• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Tales of Xillia
  3. The Grade Farm in this game.....

User Info: Kaeaja

Kaeaja
10 months ago#1
You apparently gain Grade in Xillia and Xillia 2 by getting Titles, there is literally no other way....

Is this some kind of practical joke or did the devs actually think this idiotic method was actually clever and realistic? I've played through Xillia all the way to its end and unlocked everything I could have done and they think THIS will make me play more? This is such an artificial, fake way of extending the life of a game.....this game is fun don't get me wrong but if they think Title Farming is a good enough incentive in order for people to get Grade, they are sorely mistaken as that would take ages worth of time and isn't realistic in the slightest.....

Why couldn't they just stick with the tried and true methods of prior games like Vesperia and earlier? Vesperia's method of obtaining Grade was actually fun. Getting Titles should be for it's OWN sake, getting Titles, not to get Grade or it shouldn't be the ONLY way to get Grade.

User Info: dawnbomb

dawnbomb
10 months ago#2
Who cares? Anyone who did decent investigating would grab a 9999grade save to start their 1st run with anyway, so they don't have to run through multiple times.

same for like, every tales games. Imagine caring about getting everything, but not grabing a NG+ save to start on. Like, you know it will be hell, but you did it anyway. You even played vesperia, you knew you'd have to do multiple runs if you didn't. but you still chose to go blank. Its totally your own fault.

User Info: Kaeaja

Kaeaja
10 months ago#3
dawnbomb posted...
Who cares? Anyone who did decent investigating would grab a 9999grade save to start their 1st run with anyway, so they don't have to run through multiple times.

same for like, every tales games. Imagine caring about getting everything, but not grabing a NG+ save to start on. Like, you know it will be hell, but you did it anyway. You even played vesperia, you knew you'd have to do multiple runs if you didn't. but you still chose to go blank. Its totally your own fault.

Okay first off, chill out, you have zero reason to be talking to me like this and it comes off like you think your superior to me. Secondly the Grade Farm in Vesperia was NEVER terrible, infact I enjoyed it. Thirdly, why would I ever want to play a game (ANY GAME) from the very beginning especially if is a game I've never played, on a New Game + from the start? That isn't how I play games. Fourth, who goes out of their way to do such research into a game right out the gate when most people play games to have fun? So of course I went in blank that was the best way to have the most fun, least that's how I like to enjoy my games, I mean do you go out of your way to read a wiki about what happens in an upcoming episode of your favorite TV show before you even watch it? I highly doubt you do but if you do then that may work out for you but that isn't how everyone feels, and you have no right to judge them for not wanting to spoil the story for themselves, which playing a game on a new game+ would actually spoil the game for some people. I want to be able to earn my way to getting all that grade shop stuff just like I did in Vesperia: DE.

So you need to cool your jets and stop acting like you need to talk to me like you are in some unwarranted and honestly undeserved superior position, am I in a superior position? Not making that claim nor am I trying to be. All I am saying is that it seems really weird to tie the acquisition of Grade points in Xillia and Xillia 2 to Titles when that's never been the case in other Tales games, not a single one of them has done it like this before, least not the ones I've played and I've played and beaten Eternia (though this was the PSP version and that didn't have a Grade Shop), Tales of the Abyss, Tales of Symphonia 2 and Vesperia. Even Zesteria and Berseria the two most recent Tales games don't do it like this, so excuse me for feeling like this is an odd way of handling a Grade System in what are otherwise great additions to the Tales series, so please relax, I just like anyone else have the right to express discontent with something done in an otherwise great game and no one has the right to berate anyone for not liking something.

That said, I haven't beaten Zesteria or Berseria but I know their Grade System isn't handled like in Xillia or Xillia 2 and is more like what we'd expect from Vesperia and others.
  1. Boards
  2. Tales of Xillia
  3. The Grade Farm in this game.....
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Q&A

Where can I find porange and napple? Side Quest2 Answers
Where can I find a Pink Emerald? Side Quest4 Answers
Where do i find the Peachberry Blossom? Side Quest3 Answers
How do I enable co-op battles? Tech Support1 Answer
Ex Dungeon? Side Quest3 Answers