• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
This topic contains spoilers - you can click, tap, or highlight to reveal them
  1. Boards
  2. The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
  3. Moving Mannequin Mystery Explained

User Info: sconekiller

sconekiller
5 years ago#1
they got souls! i found one in the soul cairn, near where you find the 9th page of Jiub's manifesto. Of course, it could have gotten there via Morvon's Moving Van, but i'm more inclined to believe it had a soul and somebody (you know who you are) soul-trapped it while mucking around their mansion

so apparently they are sentient beings, and that's why they sometimes move around in your house. now that you know that, you'll have to be more careful about what you say and do around them
damn my tiny thoughts, if only i were wiser!

User Info: IamI3rian

IamI3rian
5 years ago#2
I remembered something I read a while back. Apparently the mannequins are NPCs, with a simple script that tells them to stand in place. Supposedly when loading the house (cell), they'll move like ordinary NPCs if their script isn't loaded / applied quickly enough. Now this is all from memory, so can't be too certain how accurate that is.

From: http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/615803-the-elder-scrolls-v-skyrim/65664105

Assuming he's correct, it actually explains things. = )

I'm gonna paralyze one and see what happens.
Remember: IamI3rian told ya.
Little pig, little pig let me in!

User Info: DovaThane

DovaThane
5 years ago#3
On my last cruise through the Soul Cairn, I noticed silhouettes or black NPC figures hovering just above and beside some of the giant soul gems as I approached. They didn't last very long and after several seconds they were gone. Weird but then again, it is a weird place. Related to the mannequins somehow?

I thought it might be a manifestation of the Ideal Masters but it's most likely a bug of some sort.
"When life gives you lemons... go murder a clown." -Festus Krex

User Info: LordShogun_SAS

LordShogun_SAS
5 years ago#4
That's actually extremely creepy lol

User Info: Berdiche4

Berdiche4
5 years ago#5
That's hilarious Scone, thanks for sharing. Mystery solved!
"If you do things right, people won't be sure you've done anything at all". -Futurama Binary God

User Info: Van_Of_The_Dawn

Van_Of_The_Dawn
5 years ago#6
Someone post that creepy mannequin video from YouTube on here.
"Holler if ya need me, holler if ya need reefer, CUZ I BE BALLIN'"

User Info: Ace_43

Ace_43
5 years ago#7
Van_Of_The_Dawn posted...
Someone post that creepy mannequin video from YouTube on here.

This one? :)
http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=XA2gTFxrfi0
PSN:polamalublitz43

User Info: Goku61394

Goku61394
5 years ago#8
IamI3rian posted...
I remembered something I read a while back. Apparently the mannequins are NPCs, with a simple script that tells them to stand in place. Supposedly when loading the house (cell), they'll move like ordinary NPCs if their script isn't loaded / applied quickly enough. Now this is all from memory, so can't be too certain how accurate that is.

From: http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/615803-the-elder-scrolls-v-skyrim/65664105

Assuming he's correct, it actually explains things. = )

I'm gonna paralyze one and see what happens.

You try paralyzing one yet?
What is Zapdos? Please don't spoil the game for me cuz I never completed the main quest." halofan9912
Official Charizard of the Pokemon MMM board

User Info: Yomigaeru

Yomigaeru
5 years ago#9
I still say they're Weeping Angels...
How about a sign that just says "DON'T"? You could hit people with it.

User Info: Goku61394

Goku61394
5 years ago#10
Yomigaeru posted...
I still say they're Weeping Angels...

+100 brownie points
What is Zapdos? Please don't spoil the game for me cuz I never completed the main quest." halofan9912
Official Charizard of the Pokemon MMM board
  1. Boards
  2. The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
  3. Moving Mannequin Mystery Explained
  • Topic Archived