• Topic Closed
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
FinalFLuver 2 months ago#1
Do all 1 handed weapons have the same attack range/reach?

I was swinging my mace at a soldier and he was swinging his sword at me, yet he was hitting me and i was missing him?

We were at the same elevation, and there was no obstacles. Neither of us moved forwards so we kept the same distance. So does this mean 1h swords have slightly longer reach than 1h maces?

What about 1h axes?
Girls play video games too you know ;)
(edited 2 months ago)
Lord Heimdall 2 months ago#2
According to UESP all one hand weapons (except daggers) have a base 1 range. Daggers have a 0.7 range, while two handers have a 1.3 range.

https://en.m.uesp.net/wiki/Skyrim:Weapons
Currently Playing: Elder Scrolls Online [PS4].
Trusting in someone is awesome. Relying on someone is awful.
c_s_tadsen 2 months ago#3
The soldier may have been using Power Attacks. They have different animations, and so may have slightly different ranges than a Normal Attack.
<(0.0<) <(0.0)^ ^(0.0)^ ^(0.0)> (>0.0)>==============O
"Kirby... Ka... Me... Ha... Me... HAAAAA!!!!!!"
FinalFLuver 2 months ago#4
Thx for the info guys
Girls play video games too you know ;)
Lord Heimdall 2 months ago#5
c_s_tadsen posted...
The soldier may have been using Power Attacks. They have different animations, and so may have slightly different ranges than a Normal Attack.

That's possible. Besides, if you're ever suffering a killcam blow be wary as they also seem to have unexpected range.
Olld-Onne 2 months ago#6
Lord Heimdall posted...
That's possible. Besides, if you're ever suffering a killcam blow be wary as they also seem to have unexpected range.
Unexpected?, they are scripted to happen once triggered on the next available hit and may track you up to further away than you think possible. I had an Orc Bandit Chief slide over from half a dungeon room away to killcam my character. It was like playing Skyrim chess or something lol.

As for weapon ranges I'm not sure they all have the same hitbox. Swords seem to reach further than axes and maces in my experience. Also enemy hitboxes are generally larger than yours and track at times. Fun.
you haven't set a signature for the message boards yet!
(edited 2 months ago)
Lord Heimdall 2 months ago#7
Olld-Onne posted...
I had an Orc Bandit Chief slide over from half a dungeon room away to killcam my character.

That's what I usually qualify as unexpected, lol.
  • Topic Closed

GameFAQs Q&A