• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.

User Info: radamantys

radamantys
3 months ago#1
I recently returned to Skyrim for yet another playthrough so i installed some new mods and while i was on the nexus i saw one called Caffeine ENB. In the mod info it says that it is not really demanding on the computer but my question is, could i use that mod with my pc specs?:

AMD A10-5745M APU
Radeon HD Graphics, 2.10 GHz
12 GB RAM

Also, since i´m in the topic of mods, any mods you recommend would be nice, i already have around 110 but if you know some cool ones, especially armor, weapon and shields mods for a male dragonborn, i´d appreciate it.

BTW, i have Legendary Edition.
What are you doing reading this? My post is up there^^

User Info: Evil_Geoff

Evil_Geoff
3 months ago#2
That's not exactly a high end performer there, even when it was new in 2014. The A10-5745M is a notebook processor, and tops out at 2.9 Ghz. It was never intended to be used as a gaming rig. While it is a bit better than the minimum system requirements, that APU is well below the recommended specs for Skyrim playing on Ultra settings.

Depending on how well tweaked you have the game for shadows, rendering distance, LOD, etc., you might be able keep acceptable frame rates with a good look with that ENB.
Hah! You kids these days got it easy. I started playing video games with PONG. Now THAT was a video game! And get off my lawn!

radamantys
3 months ago#3
Yeah, it isn´t really a high end performer but it has been able to run skyrim in ultra settings just well enough my past playthroughs. I just saw that ENB and since it said it wasn´t very demanding i thought i might be able to use it.

Evil_Geoff
3 months ago#4
Wish I could help more - for years I was playing the game on a Toshiba Satellite laptop with an A6 APU when I traveled. The game was modded, but I never used an ENB, or texture heavy mods. My desktop is a Lenovo K330: i7-2600 CPU, 12GB RAM, MSI Radeon R6770 1GB CPU, so while it's as old as the game, it was a beast of a rig when it came out. But never tried an ENB. It's still the computer I play Skyrim on. Ultra settings, 60fps and stable as a table. :-)

I got a new Alienware a few months ago, and that's where I put recent AAA titles Wolfenstein: The New Order, FO4, SSE, FO76, etc.

I might have to try tricking out Oldrim with an ENB after all these years. *LOL*

Install it and give it a whirl! If it FUBARs your framerate, uninstall and carry on.
Hah! You kids these days got it easy. I started playing video games with PONG. Now THAT was a video game! And get off my lawn!

radamantys
3 months ago#5
Yeah. i think i´ll try it. One day i´ll have my gaming pc, lol.

Anyway, any other fun/good mods that you recommend?

Evil_Geoff
3 months ago#6
For my play style, the first mods I load are the Unofficial Skyrim LEgendary Edition Patch, and Cutting Room Floor. USLEEP fixes a BUNCH of bugs that Bethesda didn't bother with. And Cutting Room Floor restores a bunch of cut content and quests. Both are by Arthmoor and crew, and work well.

For dealing with inventory management, I use Another Sorting Mod-2018. Unfortunately Mebantiza took it off of Nexus because he's concentrating on the SSE version. You might be able to find it on other mod sites. I use SKY-UI and also General Stores by Harvey2112 and Craftable Cloud Storage, also by Harvey2112. General Stores created shared a inventory container in each of the vanilla player homes, and he added an expansion for Hearthfires so you can dump stuff in you house in Winterhold, and take it out in your house Hjaalmarch... CCS lets you create "keys" that you can drop to place storage containers wherever you want, that tie into the General Stores system. ANYWHERE. In the middle of a dungeon and over encumbered? Drop a Master Storage Chest key to place the container, fill it with your loot, and hit it with your magic pickaxe. Now you're unemcumbered, your key is back in your inventory and your loot will be wherever you want to take it out.

There are several player house mods that trick out existing or create new player homes that use the General Stores or CCS base but you don't need them if you use CCS and place the storage you want where you want. One of my faves is Rayek's End with General Stores.

I use A Quality World Map because the default map sucks. *LOL*

After that? It's whatever I'm in the mood for. Currently I've got the Ever Body's Different series of mods in to add more variety to NPC features and clothing. I like CBBE by caliente and other "adult" oriented mods. Apachii Sky Hair, Pretty Lips and a few cosmetic mods are usually in the load order and some player houses like Castle Volkihar Rebuilt.

I like The Paarthurnax Dilemma, even though it is not voiced, because it lets you COMMAND the Blades and tell them to piss off about killing Paarthurnax, if you don't want to loose them as a source of sidequests/goodies/allies. The Paarthurnax Ultimatum can be a stand-alone mod, or has a patch to use with TPD, that voices Delphine through the "I'm the Dragonborn, and the Blades serve ME" stuff.

radamantys
3 months ago#7
Thank you, i already have some of those but i´ll be sure to check the rest.
  • Topic Archived