I'm not very optimistic about TES 6.

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
  3. I'm not very optimistic about TES 6.

User Info: tommytoe85

tommytoe85
4 months ago#11
While it's too early to have any concrete evidence either way, I am a bit concerned. Fallout 4 sounds rather mediocre (never actually played it or any of the FO series), the Creation Club honestly feels like Bethesda made a list of ways it could go wrong, then deliberately checked every box to make it terrible everyone involved, they're still using modified versions of the Creation Engine instead of building one from scratch...

And for God's sake Bethesda, stop remastering Skyrim already!

User Info: bshwalker

bshwalker
4 months ago#12
It’s the continuous Skyrim releases that has me the most worried.
Innovation and taking chances are a thing of the past.
Writers aren’t considered necessary anymore.
The fear of failure and the catering to the masses is all but a guarantee that tes6 is going to be Skyrim in the jungle, desert, or the woods.
That’s about it.
With so many gamers rejoicing over the continuous simplification of the games, more simplification is to be expected.
As a result, I have concluded that, for myself, gaming has come to an end due to the market shifting to things that I don’t enjoy/find zero challenge in.
It’s fine. I have found new hobbies and am enjoying them immensely.
Going outside has proven far more enjoyable.
Being called nostalgic is a compliment. Thanks for noticing!
~C.O.I.~

User Info: Chielz0r

Chielz0r
4 months ago#13
bshwalker posted...
Going outside has proven far more enjoyable.

Haha, I feel the same way.

Now and then there is a gem like the Witcher 3 or DOOM, but games have been increasingly disappointing the last few years.

User Info: Tidras

Tidras
4 months ago#14
bshwalker posted...
With so many gamers rejoicing over the continuous simplification of the games, more simplification is to be expected.

Care to elaborate? Do you mean specifically Fallout and TES games here?
Because i've only heard the opposite, gamers don't want their games to be dumbed down. Or were you referring to another genre?

User Info: gtomanga

gtomanga
4 months ago#15
^I think he was refrencing fallout 4

ES6 will probably be a dragon age 3 knockoff with minecraft stuff.
Ys,megaman,harvest moon,sly cooper,rune factory,shin megami tensei,growlanser,superman,bomberman,shump,sonic fan

User Info: Chielz0r

Chielz0r
4 months ago#16
Tidras posted...
bshwalker posted...

Because i've only heard the opposite, gamers don't want their games to be dumbed down. Or were you referring to another genre?

People vote with their money and they keep buying even when games get increasingly dumbed down and shallow. Devs don't read forums, they look at sales.

bshwalker
4 months ago#17
Chielz0r posted...
Tidras posted...
bshwalker posted...

People vote with their money and they keep buying even when games get increasingly dumbed down and shallow. Devs don't read forums, they look at sales.

Well said.
~C.O.I.~

bshwalker
4 months ago#18
Tidras posted...
bshwalker posted...

Since I play very few games (I’ve purchased about 3 games since Skyrim in 2011) I dont know much about trends in gaming.
I base my statement on previous comments throughout the years concerning Skyrim.
As I’ve said for several years, you don’t want things removed from TES games, you only want things added. Removing and changing existing things are easier to mod out than it is to create things that don’t exist.
So, for example, some were overjoyed when weapon and armor deterioration were done away with. Very easy to mod out, very difficult to mod in for those that like it.
Athletics and agility being removed had a lot of players saying “Good! They were easy to exploit!”
First off, it’s not the games fault you can’t control yourself.
Second, those things were the foundation of mods that are difficult if not impossible to mod into Skyrim.
So it’s more than simplification of the series.
It’s losing modding potential that simplification brings that’s at stake.
I don’t know about Fallout because I don’t like the setting so I’m talking about the TES series
~C.O.I.~

User Info: Evil_Geoff

Evil_Geoff
4 months ago#19
Economics... Game companies may love building games. Game designers may love building games. But ultimately, they are driven by the market. They will make games simpler if it will sell more copies.

You want complicated, challenging games. I get that. Personally, I really enjoyed a lot of the game mechanics that Obsidian brought to the Fallout world in New Vegas that Bethesda discarded for FO4. It felt like post-Apocalypse Oblivion in many ways. Those games are out there, but you're going to have to look for them. Big studios are going to focus on big money - that means mass market, and that means being accessible, and that means being simple and easy for players to pick up and go.

Complaining about games getting to simple to play is kind of like me ranting about...

I don't like all these fancy GUI OS's for computers, makes it easy for any idiot to get on the internet and run amok. Back in the day, all we had was DOS, you had to run everything from the command line and you could only have one program up and running at a time. You had to close it if you wanted to call up one of the TSR's running in the background. You had to be able to remember your DOS commands to go look at files! And don't get me started on when single side, single density floppy drives started to replace cassette drives for computers! Cradle modems that run at 2400 baud are what REAL computer geeks want. Computers are getting too easy!

Yeah, it's a pet peeve of mine. The realm of geeks and eggheads and nerds is now full of 86 IQ's taking duck-face selfies and posting cat memes.

I can't stuff the Genie or AOHell back in the bottle, I have to deal with the reality and find the geeks, eggheads and nerds on my own now. I can't automatically assume that the person on the other end of the electron stream is brighter than a toaster oven.
Hah! You kids these days got it easy. I started playing video games with PONG. Now THAT was a video game! And get off my lawn!

User Info: marrax

marrax
4 months ago#20
Evil_Geoff posted...
I can't automatically assume that the person on the other end of the electron stream is brighter than a toaster oven.

I know some very personable toaster ovens who would be offended by that.
i7-2600 @ 3.40GHz | 8Gb DDR3 | Gigabyte GTX1060 OC 6Gb | Win10 Pro
  1. Boards
  2. The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
  3. I'm not very optimistic about TES 6.

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived