• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
  3. What happens to Nexus Mod Manager when I uninstall Skyrim?

User Info: MrMonkhouse

MrMonkhouse
6 years ago#1
Okay I'm trying to figure out whats causing Skyrim to crash to desktop. I already tried deactiviating my mods and deleting all SKSE files, but it still crashes to desktop on startup. So now I want to try and uninstall and reinstall the game, but what happens to Nexus Mod Manager and my mods? Do I have to redownload them again?

User Info: thebladeofwoe

thebladeofwoe
6 years ago#2
the people of the world start dancing and singing (also fapping) to justin bieber the moment you delete skse

ahhhhh bieber.......
--- Playing: GRAW2, mass effect, assassin's creed, and dead space and skyrim also CS:GO beta and COD4

User Info: MrMonkhouse

MrMonkhouse
6 years ago#3
I did delete SKSE already.

Serious responses please.

User Info: Kroguys

Kroguys
6 years ago#4
Your mods are in a different folder by default. Unless you have changed that, they will be there after game reinstallation. But you need to deactivate all the mods in NMM before uninstalling the game. And need to reinstall the mods exactly as before for your old saves to work.

User Info: Naberu

Naberu
6 years ago#5
I think Nexus Mod Manager has the 'Disable All Plugin' button at the Plugin section. The X button one. Use that before you uninstall your game.
"Is she blood-related? If not, j-j-jam it in! If so, meh...j-j-jam it in anyways!"

User Info: goose_jediknigh

goose_jediknigh
6 years ago#6
Try deleting your .ini files. If those become corrupt, then Skyrim will CTD when you are trying to launch. Skyrim will make new default ones next time you try to launch through the normal launcher. Or verify the game cache with Steam.

User Info: goose_jediknigh

goose_jediknigh
6 years ago#7
I should qualify my last post by saying I had the same problem, and uninstalling/reinstalling did not fix it. Nothing worked until I deleted those preference .ini files.
  1. Boards
  2. The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
  3. What happens to Nexus Mod Manager when I uninstall Skyrim?
  • Topic Archived