• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Torchlight
  3. Set and Unique items

User Info: jonoisgood

jonoisgood
6 years ago#1
Apart from being random drops, are set items always the same? Like if I find a pair of Hawk Gloves on two different characters, are they going to have the same stats or abilities?

What about Unique items? I have read that they are mostly random stats. Has anybody found multiple copies of the same unique, with totally different stats/modifier? If I try to enchant a unique item, and it fails (disenchants), does it lose all of it's unique item abilities?
GT - hiltzy85
KOFXIII: Andy, Mai, Iori, Robert | Tekken 6: Steve, Bruce, Kazuya | SSFIV AE: Evil Ryu | SFxT: Kazuya, Jin, Ryu, Steve, Bryan

User Info: ZardoZsays

ZardoZsays
6 years ago#2
There are regular and epic versions of stuff, The Uniques are all the same for the most part, some of the stuff will have some base stats which are always the same and some random stats. Some of the crappy Set stuff will only have a few random stats like Midas rings.

I have a regular and epic version of Lankin's band with identical stats, the epic version will enchant with much much better results and bigger numbers. Generally you want higher levels on your gear to ensure better enchantments, +300hp vs +30hp.

jonoisgood
6 years ago#3
alright, thanks for the reply
GT - hiltzy85
KOFXIII: Andy, Mai, Iori, Robert | Tekken 6: Steve, Bruce, Kazuya | SSFIV AE: Evil Ryu | SFxT: Kazuya, Jin, Ryu, Steve, Bryan

jonoisgood
6 years ago#4
guess it turns out that unique items get disenchanted back to normal just like rare/enchanted stuff. My low level unique shield (Rivet's guard or something) turned into a Rivet's guard with no abilities. Guess I should have tested it on something that I wasn't currently using...
GT - hiltzy85

User Info: ZardoZsays

ZardoZsays
6 years ago#5
Psst! You can Sign-out/exit without saving if your item is wiped...
  1. Boards
  2. Torchlight
  3. Set and Unique items
  • Topic Archived