• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Tales of Xillia
  3. Finally played the game...

User Info: sumnayin

sumnayin
1 year ago#1
Okay, so I bought this in 2015 for like 10 bucks on PSN, finally started it in 2020 and beat it....This is the worst Tales game I have ever played. There is literally no point to the game for the first 50-75% of the game as the only real story is that there is a Spyrix that needs to be destroyed even though we know nothing about it(Which they find out later). Then, Jude later admits he just wants to follow Milla around because he has a crush on her and she likes him. Then after that 50-75% of the game with no real story...everyone in your party agrees that risking the entirety of humanity is worth letting spirits be killed when their whole thing is saving humans and spirits. These people are literally okay with letting spirits die and risking the human race being wiped out to stop Gaius(the good guy in this story, but the bad guy in the game) from saving humanity and spirits.

Jude LITERALLY tells Gaius at the end of the game that he doesn't care if all of humanity dies...because Milla likes him and he wants to help her...HE LITERALLY SAYS THAT.

User Info: dawnbomb

dawnbomb
1 year ago#2
okay...and? jude can't be selfish?

tales is mostly for it's rippin combat systems and high difficulty gameplay the games allow, that almost no other action game can get close to, except maybe YS now adays.

User Info: Number090684

Number090684
1 year ago#3
Yeah Xillia 1 sucks TC. Xillia 2 is both better and worse in some ways, but at least part of what Xillia 2 improved absolutely delivers and are the most important aspects of Tales games, the combat and overall content. Also, Xillia 2's "bad" ending is amazing and let's you make things right when it comes to these insufferable characters and all around s***ty entry in the Tales series.

User Info: 2pac_Alypse_Now

2pac_Alypse_Now
1 year ago#4
As far as Tales games go this was one I actually enjoyed.
Twitter handle @theRPGer

User Info: angolmoa

angolmoa
1 year ago#5
I love all tales games..
ppl most start to take tales game for what it is.
you think tales of aries will be any better.not many tales game beat tales of graces f.
Love video game much as life it self=)

User Info: sniffy

sniffy
10 months ago#6
I didn't think any Tales games could get worse than Tales of Symphonia: Dawn of the New World, but Tales of Xillia tore right through that one. This is hands down the worst Tales game in the entire series. Congrats on getting through this horrible installment!
Each successive Final Fantasy game makes the previous Final Fantasy game look like a masterpiece.

User Info: Krobelus

Krobelus
10 months ago#7
nah, dawn of the new world was still infinitely worse, might as well have called it a pokemon crossover
The only equal to myself, is myself

User Info: hizumi84

hizumi84
9 months ago#8
I dunno, but ToX1 is definitely the best Tales I've ever played followed by Berseria. I just enjoyed every moment of it and Milla is the best Tales waifu lol.

User Info: Po-Rayu

Po-Rayu
8 months ago#9
Vesperia is the worst. I’m really enjoying Xillia’s combat. It actually doesn’t take forever to turn decent like Vesperia.

User Info: QueenCia

QueenCia
8 months ago#10
Yeah I really didn't like this game. Was fun for a while but it got boring, the characters and story that is. Good job the gameplay was enough to make me finish it, didn't even bother with 2.

Tales of Berseria on the other hand...oh boy, one of my fav jrpgs and kept me hooked start to finish.
Sigh
  1. Boards
  2. Tales of Xillia
  3. Finally played the game...
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Q&A

Where can I find porange and napple? Side Quest2 Answers
Where can I find a Pink Emerald? Side Quest4 Answers
Where do i find the Peachberry Blossom? Side Quest3 Answers
How do I enable co-op battles? Tech Support1 Answer
Ex Dungeon? Side Quest3 Answers