• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
  3. Showing our 70 year old dad skyrim

User Info: JimmyFraska

JimmyFraska
5 months ago#1
My brother and I filmed this with our dad awhile ago. He doesn't have a lot of experience with games but he had fun:
https://youtu.be/9vKypR7HvKw

User Info: tony8669

tony8669
5 months ago#2
Is he a potential competitor to Skyrim Grandma?

JimmyFraska
5 months ago#3
tony8669 posted...
Is he a potential competitor to Skyrim Grandma?
Nah, if we do any more content, it will be more our style, cut down like this video. Her videos are more longform, lets play style

User Info: tony8669

tony8669
5 months ago#4
Yeah, I think she does stream regularly.

Did he like it enough to want to keep playing, or was he just toying around and it was like a one time thing?

I did like how his character looked a lot like him. Fortunate it was possible too, I doubt I could get a character to look like me.

JimmyFraska
5 months ago#5
Part 2 is out, starting the main quest at Helgen!
https://youtu.be/Thhe-MFYtGk

User Info: midwestnative

midwestnative
5 months ago#6
Hey, I'm 69 and I've been gaming since we had a moon-lander game on an oscilloscope in the Ay lab. Or was the question-and-answer Star Trek game on teletype to the main-frame before that? Commodore 64 games weren't much improvement on that, except one could play them at home. Could play Donkey Kong (the original) all lunch hour on one quarter; well, maybe two quarters. Then we got to Commander Keen (and Keen Dreams, in which the enemies were vegetables) and that sort of game. Original Sim City (how many llamas in your zoo? Oh, no! Here comes Godzilla!) Myst (never did finish). Mario and Aladdin (when the kids were little).

Point is, some of us oldsters have been gaming for a long, long time without you noticing us. It took my daughter to turn me on to the Elder Scrolls but now I have a big hog of a gaming laptop and mod my games like crazy. Arthritis means I have to use a controller rather than a keyboard (can't move fingers quickly with the necessary accuracy). Haven't gotten to making mods myself - think I need a tutor as online tutorials aren't quite enough.

User Info: Lunar4

Lunar4
3 months ago#7
midwestnative posted...
Hey, I'm 69 and I've been gaming since we had a moon-lander game on an oscilloscope in the Ay lab. Or was the question-and-answer Star Trek game on teletype to the main-frame before that? Commodore 64 games weren't much improvement on that, except one could play them at home. Could play Donkey Kong (the original) all lunch hour on one quarter; well, maybe two quarters. Then we got to Commander Keen (and Keen Dreams, in which the enemies were vegetables) and that sort of game. Original Sim City (how many llamas in your zoo? Oh, no! Here comes Godzilla!) Myst (never did finish). Mario and Aladdin (when the kids were little).

Point is, some of us oldsters have been gaming for a long, long time without you noticing us. It took my daughter to turn me on to the Elder Scrolls but now I have a big hog of a gaming laptop and mod my games like crazy. Arthritis means I have to use a controller rather than a keyboard (can't move fingers quickly with the necessary accuracy). Haven't gotten to making mods myself - think I need a tutor as online tutorials aren't quite enough.

commander keen was a classic :P

....and all those money shots!

User Info: Galuf_the_Dwarf

Galuf_the_Dwarf
3 months ago#8
Ha! My dad plays video games as well, mostly some classic NES games (namely Final Fantasy I, Dragon Warrior 1-3, Super Mario Bros. and the original Legend of Zelda game) as well as various PC games (mostly some of the Command & Conquer games, namely C&C: Generals, Master of Magic, and the original Lands of Lore game). He's 72 as of this year, though he doesn't quite find the time for games that he used to, but he still enjoys them when he gets the chance. More power to your dad if he finds enjoyment in that. ;)

User Info: DrYuya

DrYuya
2 months ago#9
Show him the boob mods/ CBBE/UNPB/UUNP/BHUNP/ BHUANSHYTPUPUP or gtfo
It's time to kick ass and chew bubblegum, and I'm all out of ass but still have plenty of bubblegum to chew at my leisure.

User Info: red255

red255
1 month ago#10
Yes what mods do you have installed?
If the next one is called, because of his MO, the underwear bomber, you'll know I'm on to something. Calvin Trillin June 16, 2006.
  1. Boards
  2. The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
  3. Showing our 70 year old dad skyrim
  • Post New Message

GameFAQs Q&A