• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
  3. Discovered a bounty glitch (huge bounty for no reason)
krazyninjaman3 2 months ago#1
If you go killing townsfolk, then reload the save; sometimes the Bounty from previous sticks to your character permenantly.

The guards of the hold won't attack you or try to arrest you (say in Whiterun for example); but if you commit a crime (say, steal a sweet roll from a vendor for example), your bounty of 15,360 will rest to 1 (or 1000 depending on your current actual crime).

Has anyone else experienced this?
Olld-Onne 2 months ago#2
Reloading a save means cache data carries over. It will likely clear up once you quit the game to dashboard as that will reset the cache. Unless you save after of course. This is how my werewolf contracted that ( bone breaker I think ) disease from a sabre cat due to loading a save from another character that had the disease already.
you haven't set a signature for the message boards yet!
(edited 2 months ago)
Yamatros 4 weeks ago#3
Cache Data glitches is oddly fun when it occurs… I’m always worried it’s going to break my game though.
Weirdest thing I’ve seen happen is someone manipulating the horse physics, unmounting the horse, loading a different save and that loaded files character flying forward at the speed of light. Only in Skyrim.
"Insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different result" - Einstein
"Just one more time" - Every Videogamer Ever
  1. Boards
  2. The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
  3. Discovered a bounty glitch (huge bounty for no reason)
  • Post New Message

GameFAQs Q&A