• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Torchlight
  3. Monster drops

User Info: jonoisgood

jonoisgood
6 years ago#1
Can anybody confirm or deny whether or not killing big groups of monsters all at once (for instance, blowing them all up with explosive shot) causes them to drop less stuff than if you kill them all one at a time with regular attacks?

Perhaps I'm just unlucky, but it seems to me like this is the case. It also seems like improved magic find and gold find also only apply to things that I kill with regular attacks, and not my traps kill.

I understand that drops are all based on a random number generator in the game, but it seems odd to me that on black palace maps, in areas where there are two rooms full of portals (the kind that spit out blood disciples and zealots), that if blow everybody up at once with explosive shot on one side, I'll get like 1 potion and 2 piles of gold, but if I kill everybody one at a time in the room across the hall, I'll get like 5-10x more drops. Does the RNG get overworked and forget to drop stuff if a large number of monsters die at the same time?
GT - hiltzy85
KOFXIII: Andy, Mai, Iori, Robert | Tekken 6: Steve, Bruce, Kazuya | SSFIV AE: Evil Ryu | SFxT: Kazuya, Jin, Ryu, Steve, Bryan

User Info: Super Creatures

Super Creatures
6 years ago#2
jonoisgood posted...
Perhaps I'm just unlucky, but it seems to me like this is the case. It also seems like improved magic find and gold find also only apply to things that I kill with regular attacks, and not my traps kill.

I believe this is the case, as I believe those bonuses do not apply to minions, and I believe that traps are considered minions.

Of course, I could be completely wrong.
R.I.P. Eve English (Feb. 12, 1968 - Oct. 13, 2010)
Momma Eve, you will be missed.

User Info: jonoisgood

jonoisgood
6 years ago#3
Obviously you can give your pet rings/necklaces that improve gold or magic find, so I guess it isn't surprising that pet/minions killing things leads to fewer/poorer drops
GT - hiltzy85
KOFXIII: Andy, Mai, Iori, Robert | Tekken 6: Steve, Bruce, Kazuya | SSFIV AE: Evil Ryu | SFxT: Kazuya, Jin, Ryu, Steve, Bryan
  1. Boards
  2. Torchlight
  3. Monster drops
  • Topic Archived