• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy XIII-2
  3. I demand for SQEX to tell us what Hiroyuki Ito has been doing the past 4 years

User Info: Galvanization

Galvanization
7 years ago#1
I need to know.
"JRPGs are not mainly about story. That's just a trend FF started. Look at the huge sales of Pokemon. Do people buy it for the story? Hell no! " ~ Vex

User Info: Tiael

Tiael
7 years ago#2
FFXV!
Chrono Break!

><
Official Guardian Ancient Robot of the Knights of Safe Haven
Playing
: Ocarina of Time 3D, Super Mario 3D Land, Mario Kart 7

User Info: madapocket

madapocket
7 years ago#3
I dunno, stuff?
Jag drack for mycket julmust!

User Info: Devilman_Amon

Devilman_Amon
7 years ago#4
Toriyama: "get me my coffee"
(\__/)
(='.'=)

User Info: Moranite

Moranite
7 years ago#5
Devilman_Amon posted...
Toriyama: "get me my coffee"

I could not come up with a better answer to this topic than this...
"THE PROTAGONIST IN ME!"
http://i.imgur.com/43pTr.jpg

User Info: mrklarryd

mrklarryd
7 years ago#6
Well, they've started, scrapped, finished, abandoned and redone crystal tools about 7 or 8 times in the last few years. I assume somebody would be assigned to manage the associated projects, so maybe he's doing that.

On a side note, an information demand of Squex Tokyo on a site they don't read in a language they don't understand is pretty quixotic.

User Info: ragnarokius

ragnarokius
7 years ago#7
He's gone, he ascended. Presumably for his work on Chrono Trigger.

He's looking down at us now. How he weeps for us.
Dr Pepper

User Info: Ren_eko

Ren_eko
7 years ago#8

He's gone, he ascended

You mean he learned how to use his ears to fly like Dumbo? Dude has massive flappers.
DmC: http://i.imgur.com/e97Ky.jpg
New Dante: http://i.imgur.com/uhiBK.jpg

User Info: xTozusx

xTozusx
7 years ago#9
He played Duodecim's beta once, said "Nice game." and got a Special Thanks credit for it.

User Info: Devilman_Amon

Devilman_Amon
7 years ago#10
I like these two parts:

Ito initially wanted the ATB system used in Final Fantasy IX to be the fastest version of it used in the series.

He managed to get a demo of it running that allowed characters to perform commands at the same time rather than wait for the previous one to finish their turn.

Also, the ATB gauge only took 1 second to fill on the fastest speed setting. However, getting this running on the PlayStation hardware made the frame rate significantly low.

When he showed the battle system to Sakaguchi, he liked the concept but felt it was straining the processor of the PlayStation too much.

During the first year of development for FF XII in 2001, a rough story was written by Matsuno with Basch Rosenburg as the main character. However, during this time the game was being planned as a dungeon crawler similar to Vagrant Story and the character models were planned to be in a deformed shape.

After Matsuno and Ito had seen and played Final Fantasy XI, they came up with an idea of the game instead having the player explore a vast, fully realised world which had a detailed history, mythology, sociology and ecosystem.

They presented their ideas to Sakaguchi and he was surprised by the scale of their ambition. He warned them that it would be very difficult to surpass the world scale of Final Fantasy XI in a single player game, especially seeing as they had no access to a hard drive for possible expansions.

Matsuno and Ito were up for the challenge and stated that they wanted to make the game have the same scale as Final Fantasy XI even with all its expansions included.

Sakaguchi green lighted their idea and jokingly said that if they pull it off, it will be impossible for any future single player Final Fantasy game to surpass Final Fantasy XII.
(\__/)
(='.'=)
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy XIII-2
  3. I demand for SQEX to tell us what Hiroyuki Ito has been doing the past 4 years
  • Topic Archived