• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy XIII-2
  3. Hiroyuki Ito is the only competent director left at SQEX.

User Info: Galvanization

Galvanization
7 years ago#151
W_Mark_Felt_Sr posted...
And I lost mine for you when you started posting biased, carefully-worded yet clearly pro-Ito propaganda on Wikipedia.

But, look. We have had some differences, but we're both definitely fans of Ito, and I didn't quite know what was your reasoning for creating this new account. You're right that we should move on. I just deleted my posts on that thread on the FFXII board (you can delete your replies to them if you want). Although it probably doesn't look like it most of the time, I don't actually like antagonizing people. Let's restart on a good basis, shall we?

All the Ito stuff on Wikipedia is now all sourced. Though I'm still get things translated for the PS2 era section of his page. Still, it's been a huge and tiresome ordeal. It's only when I realised how much work what I was doing to translate Ultimania's and Official Guides that I realised I'm a fanboy of his work and career.

I made this new account as my past one got banned in mid 2010. I then became a lurker from then but have now decided it was a good time to jump back in with a new mindset and username. Anyway, I'm happy we can put this all behind us and move on and restart on good basis. :)
"JRPGs are not mainly about story. That's just a trend FF started. Look at the huge sales of Pokemon. Do people buy it for the story? Hell no! " ~ Vex

User Info: Round_Dice

Round_Dice
7 years ago#152
Galvanization posted...
I don't see how a POV avatar made the game any worse. The main characters are still Ashe and Baltheir as confirmed by the scenario writers of the game. The story and delivery of FFXII is Oscar worthy.

The same story can sound very differently depending on who tells it and in what way.

Yukanna posted...
Ive only played the International release, which was outstanding.

That it was.

User Info: Galvanization

Galvanization
7 years ago#153
Round_Dice posted...
The same story can sound very differently depending on who tells it and in what way.

Hmm... I actually agree with you. If the POV avatar of FFXII was one highly articulate in spoken English and with dignified charisma, the game would have felt very different. Still, I think Vaan did a good job as a commoner POV towards a very political story.
"JRPGs are not mainly about story. That's just a trend FF started. Look at the huge sales of Pokemon. Do people buy it for the story? Hell no! " ~ Vex

User Info: ManaYuka

ManaYuka
7 years ago#154
Whatever, what's done is done. I'm trying to move on with this new account and put my time as GZay2Stay behind me. I don't appreciate guys like you digging up my past. If I can't keep my original Karma amount with this new account then I'd rather have a new persona with it

I never saw the posters POV, I sympathize with this.. Its best not to talk about an old account and we should judged on the account we hold, not the previous one.

I have been guilty of referring to officefan as shadowhearts fan and treating him like he was basically the same poster, when he did the same thing as you and apologized for and previous account and tried ton start fresh, but he's always is refereed to as shadowhearts fan anyways. I guess its time I stop doing that.
Favorite Show- Cosmos. Carl Sagan is AWESOME.
Best Game OF All Time: Tactics Ogre Let Us Cling Together. MGO-Joyless

User Info: grassyboots

grassyboots
7 years ago#155
^

Not really. All through this thread SHF was accusing me of being the TC (??), so if he's happy to throw around insinuations like that which are flat-out wrong, he's in no place to complain when people throw them at him and they're actually correct.
U-Do is coming. Please look forward to this....

User Info: theofficefan99

theofficefan99
7 years ago#156
??? I already apologized.

I know that you love XII and really dislike XIII and love Itou so I was guessing that this was your alt (although I was questioning why you'd have an alt in the first place) and I don't remember "insulting" or "flaming" you. :p THEN I realized it was someone who was previously GZay, which is why I started saying stuff about what he did. But whatever, it's k.

Anyways even though this topic is flamebait, it's a good debate topic....

I think. I don't even remember what happened in this topic, my mind is blank, but yeah ^.^

User Info: hyro56

hyro56
7 years ago#157
I love how you guys are insulting these guys when none of you could do any better then them. They are Directors at Square-Enix for a reason. Just like how we are only on a troll forum with no money or fame for a reason.
Black FC: 5200 - 4414 - 7173
LF: Pokes from Gen IV and before.

User Info: grassyboots

grassyboots
7 years ago#158
hyro56 posted...
I love how you guys are insulting these guys when none of you could do any better then them. They are Directors at Square-Enix for a reason. Just like how we are only on a troll forum with no money or fame for a reason.

So basically, never have an opinion on anything, ever? Unless it's positive. That is seriously what you're what you're saying. Go back to North Korea. We are the audience, we can have opinion.

But hey, Uwe Boll is a director! Guess that means he's immune from criticism!
U-Do is coming. Please look forward to this....

User Info: ManaYuka

ManaYuka
7 years ago#159
Not really. All through this thread SHF was accusing me of being the TC (??), so if he's happy to throw around insinuations like that which are flat-out wrong, he's in no place to complain when people throw them at him and they're actually correct.

I understand and wont fault you for continuing to call him his old name, I'm saying personally I'm going to stop doing it myself.
Favorite Show- Cosmos. Carl Sagan is AWESOME.
Best Game OF All Time: Tactics Ogre Let Us Cling Together. MGO-Joyless

User Info: MagnaderAlpha

MagnaderAlpha
7 years ago#160
<<hyro56 posted...
I love how you guys are insulting these guys when none of you could do any better then them. They are Directors at Square-Enix for a reason. Just like how we are only on a troll forum with no money or fame for a reason.>>

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sw6ndZNLYUA
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy XIII-2
  3. Hiroyuki Ito is the only competent director left at SQEX.
  • Topic Archived