• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
  3. Apparently the Anniversary Edition is going to break the mods.

User Info: EternalVarik

EternalVarik
1 month ago#1
They are updating the Special Edition on steam instead of it being a separate download from what I have read.
My favorite person in the world here: https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/user

User Info: bshwalker

bshwalker
1 month ago#2
If mods are broken, I’d call that a fatal mistake.

But there is a big part of me that believes they could actually do it.

I don’t trust Bethesda and I believe that this could be a way to get people groomed for Creation Club exclusivity for mods.

(edited 1 month ago)

EternalVarik
1 month ago#3
bshwalker posted...
If mods are broken, I’d call that a fatal mistake.

But there is a big part of me that believes they could actually do it.

I don’t trust Bethesda and I believe that this could be a way to get people groomed for Creation Club exclusivity for mods.

Yeah it kind of seems that way. Pretty sketchy.

User Info: BridgeFour

BridgeFour
1 month ago#4
I think it mostly only breaks SKSE-based mods. SKSE is kind of a hack to begin with (basically adding things that Bethesda never officially supported), so breaking it should be expected. I wouldn't say it's sketchy... Just standard software development headaches.

Someone more knowledgeable on SKSE should probably correct me on this.
I yield to none.

EternalVarik
1 month ago#5
BridgeFour posted...
I think it mostly only breaks SKSE-based mods. SKSE is kind of a hack to begin with (basically adding things that Bethesda never officially supported), so breaking it should be expected. I wouldn't say it's sketchy... Just standard software development headaches.

Someone more knowledgeable on SKSE should probably correct me on this.

Yeah I only know how to add mods to the game and that's it. I don't know enough about SKSE to say anything about it being a hack either. But the majority of mods seem to require it from my experience.

User Info: BridgeFour

BridgeFour
1 month ago#6
EternalVarik posted...
Yeah I only know how to add mods to the game and that's it. I don't know enough about SKSE to say anything about it being a hack either. But the majority of mods seem to require it from my experience.

There's quite a few popular ones, but certainly not a majority.
I yield to none.

User Info: Arsene_Lupin

Arsene_Lupin
1 month ago#7

User Info: JimmyFraska

JimmyFraska
1 month ago#8
Every Skyrim update breaks mods. All of them.

If the author of the mod you like isn't around to update it to fix it, that means it's an outdated mod.

Do you all not remember Skyrim Special Edition going a year or so without SKSE mods? And this won't even be as radical a jump as that.

It's business as usual, nothing to worry about. If you want to avoid issues, mod now and stop updates on your steam. Me, I'll wait for all the best, most up to date mods, to update to the newest version of the game, cause it will happen. So don't worry about it.
(edited 1 month ago)

User Info: bshwalker

bshwalker
1 month ago#9
What does the update add besides 500 items and some new quests?

*I looked it up.
Im a sneak. No armor, no weapons, no magic. All of the above are for people that can’t sneak well.

It doesn’t add anything that I’m interested in.
What would’ve gotten my attention?
Hand to hand combat, better alchemy, knockouts, skooma dealing, skooma addiction, more ways to finish the civil war, an actual civil war, spying, NPCs eating actual food items from inventory not just a scripted animation, diplomacy, climbing, NPC drowning, NPC affected by cold weather, a GOG release…

oh well…
(edited 1 month ago)

User Info: Raze_Razel

Raze_Razel
4 weeks ago#10
So if I have the Special Edition on PC, I'm getting all the new stuff in the Anniversary Edition?
"Thanos is right"; I think 50-75% of us need to go, and let the righteous remain.....
  1. Boards
  2. The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
  3. Apparently the Anniversary Edition is going to break the mods.
  • Post New Message

GameFAQs Q&A