How could this game still be on first position from gamefaqs ranking?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
  3. How could this game still be on first position from gamefaqs ranking?

User Info: skimmedgreentea

skimmedgreentea
4 months ago#1
Yeah mods , but damn this game maintains his position since 2011 (even GTA V isn't in top 10 rankings)

User Info: Darksteel

Darksteel
4 months ago#2
NUDE mods
Strong people are harder to kill than weak people, and more useful in general -Mark Rippetoe

User Info: skimmedgreentea

skimmedgreentea
4 months ago#3
Darksteel posted...
NUDE mods

but it's 3d rendered animation..... why would people be attracted to that

User Info: Link_2666

Link_2666
4 months ago#4
Also the PS4 and XB1 re-release might have something to do with it. Plus all the die hard TES main series fans have nowhere else to go :P
PSN: ShadowShockX. XBL: Ace0fSpades52
Currently playing: Super Metroid (Wii U VC/SNES), The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds (3DS)

User Info: ValiantKnight

ValiantKnight
4 months ago#5
Link_2666 posted...
Also the PS4 and XB1 re-release might have something to do with it. Plus all the die hard TES main series fans have nowhere else to go :P

This, also the modding community kind of went crazy for skyrim.
However it has been re-released quite a few times and it seems to inject new life into the game with each new remaster, DLC, new platform....

Initial release on PC/Xbox/PS
DLC #1, #2, and #3
Legendary edition with new difficulty and a few additions
Special edition with updated graphics
Nintendo Switch
VR
Mods...

If we just keep re-releasing a popular game with a few modifications every year or two for every console....

User Info: gtomanga

gtomanga
4 months ago#6
skimmedgreentea posted...
Darksteel posted...
NUDE mods

but it's 3d rendered animation..... why would people be attracted to that

nude/adult/romance system mod=make your own story
and see the aftermath....depand on your mods

also I turned my skyrim into a turn base jrpg game.......
Ys,megaman,harvest moon,sly cooper,rune factory,shin megami tensei,growlanser,superman,bomberman,shump,sonic fan

User Info: Evil_Geoff

Evil_Geoff
4 months ago#7
Why is Skyrim at the top?

Because at this point, it's a very solid game. With the Unofficial Patches, it's pretty stable. With the HUGE number of mods available, the replay value is amazing. You can utterly change the look and feel of the game. Want to live through a hardcore medieval fantasy survival slog where you have to worry about dying from exposure, starving to death, getting dehydrated, not getting enough sleep, having that food that you have get moldy and disease ridden? There are mods for that. Want to recreate your favorite anime' series and have your waifu running around in game? There are mods for that. Want to run a brothel and live out your fave fanservice harem fantasy? There are mods for that. Want to have godly powers? There are mods for that. Want to have astounding magic or realistic armor and weapons? Yep, there are mods for that.

Graphically, even as old as it is, vanilla Skyrim is still pretty fricking awesome to wander around in. With the various ENB's and texture mods, it's a beautiful game world to play in that looks the way _YOU_ want it to look. With Falskaar, Moonpath to Elsweyr, Bruma and similar mods you can add new lands and other worlds to explore. And Enderal makes Skyrim over into an entirely new game.

Why is Skyrim at the top? Because even if you play the vanilla game through 2 - 3 times with different character types and treating people differently, from saintly good to daedricly evil, to hardcore mercenary, once you start adding mods on the game you never have to have the same experience twice. I've got well over 1000 hours logged, and I'm not bored with the game. Most games, 2 play throughs and I'm done because there's so little replay value, until I wait a year or so and come back to it.

That's why Skyrim stays at the top.
Hah! You kids these days got it easy. I started playing video games with PONG. Now THAT was a video game! And get off my lawn!

User Info: akaPlumcrazy

akaPlumcrazy
4 months ago#8
The only reason I do not play it as much now is bcz ESO I play it pretty much every day a bit and play as if it were a single player game. I never group except the 2 dailies arena and folly and really just do them now bcz they are fun I have 5 or more of each of the motifs they drop have done a bit in clockworks but have not really got into that DLC.
It is better to be judged by 12 then be carried by 6 ....

User Info: bshwalker

bshwalker
4 months ago#9
Create your own game, basically.
I would imagine if given the choice, a lot of gamers would rather play a game they can create rather than one created for them.
I sure do.
Being called nostalgic is a compliment. Thanks for noticing!
~C.O.I.~

User Info: FuzzyJello

FuzzyJello
4 months ago#10
...and yet how much of that changes the fact that all that freedom vanishes the moment you want to do something besides killing people or picking flowers?

That's actually a question; just a bit hard to sell Skyrim as anything you want it to be when its just as combat-crazed as most of the medium.
  1. Boards
  2. The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
  3. How could this game still be on first position from gamefaqs ranking?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived