The review scores on www.amazon.co.jp show it flopped in Japan.

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy XIII-2
  3. The review scores on www.amazon.co.jp show it flopped in Japan.

User Info: Galvanization

Galvanization
6 years ago#1
A few days after it came out, it had mostly 5* reviews with barely any 1* reviews.

Now look at it:

http://www.amazon.co.jp/product-reviews/B004K6L0DG/ref=cm_cr_pr_top_recent?ie=UTF8&showViewpoints=0&sortBy=bySubmissionDateDescending
"JRPGs are not mainly about story. That's just a trend FF started. Look at the huge sales of Pokemon. Do people buy it for the story? Hell no! " ~ Vex

User Info: theofficefan99

theofficefan99
6 years ago#2
My name is GZay and I am a troll
Anticipating: Phantasy Star Online 2, FF Versus XIII, FF Type-0, Tales of Graces F, Xenoblade, The Last Story, Tomb Raider, and Final Fantasy XV

theofficefan99
6 years ago#3
Also, here are some things to consider:

1. There will obviously be SE "hater" trolls
2. Type-0 is considered an excellent game, is it not? That has a 3/5 on Amazon as well.
Anticipating: Phantasy Star Online 2, FF Versus XIII, FF Type-0, Tales of Graces F, Xenoblade, The Last Story, Tomb Raider, and Final Fantasy XV

User Info: BlueDragmire

BlueDragmire
6 years ago#4
Didn't Dragon Quest IX get a bad Amazon score in Japan because trolls kept posting negative reviews? And what was the reason those trolls hated DQIX? No random battles? They were mad because the single WORST MOST AWFUL feature of any RPG had been removed? Insane does not begin to describe it.

Yeah, I don't trust J-Amazon reviews.
The official monarch of every single board.

theofficefan99
6 years ago#5
Thank you, BlueDragmire.

User Info: Galvanization

Galvanization
6 years ago#6
I think that when this game first came out, people gave it 5* based on first impressions. However, the people that have now finished the game are seeing that it's not that great and that's why loads of 1* are appearing.

It won't be long until the 1* scores surpass the 5* ones, the rate it's going at.
"JRPGs are not mainly about story. That's just a trend FF started. Look at the huge sales of Pokemon. Do people buy it for the story? Hell no! " ~ Vex

User Info: BlueDragmire

BlueDragmire
6 years ago#7
theofficefan99 posted...
Thank you, BlueDragmire.

You're welcome.
The official monarch of every single board.

User Info: Demonking234

Demonking234
6 years ago#8
BlueDragmire posted...
Didn't Dragon Quest IX get a bad Amazon score in Japan because trolls kept posting negative reviews? And what was the reason those trolls hated DQIX? No random battles? They were mad because the single WORST MOST AWFUL feature of any RPG had been removed? Insane does not begin to describe it.

Yeah, I don't trust J-Amazon reviews.

Amazon.jp user reviews are normally the epitome of the trope "They changed it, now it sucks." They gave Final Fantasy XII low scores (more negative than positive) because it was too different from the other FF's. >_>

Somehow, the amazon reviews westward are much better.
Children in the dark can cause accidents, yet accidents in the dark will cause children
-Author unknown

theofficefan99
6 years ago#9
May I have a link to the FFXII amazon review scores? I'm curious, I just want to see.

And I want to see what GZay would say to that if it truly has a low score (for an FF game) in Amazon

User Info: Dreaded_Fate

Dreaded_Fate
6 years ago#10
**** Google Translate because I can't even understand why they give it high and low scores.
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy XIII-2
  3. The review scores on www.amazon.co.jp show it flopped in Japan.

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

Update Topic Flair

You are not allowed to update this topic's flair.

• Topic Archived