I'm not very optimistic about TES 6.

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
  3. I'm not very optimistic about TES 6.

User Info: Chielz0r

Chielz0r
4 months ago#1
The way the gaming industry is heading..
Loot boxes, payed mod shenanigans with the creation club.
Fallout 4 not being that great.

Continuing on this path the future for TES 6 doesn't look that bright.

I hope I'm wrong ofcourse.

User Info: Oddplume

Oddplume
4 months ago#2
Well give it time. ...Seriously, give it time. Bethesda isn't even working on 6 right now. We'll probably see another Super Skyrim Turbo before Fallout 5.

I wouldn't worry too much. EA got a pretty nasty burn for being so obviously predatory with their business practices. In the end, the customer is still always right.
Load the Spaceship with the rocket fuel, LOAD IT WITH THE WORDS!
R.I.P. Ultimate Warrior 4/8/2014

User Info: H4RDC0R3V1B3Z

H4RDC0R3V1B3Z
4 months ago#3
Yeah, they've said that the current tech (assuming they mean the Creation Engine) isn't capable of doing what they have planned for TESVI. So I'm hoping they are building a new engine from scratch. Which could potentially improve the performance of future Bethesda games. Something which is drastically needed (mainly on PC versions).

Aside from Skyrim and Fallout 4 being fairly mediocre (yes, I'm one of those people lol), my biggest gripe was not being able to play with all bells and whistles, on a PC that is way beyond the recommended. Skyrim wasn't too bad, but Fallout 4 was just awful performance-wise. Eventually, I managed to get FO4 running smooth but even then, suffered crashes whenever I glanced in Boston's direction, or was running around in the area itself. I gave up. Still haven't completed it.

That said, this current trend with games does also worry me slightly. Only slightly, though. With people standing up to EA, and affecting their stock, there is a good chance that other companies will take note. What will happen in the long-run? Nobody knows. If gamers continue to stand up and make their voices heard, the situations might well change. Whether this will affect future games, other than the online first-person shooter, is anybody's guess.

One can only hope.

But at least people made a difference for once, instead of just throwing money blindly at any old s***e that comes out. It's something I wish would happen more often. Put those greedy bastards in their place.
So say we all.

User Info: Nabinator

Nabinator
4 months ago#4
I don't see Bethesda implementing any of those shady tactics. I mean, they're publishing games on a yearly basis outside of ES and Fallout, and they're top quality. Wolfenstein, Dishonoured. I don't think we have anything to worry about in that department

The only strike against them so far is the poor Fallout 4 DLC. I felt sorry for those who paid top dollar for the season pass, because it simply wasn't worth it.

Bethesda DLC hasn't been that strong for years now though. Not since Oblivion days, imo. And even that was a bit shonky with all the little extras.

But as far as the base games go, we get quality
You have the right to have an opinion, but that doesn't mean your opinion is right
(message deleted)

User Info: Nabinator

Nabinator
4 months ago#6
SushiSquid posted...
H4RDC0R3V1B3Z posted...
So I'm hoping they are building a new engine from scratch.

They won't. As much as they kept calling the Creation engine used for Fallout 4 and Skyrim new, it's just another iteration of what was used for Fallout 3/NV and Oblivion, which iterated on Morrowind, which itself I think did iterate on Daggerfall. It's similar to Civilization games. Look in the DLL and you'll find stuff that's from Civ I in there. Some game companies just keep improving on things rather than starting all over, which isn't exactly a bad thing. After all, switching to Frostbite engine is what majorly screwed over Mass Effect Andromeda. New for the sake of new isn't always good.

I agree with this.

I have no qualms about the ES engine. In fact it's strengths far outweigh its weaknesses for modding purposes. I'd rather a far more polished/advanced version than a brand new engine that could potentially f*** everything up
You have the right to have an opinion, but that doesn't mean your opinion is right

User Info: bshwalker

bshwalker
4 months ago#7
I agree with TC.
Look at what they tried with paid mods, first on Steam and now with the Creation Club.
They want money for mods. They’ve said it and proved it.
Hate to sound like a party pooper but I’ve accepted that Skyrim will be my last one.
Being called nostalgic is a compliment. Thanks for noticing!
~C.O.I.~

User Info: HiSaZuL

HiSaZuL
4 months ago#8
Nabinator posted...
I don't see Bethesda implementing any of those shady tactics. I mean, they're publishing games on a yearly basis outside of ES and Fallout, and they're top quality. Wolfenstein, Dishonoured. I don't think we have anything to worry about in that department

The only strike against them so far is the poor Fallout 4 DLC. I felt sorry for those who paid top dollar for the season pass, because it simply wasn't worth it.

Bethesda DLC hasn't been that strong for years now though. Not since Oblivion days, imo. And even that was a bit shonky with all the little extras.

But as far as the base games go, we get quality

AhhahahHAWhahahaahhaha
ha... ha...
Wait...
You are serious?
Cpn Picard do the honors. Do it hard.

Let's see. Their engine after Morrowind has been an absolute pile of s***. They have been one of the laziest developers for more then a decade by now, not asian lazy level like PWE or ugh Ubi but lazy to the point of it being ridiculous. Same bugs... 15 years in a row doesn't say much. Skyrim has been... sold as new game how many f***ing times by now? and it is still barely holding together on its own.

TES games since about 2/3 have been consistently dumbed down. Blame what ever you want, makes no difference because the end result is still the same dumbed down games. Fallout 4... lacks towns... because.... reasons! oh right settlements... make your own, with utter garbage for tools and absolute atrocity for mechanics. Yay! By the way it's heading... magic will likely be gone from TES6. Enchanting will be reduced to... making your boxers glow with different colors or increase health. Doubt there will be more stats then health.

