• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Tales of Xillia
  3. JUST finished the game... SPOILERS

User Info: Shorty231990

Shorty231990
11 months ago#1
I gotta say, the games story overall I'd throw in my top 3 Tales games, the only ones I have yet to play are Xillia 2 and Zestiria

but goddamn, the whole last act and the ending WAS s***

I am sooooooooo frustrated beyond belief. It was doing so well... That last act was ridiculous.

So many unanswered questions. Why did MIlla have to replace MAxwell? Why does he have to die if he destroys the road to the spirit world? He is the king of the goddamn spirit world and can create life. Humans were able to go and visit him once, why couldnt they go and visit milla then? and why is she in a grassy area at the end? and how the heck does pathetic human jude able to punch a GOD and evade all his metoers good lord.. and why is a GOD stupid like a human and lose sight of what should be done to the point his spirits turn on him... and man i really really just hated everything about that, everything up until then was great. All the plot twists were cool... So upset lol

I had so many other questions, thank god my damn brain forgot them to save me suffering. Just seemed like a ton of bulls*** ... like do they purposely place a bunch of s*** with no context or answers because it seems mysterious. These people aren't stupid, but they are looking stupid.

Maybe it's because I'm 30 years old now, but man i was cringing hard throughout the damn story at so many parts, but the overall story was good...

User Info: dawnbomb

dawnbomb
11 months ago#2
I think something that may have gone over your head somehow was that it's a video game. As in the entire world of xillia, it's characters, ect are all fake. The world of 'xillia' is a creation, where as the world alvin is from, is the 'real world' (and as such alvin is real.) The rules of the world of xillia, were just programmed / created / ect and tuned by the 'god' for the world they made (Maxwell) kind of like a head admin.

The admin of the world (Maxwell) wanted to protect it from the real world, as the real world was using the simulation /fake world of xillia to create something that could benefit the real world, much like how in the real world we use computer programs to make 3D printers to code / create fake things in a editor that get printed into reality, the 'real world' of the game was using Xillia as a creation to make things to then be printed (of sorts) into their reality.

Maxwell made a barrier (thats the fantasy name he gives, but really its like a coding firewall in the rather innacurate simplest explanation i can give) to protect the fake world from being accessed by the real world. (Like in the anime Sword Art Online Season 1). Many of the things that 'have to happen' or some such, are because they were literally programmed to have to happen from the very beginning when the xillia simulation was first being created by coders in the real world. As a reminder, as far as you learn in X1, the real world has serious extreme issues affecting it that could possibly wipe out a huge amount of people (Like COVID, lol). Throughout the game, the protagonist notices but doesn't pry to much that alvin does not have a mana lobe in his brain, that is because alvin is a real human being, and his sword gun is real technology made to re-create the fantasy video game appearance of being magical, as real world people there (just like on earth) do not have mana lobes.

The overall idea was, if we were to compare this to actual earth reality, is to create a fantasy video game, then use a 3D printer to make the fantasy magic stuff come into reality, in order to fix real world problems, (like trying to 3D print Elise onto earth to cure covid with her healing magic / mana lobe). Many 'actors' world rules, ect, are hard coded to some extent to only being able to do some things, and having unnatural restrictions, as a saftey measure. This way the fantasy world they made can't take over reality.

Lets hit your questions directly, referring to 'xillia' as video game or fantasy, and the 'real world' as the place alvin is from.

-Why did MIlla have to replace MAxwell? [Because it's a video game and it was programmed that way, kinda.]
-Why does he have to die if he destroys the road to the spirit world? [because they programmed the game that way]
-He is the king of the goddamn spirit world and can create life. [He is a AI in a game, and was programmed to have unreasonable restrictions / requirements]
-Humans were able to go and visit him once [This was before Maxwell creates the fantasy rpg barrier to stop them from comming, or in other worlds put up something like a firewall]
-why couldnt they go and visit milla then? [Because video game logic says no, probably because they didn't want the AI being able to give up power to other AI's without the same programming, and still have the same power level in the video game]
-why is she in a grassy area at the end [Thats just to look cool lol]
-and how the heck does pathetic human jude able to punch a GOD and evade all his metoers good lord.. [The goal of the fantasy world was to automatically create strong life that could be printed into reality to solve it's problems. Maxwell may seem like a OP god, but thats only from judes viewpoint who had never really seen reality. Obviously i can't go to much farther without Xillia2 spoilers, but just remember as far as the 'real world' within xillia is cares, its a character in a video game beating another character in a video game, so anything goes.]
-and why is a GOD stupid like a human and lose sight of what should be done to the point his spirits turn on him... [X2 spoilers so i can't talk a lot but, it's a video game, consider it a saftey measure on their AI Admin they made incase it did things the real world did not intent]
and man i really really just hated everything about that, everything up until then was great. All the plot twists were cool... So upset lol [It makes more sense when you read my post, also it's to setup X2, i could see how it seems weird if you didn't realize xillia is a video game, i think they don't spend to much time talking about it so maybe you just forgot or were distracted, i think alvins brother in reality is the first time you hear about it being a fantasy world, I would recommend refamiliarizing yourself with the concept that xillia is just a fantasy rpg made from the real world, basically a video game, as this concept gets explored in much more meta ways in the sequal game, and you will need to pay very close attention to understand Xillia2's plot if you got confused by this already]

-do they purposely place a bunch of s*** with no context or answers because it seems mysterious. These people aren't stupid, but they are looking stupid. [I think it's just that you missed that it's a video game and interpreted the scenes the wrong way. Also, a few things are intentionally left unexplained even when you do understand whats going on as setup for X2. Unlike most tales games, Xillia 1+2 was a direct duology from the very beginning of development. That said, X2's plot make hurt to think about if you can't grasp X1, as it goes much deeper into meta existence and living vicariously ]

Maybe it's because I'm 30 years old now, but man i was cringing hard throughout the damn story at so many parts, but the overall story was good...

[Yes it's a really good plot. As a final note, a few things are not made aware to you based on the protagonist you chose. I assume you picked jude from your post, but millias story has a few things just so the game has 2 plots. However, it's skippable as once you gather that xillia is a video game created to solve real world problems, the minor things don't matter as much. Thats said, if you picked milla as your protagonist, this leaves important plot holes going into xillia2, as a lot happens while shes dead, not even counting scenes she just doesn't see. Mostly it matters because altho maybe not so obvious, but with millia being un-meetable, Jude takes front stage in X2. While millia isn't 'dead' in X2, the meta plot goes so much deeper and things from X1 can be used as meta lore across the content X2 explores. ]

Shorty231990
11 months ago#3
Wow, thanks so much for the detailed reply i sincerely apprecoate it!!! Sorry for the late reply on my part, I am about to start Xilia 2 right now.. Yeah a lot of what you said makes more sense if Xilia was a fake world or video game simulation world... still some questions but let's see what xilia 2 has to offer !

Shorty231990
11 months ago#4
Since you're so knowledgable, if you wouldn't mind answering this for me I have been really wondering

Near the beginning, when we are in Nia Khara? (forgot the spelling/name) The villager mentions something about Milla Maxwell's 6 followers that formed the lands was in fact not the true story of how things went down, and MIlla gave him a weird look like "shut up now". ... what the heck was that about? is that something answered in Xilia 2?
  1. Boards
  2. Tales of Xillia
  3. JUST finished the game... SPOILERS
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Q&A

Where can I find porange and napple? Side Quest2 Answers
Where can I find a Pink Emerald? Side Quest4 Answers
Where do i find the Peachberry Blossom? Side Quest3 Answers
How do I enable co-op battles? Tech Support1 Answer
Ex Dungeon? Side Quest3 Answers