations without having to sacrifice the game play element. Now all we need is proof that Uematsu is composing the music and it'll be just like old times with FFIV-VI.

Ha ha ha. Not really serious... but... ha ha ha.

Galvanization
7 years ago#6
YodaofXenogears posted...
OMG! That must be proof that Sakaguchi is involved in FFXV, which is directed by Hiroyuki Itou! He had such high praise for FFXII in the early days, only to change his tune completely once the game was released. The only reason he would praise Itou now is if they've been reunited in some way to work on FF like the old days!

During the Q&A session, somebody asked Sakaguchi what he thought of FFXIII and Sakaguchi said he hadn't played it.

User Info: TheSmartestBomb

TheSmartestBomb
7 years ago#7
Nothing can save FF.

When you make over 13 games in a series and not a single one of them has been anything more than mediocre to people with refined taste, you need to quit.

User Info: ScreamingMidget

ScreamingMidget
7 years ago#8
TheSmartestBomb posted...
Nothing can save FF.

When you make over 13 games in a series and not a single one of them has been anything more than mediocre to people with refined taste, you need to quit.

Hahahahahahahahahahahahaha

User Info: Mihael-Keehl

Mihael-Keehl
7 years ago#9

Ito is great, Tabata is great, Kitase is great if only he went back to developing games. 

User Info: MagiusNecros

MagiusNecros
7 years ago#10
ScreamingMidget posted...
TheSmartestBomb posted...
Nothing can save FF.

Hahahahahahahahahahahahaha

This.
GILGAMESH ARMY accepting RECRUITS! PM for more details!
Official GILGAMESH and BARBATOS of every Gamefaqs Board
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy XIII-2
  3. My Q to Sakaguchi: "Which employee still at Square do you feel can save FF?"
  • Topic Archived