Horse armor dlc? Check.
Completely broken on release and requiring modding without tools to progress through main story? There was Skyrim and Esberns door.... just to name one.

Paid mods? Going for second attempt now with their dickhead club.

Dishonored 2 first ... months ----USER---- reviews were in basically dumpster and for a good reason.

Calling Oblivion their strong days is just insulting. That was the absolute worst TES title. First iteration of their new engine, broken and still is. Hideous as all hell npcs, worse then battlespire. Protagonist was.... not the center point.... Main story was presented like s***. Faction storylines were mostly presented like s*** too. DB at least had great voice acting and some fun parts but not that much better then fighters guild. Shivering Isles was a breath of fresh air... but still part of a giant turd with horse armor dlc.

Shady tactics is the only thing they do these days. How many more times are they going to resell Skyrim exactly?

And yes I liked Skyrim well enough and I "liked" Fallout 4 well enough too... except I despised the main features that took 30+% of the content. Bethesda worlds have been lifeless for a while now. Fallout 4 was basically baren, Skyrim despite all the bells and whistles and "complex" AI routines and behaviors and radiant boring quests felt the least alive out of all TES games except for the handheld titles maybe. Morrowind with forever standing still NPCs had more life in it then Skyrim and Fallout 4 combined. Exploration and reward have been gone from Bethesda games for more then 10 years now. Sandbox games where exploration is pointless is just... weird. Also level design has started to lack more and more. Then again what can their level designers do with Skyrim... not much. Blackreach was the most interesting place in vanilla... with 3 quests.

Also as far as I recall one of the the clowns running the s***shot said they basically don't want to be the company known for only making TES/Fallout. Creative people need to express their creativity blah blah blah. They made 2 Fallout games.... If TES had no mods.... Bethesda would have been forgotten and gone by now.

User Info: marrax

marrax
4 months ago#9
HiSaZuL posted...
AhhahahHAWhahahaahhaha
ha... ha...
Wait...
You are serious?
Cpn Picard do the honors. Do it hard.

Let's see. Their engine after Morrowind has been an absolute pile of s***. They have been one of the laziest developers for more then a decade by now, not asian lazy level like PWE or ugh Ubi but lazy to the point of it being ridiculous. Same bugs... 15 years in a row doesn't say much. Skyrim has been... sold as new game how many f***ing times by now? and it is still barely holding together on its own.

TES games since about 2/3 have been consistently dumbed down. Blame what ever you want, makes no difference because the end result is still the same dumbed down games. Fallout 4... lacks towns... because.... reasons! oh right settlements... make your own, with utter garbage for tools and absolute atrocity for mechanics. Yay! By the way it's heading... magic will likely be gone from TES6. Enchanting will be reduced to... making your boxers glow with different colors or increase health. Doubt there will be more stats then health.

Horse armor dlc? Check.
Completely broken on release and requiring modding without tools to progress through main story? There was Skyrim and Esberns door.... just to name one.

Paid mods? Going for second attempt now with their dickhead club.

Dishonored 2 first ... months ----USER---- reviews were in basically dumpster and for a good reason.

Calling Oblivion their strong days is just insulting. That was the absolute worst TES title. First iteration of their new engine, broken and still is. Hideous as all hell npcs, worse then battlespire. Protagonist was.... not the center point.... Main story was presented like s***. Faction storylines were mostly presented like s*** too. DB at least had great voice acting and some fun parts but not that much better then fighters guild. Shivering Isles was a breath of fresh air... but still part of a giant turd with horse armor dlc.

Shady tactics is the only thing they do these days. How many more times are they going to resell Skyrim exactly?

And yes I liked Skyrim well enough and I "liked" Fallout 4 well enough too... except I despised the main features that took 30+% of the content. Bethesda worlds have been lifeless for a while now. Fallout 4 was basically baren, Skyrim despite all the bells and whistles and "complex" AI routines and behaviors and radiant boring quests felt the least alive out of all TES games except for the handheld titles maybe. Morrowind with forever standing still NPCs had more life in it then Skyrim and Fallout 4 combined. Exploration and reward have been gone from Bethesda games for more then 10 years now. Sandbox games where exploration is pointless is just... weird. Also level design has started to lack more and more. Then again what can their level designers do with Skyrim... not much. Blackreach was the most interesting place in vanilla... with 3 quests.

Also as far as I recall one of the the clowns running the s***shot said they basically don't want to be the company known for only making TES/Fallout. Creative people need to express their creativity blah blah blah. They made 2 Fallout games.... If TES had no mods.... Bethesda would have been forgotten and gone by now.

And yet after Oblivion, you still paid money to Bethesda for their games.

You talk about dumbing down... you know what I don't miss about Oblivion? Having to keep track of my skills on a piece of paper to make sure I got +5 in 3 attributes when I leveled up, and having to NOT "tag" my primary skills as Major skills because that would totally nerf my character at higher levels. If what they did in Skyrim is dumbing down, I'm all for it.

All the complaints about "paid mods" and Creation Club - what is Creation Club but Horse Armor x 1000? And guess what, it's still 100% optional. Vote with your wallets, don't buy it.
i7-2600 @ 3.40GHz | 8Gb DDR3 | Gigabyte GTX1060 OC 6Gb | Win10 Pro

User Info: bshwalker

bshwalker
4 months ago#10
This is why I won’t be buying anymore TES games.
Being called nostalgic is a compliment. Thanks for noticing!
~C.O.I.~
  1. Boards
  2. The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
  3. I'm not very optimistic about TES 6.

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived