• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
  3. Anyone using nexus mod manager have this problem?

User Info: Sk8terM

Sk8terM
5 years ago#1
I'm running windows 8 and whenever I try to download a mod using the download with mod manager it trys to tell me to look for an app in the microsoft store that can open this file. I could figure out how to instal these mods manually but I'd really rather use the mod manager. Also using IE. Anyone else have this problem before?
Currently studying at the college of wumbology

User Info: Mynachran

Mynachran
5 years ago#2
Never had that problem. I'd suggest using Mod Organiser, or Wyre Bash instead. They might work better for you.

User Info: Tai_Le_Ree

Tai_Le_Ree
5 years ago#3
Ok, when you're doing anything on the internet and you're having problems and you have IE.
Try using literally anything but IE, I suggest google chrome because it requires the least set up. Be sure to install adblock plus too.
I'm not an expert on temporal metaphysics... BUT.
~Tai

Sk8terM
5 years ago#4
Well I mean I feel like it isn't IE causing the problem but windows 8 doing it because on my old computer that used IE the mod manager button worked fine. My computer won't recognize the mod manager is the problem. Just wasnt sure if it was a setting in IE or something I needed to change

User Info: mooninomics

mooninomics
5 years ago#5
Make sure that the mod manager is set as the default program to open .nxm files/urls. Go to the 'File Associations' section in Windows 8 (searching for it from Start is probably the fastest way) and open Settings. Change the file type association for .nxm files to the Nexus Mod Manager if it isn't already set.

I think you can also do this by running Nexus Mod Manager as administrator and going to settings to make sure the .NXM box is checked. I think it takes care of the rest from there.

Barring that, I'd say try a different web browser. Then again, I suggest trying a different web browser just for the hell of it.

Edit: Oh, and Windows 8 has two versions of IE on it. One is the normal version, one is a much more stripped-down version capable of running on mobile devices. Couldn't hurt to make sure you're not running the stripped-down version. Where is your address bar when you open IE? Top or bottom of the screen?
Life is too short.

User Info: Nenina

Nenina
5 years ago#6
The things you want to say mods 100% was wrong and can make to play game more stable. Mods has never in all of game stability and proof and other displays. I publish the fact that you can not so arguing suck and live like that. Of course it could enrage people like you as I know many people than to try to besmirch and irritate me, but it is very difficult.

I do not believe that you people who mod can make the facts, but in each individual subject, and where it was listed the fubar in question, the forum reply to mod crash completely negate and other problems, all those who have responded with using crashing mods. There are not a few, but every single one of you.

No debate here at all. This forum is full of people who repeatedly post the repetitive thing. Do you have Multiple Organ Dysfunction, now your game is broken. Articles on these people who complain, then be broken with mods, because their games are accusing anyone, say your theme responds to keep back the same thing in each subject.

If this forum is patriotic and then the suck theme will not be here, and all those who posted these topics will not be here to break their game.

The moderator shill wants to delete this post is trying to claim that it paid spent fueling speculation. It is true that I am knowledgeable, extremely well versed in it, where you want to say it's not true. And wanted to say that I don't know what I'm talking about... You want to call it flower because paid bid up high, to just delete stuff, there is no reason.

Warned you, if something has gone wrong with your game you will have only themselves to blame.

User Info: Korous

Korous
5 years ago#7
Run as administrator and it should work fine. When I first used NMM I had the same problem.

Sk8terM
5 years ago#8
Nenina posted...
The things you want to say mods 100% was wrong and can make to play game more stable. Mods has never in all of game stability and proof and other displays. I publish the fact that you can not so arguing suck and live like that. Of course it could enrage people like you as I know many people than to try to besmirch and irritate me, but it is very difficult.

I do not believe that you people who mod can make the facts, but in each individual subject, and where it was listed the fubar in question, the forum reply to mod crash completely negate and other problems, all those who have responded with using crashing mods. There are not a few, but every single one of you.

No debate here at all. This forum is full of people who repeatedly post the repetitive thing. Do you have Multiple Organ Dysfunction, now your game is broken. Articles on these people who complain, then be broken with mods, because their games are accusing anyone, say your theme responds to keep back the same thing in each subject.

If this forum is patriotic and then the suck theme will not be here, and all those who posted these topics will not be here to break their game.

The moderator shill wants to delete this post is trying to claim that it paid spent fueling speculation. It is true that I am knowledgeable, extremely well versed in it, where you want to say it's not true. And wanted to say that I don't know what I'm talking about... You want to call it flower because paid bid up high, to just delete stuff, there is no reason.

Warned you, if something has gone wrong with your game you will have only themselves to blame.

Uhm thank you? I'm sorry but half of that made no sense and I'm aware mods can mess a game up. I've modded games before so I'm not new to it. Thanks for your concern I think?

Sk8terM
5 years ago#9
Thanks for the tips though to everyone who replied. Going to try and run it as admin tomorrow sometime. Also to the question of which version of IE am I using, it's the actual computer version. Address bar is on top. I wasn't even aware they had the mobile version on windows 8. Thanks for the tips though. If running as admin and changing that one setting doesn't work I'll try a different browser
  1. Boards
  2. The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
  3. Anyone using nexus mod manager have this problem?
  • Topic Archived