• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
  3. Curing Serana (spoilers)

User Info: disappearing11

disappearing11
9 years ago#1
I've completed the Dawnguard questline and the option to ask Serana about curing her vampirism appears, but none of the three dialogue options lead to her agreeing to be cured: "Sorry, I'll drop it" and "It matters to me" don't lead anywhere, while "I shouldn't have brought it up" ends the conversation and option to broach the topic again. The order of selecting options doesn't matter either except for the one that ends it. So, what am I missing?

User Info: whatmustido

whatmustido
9 years ago#2
There's an option during a conversation you can have with her during the questline that if you pick it, you won't be able to cure her. You can find out more here: http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Skyrim:Serana

User Info: Jolteon

Jolteon
9 years ago#3
As I understand it, broaching the question too soon will permanently turn her off the idea, and you won't be able to convince her later on. I'm guessing you probably just jumped the gun.
Is this finally a conundrum that CAN'T be solved by helicopter theft?

User Info: ManiusPrime

ManiusPrime
9 years ago#4
I wish you could marry her. I know they figured that people would use their older save files, but I really like Serana.
Manius
Imperator

User Info: Jolteon

Jolteon
9 years ago#5
I wish you could marry her. I know they figured that people would use their older save files, but I really like Serana.

I definitely agree with this. It's not just that the vast majority of the existing options range from bland to ugly, AND that they all suffer from a huge lack of personality, but so many of Serana's lines are practically crying out for the option. When she's not talking about loneliness, she's usually bringing up how grateful and happy she is to be traveling with you, and you have a fairly robust (relatively speaking) range of options for bonding with her and fleshing out your own personal backstory in a way that you really don't get the opportunity to do with any of the other options, either. I married Sylgja (almost solely on the basis of looks), but if Serana were an option...

It's like they wrote her with the option clearly in mind, but then just randomly decided against it.
Is this finally a conundrum that CAN'T be solved by helicopter theft?

disappearing11
9 years ago#6
whatmustido posted...
There's an option during a conversation you can have with her during the questline that if you pick it, you won't be able to cure her. You can find out more here: http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Skyrim:Serana

Jolteon posted...
As I understand it, broaching the question too soon will permanently turn her off the idea, and you won't be able to convince her later on. I'm guessing you probably just jumped the gun.

From the wiki link: "if you ask her if she has ever thought about getting cured, she will refer to her condition as a gift and state that she will never seek a cure for it. Should she say this, you can still ask her to seek a cure after her father has been defeated, but she will refuse and then refuse to speak to you about it further should you ask again."

That's what did it. I hate that they put that in so early in the questline, especially if you go into it with the idea of ultimately curing her because the necessary dialogue choices are counter-intuitive, and I definitely don't want to go that far back to fix it. But oh well. Thanks for the info.

disappearing11
9 years ago#7
Jolteon posted...
I definitely agree with this. It's not just that the vast majority of the existing options range from bland to ugly, AND that they all suffer from a huge lack of personality, but so many of Serana's lines are practically crying out for the option. When she's not talking about loneliness, she's usually bringing up how grateful and happy she is to be traveling with you, and you have a fairly robust (relatively speaking) range of options for bonding with her and fleshing out your own personal backstory in a way that you really don't get the opportunity to do with any of the other options, either. I married Sylgja (almost solely on the basis of looks), but if Serana were an option...

It's like they wrote her with the option clearly in mind, but then just randomly decided against it.

They either planned on it being an option or just put it out there as a big tease. Regardless, to make it completely unavailable doesn't really make any sense.

User Info: GhostlyCrow

GhostlyCrow
9 years ago#8
lol at the spoiler being in the topic title
Whichever mod delete my posts [...] is pretty smug for a volunteer. He probably tells girls that he's a gamefaqs moderator ~ Drunk_Quid

disappearing11
9 years ago#9
GhostlyCrow posted...
lol at the spoiler being in the topic title

Just covering my bases. People are picky over these things.

User Info: IqarP15

IqarP15
9 years ago#10
well she is what over 200-300 years old plus human so if she did get cured she would immediately die from old age.
"SPOILERS"... If ppl call me a douche bag I reply "Well at least I'm scoring!"
  1. Boards
  2. The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
  3. Curing Serana (spoilers)
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Q&A