• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
  3. ENB crashes with Win 8.1.

User Info: gakerty

gakerty
5 years ago#1
Greetings. I've recently finished a new computer build and have reinstalled Skyrim from disc in eager anticipation. Bummer is that I can't run ENB... AT ALL. My old build on Win 7, had the same GTX 760 card and ran ENB with the Realvision presets without issues. Skyrim will crash almost immediately, even before the main menu. I can run the game without ENB (by removing the d3d9.dll file from the directory), so it's not a mod order issue. I've tried older ENB (e.g. 0.236) with the matching Realvision presets, but it still crashes. Any ideas? I miss my eye candy!

My system, which is not currently overclocked (CPU nor GPU)

I7-4770K
Win 64 bit 8.1
Asus Maximus VI Hero
EVGA GTX 760 4 gig with the latest beta driver. Older drivers crash Skyrim with ENB as well.
16 gig 1866mhz Ram

I have the Legendary Edition installed.

User Info: Tai_Le_Ree

Tai_Le_Ree
5 years ago#2
Just fyi with that motherboard you're probably overcocked to 3.9 by default, run cpu-z and prime 95 at the same time to see for yourself.

Anyways right click TESV.exe and choose its properties, and select run in compatibility mode, and run it in windows 7 compatibility.
...will ban me if I go into explicit extremely hot and kinky detail.
~Tai

User Info: myztikrice

myztikrice
5 years ago#3
Why would he run it in compatibility mode? The executable works just fine with Windows 8 and 8.1. You need to turn off any third party monitoring programs and things such as Razer.
Why are you always smiling?
'Cause it's all so f***in' hysterical.

User Info: 1111110011000

5 years ago#4
Try using the injector version of ENB rather than the wrapper version. This can sometimes correct CTD at load issues.

Hope that helps
"What do you think this is? Some kind of joke? Gimme' ten Big Macs and a small Diet Coke" - MC 900 FT Jesus

gakerty
5 years ago#5
Thanks. I will try the injector version and will report back. I don't have any 3rd party software or processes running that would interfere with ENB. Playing last night with maxed out non ENB settings and high textures (with Climates of T and RLO) it looked good, but I did miss the "vibrancy" ENB provides. Now I just have to finish the work day to wait to play Skyrim...

gakerty
5 years ago#6
Late reply here. Using the ENB injector instead of wrapper worked perfectly. I am up and running with Realvision ENB. Looks beautiful. Thanks for your help.

User Info: 1111110011000

5 years ago#7
Nice!
"What do you think this is? Some kind of joke? Gimme' ten Big Macs and a small Diet Coke" - MC 900 FT Jesus
  1. Boards
  2. The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
  3. ENB crashes with Win 8.1.
  • Topic Archived