• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Torchlight
  3. Does Martial and Magic Weapon Expterise stack?

User Info: 50percentGray

50percentGray
6 years ago#1
I noticed on my Destroyer's magic stat the extra magic damage from the elemental modifiers from his dual weapons. I have his Martial Weapon Expertise maxed out, so would it be a good idea to add points into Magical Weapon Expertise so the elemental modifiers on his dual weapons will be stronger, making his overall DPS stronger than ever?

User Info: Eremyndil

Eremyndil
6 years ago#2
I don't think so, the truth is that I'm not sure -been a long time I last played. You see, there are martial, ranged, and magic expertise skills. I suppose they refer to the weapons for the different classes, though any class can use any weapon.

I would say go ahead and test this; you can always buy a re-spec potion.
2005: Console gamers (the early adopters) become pay-to-play game testers for bugs & glitches.
Stanley Woo: "we, BioWare, don't owe you a patch"

User Info: 50percentGray

50percentGray
6 years ago#3
Eremyndil posted...
I don't think so, the truth is that I'm not sure -been a long time I last played. You see, there are martial, ranged, and magic expertise skills. I suppose they refer to the weapons for the different classes, though any class can use any weapon.

I would say go ahead and test this; you can always buy a re-spec potion.

I auto-saved with my Destroyer just when he gained 2 skill points, reloaded the game, then put points in the Magic Weapon Expertise and the magic damage never went up.

So while my theory was proven false, I can still invest a point or two in the magic stat to increase the damage from any magical effects on melee (and ranged) weapons.

Thanks for your input anyway.
  1. Boards
  2. Torchlight
  3. Does Martial and Magic Weapon Expterise stack?
  • Topic Archived