• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Torchlight
  3. What class and builds are prefered for fast an efficient farming?

User Info: Lightborne

Lightborne
5 years ago#1
And what difficulty? I like all the classes and almost all buikd ideas so I figured this is a way for me to stick with one I really like sets thanks all.

Also looking out for gear to get.me through hardcore mode eventually to.

User Info: ANuBiStAnGoMeGa

ANuBiStAnGoMeGa
5 years ago#2
Just my opinion here, based on all the info I've seen and my own experience.

The most "efficient" way just to farm would be a Vanquisher running Explosive Shot on Easy. It's pretty much just that simple. The rest of your passive skills are obvious, with maybe Seeking Shot and Flechette Trap for bosses and backup is all. If you do go Easy just save a few stat points for equipping and throw everything into DEX. And gambling gets you uniques much faster than just waiting for drops, once you know the tricks to it - you can look it up or figure it out. Run (literally) with Haste all the time and nothing should be able to touch you anyway.

And just so you know, a highly enchanted (rare) Organ Gun or Ribauldequin [sp] is actually the most powerful ranged weapon in the game, by a huge margin. I wont get into the explanation for it, but it's simple enough if you understand how the DPS works (and how it doesn't work) you can believe it though.

Lightborne
5 years ago#3
ANuBiStAnGoMeGa posted...
Just my opinion here, based on all the info I've seen and my own experience.

The most "efficient" way just to farm would be a Vanquisher running Explosive Shot on Easy. It's pretty much just that simple. The rest of your passive skills are obvious, with maybe Seeking Shot and Flechette Trap for bosses and backup is all. If you do go Easy just save a few stat points for equipping and throw everything into DEX. And gambling gets you uniques much faster than just waiting for drops, once you know the tricks to it - you can look it up or figure it out. Run (literally) with Haste all the time and nothing should be able to touch you anyway.

And just so you know, a highly enchanted (rare) Organ Gun or Ribauldequin [sp] is actually the most powerful ranged weapon in the game, by a huge margin. I wont get into the explanation for it, but it's simple enough if you understand how the DPS works (and how it doesn't work) you can believe it though.

Sounds a bit boring hehe but why on easy? I thought higher difficulty gets you better loot?

User Info: ANuBiStAnGoMeGa

ANuBiStAnGoMeGa
5 years ago#4
You asked for efficiency, not fun though right? ;)

I settled into a routine of just playing different characters, and every time I port to town I check the gambler and if the items have changed I look at everything with 1 slot that could be good, or anything with with 2 slots that could possibly be better - I'm actually really big on some of the Rare sets and any trinkets, you can get some amazing starting mods, plus some weapons are actually stronger than Uniques like those rifles. Then after I know what I want I'll *guide out* and reload and only pay for the items I wanted. But there's infinite money exploits and such, that's just my own compromise, plus it keeps me playing instead of just merchant grinding.

It doesn't have to be Easy, but I've made a couple characters specifically to look for low/mid gear, like the XBL exclusive sets. There's a topic on the second page here from Star_Sage explaining the loot differences among other things, and after a certain point it doesn't matter you'll get the best stuff either way. In a way you're actually missing the 'lesser' gear on harder modes, but also on Easy you can just go all out on magic find skills and gear without really worrying about other stats.

So my own recommendation is just to pick something you want to try and play it till you're bored. Or there's a ton of different exploits to gear up, just however you want to roll.

Lightborne
5 years ago#5
ANuBiStAnGoMeGa posted...
You asked for efficiency, not fun though right? ;)

I settled into a routine of just playing different characters, and every time I port to town I check the gambler and if the items have changed I look at everything with 1 slot that could be good, or anything with with 2 slots that could possibly be better - I'm actually really big on some of the Rare sets and any trinkets, you can get some amazing starting mods, plus some weapons are actually stronger than Uniques like those rifles. Then after I know what I want I'll *guide out* and reload and only pay for the items I wanted. But there's infinite money exploits and such, that's just my own compromise, plus it keeps me playing instead of just merchant grinding.

It doesn't have to be Easy, but I've made a couple characters specifically to look for low/mid gear, like the XBL exclusive sets. There's a topic on the second page here from Star_Sage explaining the loot differences among other things, and after a certain point it doesn't matter you'll get the best stuff either way. In a way you're actually missing the 'lesser' gear on harder modes, but also on Easy you can just go all out on magic find skills and gear without really worrying about other stats.

So my own recommendation is just to pick something you want to try and play it till you're bored. Or there's a ton of different exploits to gear up, just however you want to roll.

Thanks for all the info sounds like most builds do well for mf I have been running a destroyer on hard for mf and I'm getting pretty lucky and the battlemage abilities are really fun. And your right I asked foe most efficient should of asked a mix of fun and efficient.
  1. Boards
  2. Torchlight
  3. What class and builds are prefered for fast an efficient farming?
  • Topic Archived