• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
  3. So if Lydia Dies That's It??

User Info: BBBanks03

BBBanks03
9 years ago#1
So Lydia died with me while in combat (translation: I accidentally killed her... the dumb broad walked right into my fireball!!) and so I tried to get her back. Thing is, I don't know where she is. Is that it for her?? One simple mistake and she's gone for good?? That hardly seems fair, and if not, where is she??

Last question: are there any other companions I can pick up right away, that don't require an involved quest? I know there's that one guy you can get at an inn in... Riften I believe, but he's a mage, and I am as well, so I'd prefer someone more melee oriented.
"One time she told me, the sky is blue because we live inside the eye of a blue-eyed giant named 'Macumba.'"
"...Maybe we do"

User Info: jcmason

jcmason
9 years ago#2
Well if you find her body you can console resurrect her. As for other companions I've stuck with Faendal who you can pick up in the town of Riverwood (the first village you visit after getting through the intro.) He's a good archer and one-handed combat companion. Faendal's quest is really easy, he just asks you to give a letter to the woman in the house 30 feet away from where he stands.
http://www.spacepiratesandzombies.com/
i7-2600K|MSI Z68A-GD80|1GB GTX 460 x2|8GB DDR3 @1600MHz|Corsair Graphite Series 600T White

User Info: DarkZala

DarkZala
9 years ago#3
Lydia decided to get in front of a lightning storm whilst battling the undead. She's gone and im unphased. Companions are something i don't really care for anyway.
Official <magic pot> of Final Fantasy boards.
"Feed me ELIXIR"

User Info: RGN07

RGN07
9 years ago#4
TC, if she dies, she dies. Unless you want to resurrect her each and every time via cheats.

User Info: gadragod

gadragod
9 years ago#5

If you can find her, and want to keep her, hit the ~ (tilda) key, click her body, and type "resurrect" without the parenthesis. Then, if I were you, save the game and head over to skyrimnexus, find the companion category under files, download the essential companions mod, install and never have to worry about her developmentally disabled ass again.

User Info: BlueswordsX

BlueswordsX
9 years ago#6
People die if they are actually killed. You'll need to cheat to bring her back. However she's also often bugged/programed to lose her entire inventory even with the usual inventory-intact code.
Touhou is love. Welcome to Gensokyo!

User Info: NewMoonShadow

NewMoonShadow
9 years ago#7
Last question: are there any other companions I can pick up right away, that don't require an involved quest? I know there's that one guy you can get at an inn in... Riften I believe, but he's a mage, and I am as well, so I'd prefer someone more melee oriented.

To actually answer this question, you can get Uthgard the Unbroken in Whiterun simply by beating her in a boxing match right there in the pub. Or there's a dark elf in the "Drunken Huntsman" you can hire simply by paying her 500 Gold.

User Info: Ninogerrits

Ninogerrits
9 years ago#8
You'll have to cheat to get her back, but it's possible. First, its handy if you teleport her corpse to you, and then you can resurrect her.

1. open console
2. type: prid 000A2C94
3. type: moveto player
4. type: resurrect

And then she will be standing alive in front of you. Hope this will help!

For your second question, in almost all of the big city's there is a follower for hire in the inn, such as the one you found in Riften.

User Info: A_dsouz

A_dsouz
9 years ago#9
There's also a dude for hire at the Bee and the Barb. You need 500 to get him.

User Info: vklomskule

vklomskule
9 years ago#10
Save more often.
Here, I thought we were friends. And now, you have a gun in my face.
I have to kill fast, and bullets too slow.
  1. Boards
  2. The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
  3. So if Lydia Dies That's It??
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Q&A