• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
  3. would deleting Skyrim and redownloading it clear all the mods in NMM?

User Info: Tyranthraxus

Tyranthraxus
6 years ago#1
nt.
"The easiest way to stop piracy is ... by giving those people a service that's better than what they're receiving from the pirates." ~ Gabe Newell.

User Info: cpg2

cpg2
6 years ago#2
I think you have to manually uninstall/reinstall all the NMM mods... it's not good at noticing when a mod has been removed behind its back, unless the newest updates work differently than in the past.

User Info: Gazirra

Gazirra
6 years ago#3
What you may need to do is delete the leftover directory after Skyrim is uninstalled. Then, when it's re-installed, if you keep the NMM directories intact, you can simply re-run NMM and it'll keep your old mods intact.

When NMM reads your mods, they are in RAR or 7ZIP (or similar) format in the NMM directory. This also lets you back up your mod load or make your own compressed mod files

User Info: simsamsalabim

simsamsalabim
6 years ago#4
Using "delete local files' from steam I believe leaves the non-original files in the skyrim directory in tact, so you may have to manually delete what is left of the data folder afterwards. The mod files themselves would still be on your computer, they aren't stored in the skyrim folder. After reinstalling the game, you would have to open up NMM and tell it to install all of the mods again. You may have to delete NMM's load order files first. (everything in c:/games/nexus mod manager/skyrim/install info)

User Info: 82xeno

82xeno
6 years ago#5
http://wiki.step-project.com/Guide:Make_Skyrim_Vanilla_Again

This is what I used, I deleted the mods from NMM as well. (Adjust accordingly if you have new DLC in there, like dragonborn or the third official texture pack).

Once this is done, and you thoroughly tested vanilla, and verified all the files through Steam, make a backup through Steam so you don't have to be bothered by downloading.

I used this process to move the game from my 2 TB HD to an SSD and it worked fine, the only downloading was getting my mods back through NMM. Luckily I only had about 15-20.
GOP - "Obama believes in redistribution of wealth".
So do you - http://www.epi.org/publication/ib330-productivity-vs-compensation/

User Info: AKFrost

AKFrost
6 years ago#6
to clear all the mods in the NMM, click "open NMM's install info folder" and then delete all the folders/files within.
Terrible weather at 12am.

User Info: simsamsalabim

simsamsalabim
6 years ago#7
I'm guessing he's asking because he DOESN'T want to clear the mods out when reinstalling the game. Kinda hard to say though, it's a rather ambiguous question. He's asking because he either wants it to happen, or avoid it happening.

User Info: cpg2

cpg2
6 years ago#8
New version of NMM has an "Uninstall all mods" option, so that will clear everything out and show them as uninstalled.

Won't delete them or anything, will just make it so you can re-install them again once you've cleared out your skyrim folder for whatever reason you want.

User Info: Tai_Le_Ree

Tai_Le_Ree
6 years ago#9
go into your data folder and delete everything but the dlc esms and bsa, the skyrim - textures.bsa and things like it and the skyrim.esm and update.esm
Next delete everything in the base folder except the data folder and TESV.exe
Delete your skyrim folder in documents/games
Now verify the game catche, instead of a big download it will be a small one.
Oh you're straight? So is spaghetti until it gets hot.
  1. Boards
  2. The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
  3. would deleting Skyrim and redownloading it clear all the mods in NMM?
  • Topic Archived