• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
  3. Best/Fastest way to level up early in the game. Only one button press required!
mustain2121 10 years ago#1
So I'm starting a new character and when I found myself in that room where Hadvar unties me and tells me to get some gear, I decided to do some leveling up. Most people go for one handed and destruction magic boosting, but I realized that both are very slow ways to level up and discovered an easier, much faster way to level up: sneak attacks. All you have to do is crouch behind Hadvar, wait 3 or 4 seconds then strike him with your sword. Result: automatic sneak level up. And all it took is one strike. Wait another 3 to 4 seconds, do it again, sneak goes up another level with only one strike. Keep doing this until level 35 or so when it takes about 2 sneak attacks to level up. Your overall character level will also go up much, much faster this way. You can watch a movie or whatever while remembering to press R1 or R2 (depending on where you have the sword equiped) and your character should level up pretty fast until sneaking reaches 100.

That should get your character to level 15 fast enough if you wish to obtain the Oghma Infinium very early on in the game.
PSN: mustain21
Officially Recovered from Covid19 Oct 02 2020.
Res_Ullus 10 years ago#2
Nice.
mustain2121 10 years ago#3
Just wanted to also point out that once you hit lv35 sneaking with this method, since it'll take more than one hit to get to the next level, you'll still be able to tell whether you're doing it right since a message on the top left of the screen will appear saying "sneack attack for 3.0X damage!"

I've been using this method for 10 minutes now, and my character is already lv 11 with sneak at lv 58.
ShaDowHunTer458 10 years ago#4
Thanks for the really old news.
GT: ShadowHunterSSE Shadow hide me from mine enemies that I may end them unseen!!
Lexeonify 10 years ago#5
If only this was also in the "Cheats" section... oh wait.
mustain2121 10 years ago#6
Show me where this trick is old news and on the cheats section. All it does is say enter sneak mode and level up what you need. It never said anything about waiting 3 seconds and pressing only one button for instant level up.
Lexeonify 10 years ago#7
Infinite EXP

At the beginning of the game, when your rescuer unbinds you they will not respond to attacks, you can exploit this to level archery or any combat ability on them with no consequence.

Contributed By: XenoMecha.

Not in so many words as you but same thing.
KingMaximus8250 10 years ago#8

mustain2121 posted...
Show me where this trick is old news and on the cheats section. All it does is say enter sneak mode and level up what you need. It never said anything about waiting 3 seconds and pressing only one button for instant level up.
---

Well, in that case, THANKS!!! Most of us are too stupid to figure that ourselves. You are so awesome. Let's all pitch in and get you a trophy.

king_wrecked 10 years ago#9
make sure the trophy has a little figurine of that jesus doing the thumbs-up.
DO NOT get between Worf and his prune juice.
ShaDowHunTer458 10 years ago#10
mustain2121 posted...

Old news is old news no matter how you spin it, sorry, you lose.
GT: ShadowHunterSSE Shadow hide me from mine enemies that I may end them unseen!!
  1. Boards
  2. The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
  3. Best/Fastest way to level up early in the game. Only one button press required!
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Q&A