• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy XIII-2
  3. Hiroyuki Ito is the only competent director left at SQEX.

User Info: Galvanization

Galvanization
6 years ago#141
Yukanna posted...
Where do you read this stuff? I'm not being an ass I just want to know....I never heard of that at all.

It's not confirmed but was written in Japanese on Vaan's concept art by Akihiko Yoshida. Still, don't trust everything that poster says. It wasn't long ago he was adamantly claiming Hiroyuki Ito had left Square Enix for Jupiter.
"JRPGs are not mainly about story. That's just a trend FF started. Look at the huge sales of Pokemon. Do people buy it for the story? Hell no! " ~ Vex

User Info: W_Mark_Felt_Sr

W_Mark_Felt_Sr
6 years ago#142
Galvanization posted...
It's not confirmed but was written in Japanese on Vaan's concept art by Akihiko Yoshida. Still, don't trust everything that poster says. It wasn't long ago he was adamantly claiming Hiroyuki Ito had left Square Enix for Jupiter.

Says the guy who keeps posting biased s*** on Ito-related articles on Wikipedia and FFWikia. Thank goodness Wikiproject Square Enix and I are there to revert your edits.
http://tinyurl.com/6ak2wg8
^Almost all non-translated FF Ultimania interviews ever. Tons of exclusive info. Please help translate them.

User Info: MagnaderAlpha

MagnaderAlpha
6 years ago#143
<<Still, don't trust everything that poster says. It wasn't long ago he was adamantly claiming Hiroyuki Ito had left Square Enix for Jupiter.>>

Hiroyuki Ito leaving Square Enix was a rumor. Kitase stated, himself, that Ito is still with Square(the last question):

http://www.rpgsite.net/interviews/339-final-fantasy-xiii2-yoshinori-kitase-interview

Galvanization
6 years ago#144
MagnaderAlpha posted...
Hiroyuki Ito leaving Square Enix was a rumor. Kitase stated, himself, that Ito is still with Square(the last question):

http://www.rpgsite.net/interviews/339-final-fantasy-xiii2-yoshinori-kitase-interview

It was a rumour that was started by the guy trolling me in thread. There was little evidence to support his claim but he went ahead and boasted around GameFAQs anyway. It should never have become a rumour in the first place.
"JRPGs are not mainly about story. That's just a trend FF started. Look at the huge sales of Pokemon. Do people buy it for the story? Hell no! " ~ Vex

W_Mark_Felt_Sr
6 years ago#145
Alex Donaldson (APZonerunner) took that question from a poster on NeoGAF. I had nothing to do with it. I don't have a website or anything, I can't launch an entire rumor all by myself!

And I don't know why you seem to hate me when all I did in this thread at first was noting that you're G-Zay.
^Almost all non-translated FF Ultimania interviews ever. Tons of exclusive info. Please help translate them.

Galvanization
6 years ago#146
W_Mark_Felt_Sr posted...
Alex Donaldson (APZonerunner) took that question from a poster on NeoGAF. I had nothing to do with it. I don't have a website or anything, I can't launch an entire rumor all by myself!

And I don't know why you seem to hate me when all I did in this thread at first was noting that you're G-Zay.

Nobody said you had anything with that question being asked to Kitase by a NeoGAF user. (Well, I didn't) However, there was a time I remember where you strongly believed Hiroyuki Ito has left Square Enix for Jupiter, despite me telling you otherwise. That's where I lost my regard for you.

You saw one small bit of info in a games credits and made a huge sensational point about it. You didn't wait for more sources till you started saying things like they're true. Whatever, what's done is done. I'm trying to move on with this new account and put my time as GZay2Stay behind me. I don't appreciate guys like you digging up my past. If I can't keep my original Karma amount with this new account then I'd rather have a new persona with it.

User Info: bizarro54

bizarro54
6 years ago#147
The game sells that is all that matters. You vote with your wallets, not simply with what you think should happen. If you buy the game, that's pretty much all Square cares about. Also you are truly overrating FF12.

User Info: sehr0

sehr0
6 years ago#148
-its impossible for FFXII( or ff main titles in general) to be a launch game for a new console and turn out to be good.
-if they moved the project to ps3 the game will be out around the same time as XIII and it wouldnt turn out to be as open/big as the current version we have.
-it was released on ps2 which SE was developing games for since 2000.

maybe SE will surprise us with a new Hiroyuki Ito ff in the far future.

Galvanization
6 years ago#149
bizarro54 posted...
Also you are truly overrating FF12.

No way! The game is a masterpiece of modern JRPG game design. Xenoblade following in its footsteps and being the best JRPG this gen proves it. FFXII simply came out before its time to shine and also in the wrong console generation.

sehr0 posted...
-its impossible for FFXII( or ff main titles in general) to be a launch game for a new console and turn out to be good.
-if they moved the project to ps3 the game will be out around the same time as XIII and it wouldnt turn out to be as open/big as the current version we have.
-it was released on ps2 which SE was developing games for since 2000.

maybe SE will surprise us with a new Hiroyuki Ito ff in the far future.

What I mean is that FFXII could simply have been up-scaled to HD and released as a PS3 launch title. The game came out in March 2006 in Japan and PS3 came out in November 2006.

W_Mark_Felt_Sr
6 years ago#150
Galvanization posted...
Nobody said you had anything with that question being asked to Kitase by a NeoGAF user. (Well, I didn't) However, there was a time I remember where you strongly believed Hiroyuki Ito has left Square Enix for Jupiter, despite me telling you otherwise. That's where I lost my regard for you.

And I lost mine for you when you started posting biased, carefully-worded yet clearly pro-Ito propaganda on Wikipedia.

But, look. We have had some differences, but we're both definitely fans of Ito, and I didn't quite know what was your reasoning for creating this new account. You're right that we should move on. I just deleted my posts on that thread on the FFXII board (you can delete your replies to them if you want). Although it probably doesn't look like it most of the time, I don't actually like antagonizing people. Let's restart on a good basis, shall we?
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy XIII-2
  3. Hiroyuki Ito is the only competent director left at SQEX.
  • Topic Archived