• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
  3. How Long Does It Take To Finish Main Story Alone?

User Info: Walexandro

Walexandro
9 years ago#1
If I were to focus only on main story and ignore side quests. how long will it take me to finish the game? I spend hours on side quests already without advancing main story line at all.
I'm a Fighter, Not Too Good, But That's What I DO

User Info: Newts_Ute

Newts_Ute
9 years ago#2
If you went from quest to quest with no detours at all, about 3-4 hours. I know someone who did it at a casual pace, listened to all talking options etc, took him about 8-9

One of the QC guys speed ran it in about 2
Current trophy hunt: Darksiders 43/43 | Dragon Age Origins 24/55 (no DLC)
MHTri / MHP3rd: http://www.youtube.com/newtsute

User Info: Walexandro

Walexandro
9 years ago#3
Less than 3 hours! Even shorter than COD... I better take my time doing side quests I guess.
I'm a Fighter, Not Too Good, But That's What I DO

User Info: Bladenyte

Bladenyte
9 years ago#4
you can easily get a long playtime with this game just wandering around haveing fun exploring or doing guild quests or crafting or whatever you want.

yea the story CAN be rushed through very fast, it doesnt matter much.. my gametime for one of my files is up around 91 hours, and i still have a ton i can do
PSN ID: Riftweaver81
I cannot be caged. I cannot be controlled. Understand this as you die, ever pathetic, ever fools-Jon Irenicus BG2

User Info: MiOdd

MiOdd
9 years ago#5
If you're only concerned with finishing the main quest you're missing the point entirely.
This couch is the comfiest!

User Info: AimushaRei

AimushaRei
9 years ago#6
Yeah, side quests and exploration are where it's at for these games.
"Peter Griffin for President - Together we can beat my wife!"

User Info: fatal1_8_7

fatal1_8_7
9 years ago#7
I'm 40 hours in and still haven't finished the MQ. I get side-tracked waaaay to easy. Finished the Companions though.

Quests take me longer than average I reckon because I refuse to use fast travel (unless i'm just backtracking the exact same route, then i'll just fast travel it).
Vae Victis!

User Info: fillesverige

fillesverige
9 years ago#8
If you only do main quest maybe 4 hours... :(
Nerevar moon and star

User Info: SSJBrown85

SSJBrown85
9 years ago#9
I only did about 7 off the main quests. I did all the Companions, College of Winterhold, Thieves Guild quests. Only did two of the Dark Brotherhood quests and the Civil War also two. Man those miscellaneous quests keep coming...woowee.

User Info: Rafedx

Rafedx
9 years ago#10
Walexandro posted...
Less than 3 hours! Even shorter than COD... I better take my time doing side quests I guess.

COD is no comparison, it is one map after another, once you clear one you move on.

Skyrim gives you the main quest, then gives you a bunch of side quests and some miscellaneous quests as well. You tackle them the way you want to, also if you beat the main quest line the game is not over, just the main quest line. There are still hundreds of hours of content.

Whats call of duty got once you beat the game in less then 10 hours playtime? Play online? Yeah people can do that, but not me, or hundreds of other people. We will keep playing past the main quest line and still get like 100 hours of content in skyrim, someone COD will never be able to offer.

Then we can replay the entire game and it is completely different in many regards. You replay COD just to do the same level on a higher difficulty? The way you go about the level never changes, same thing with online.

So take 100 hours of COD and a 100 hours of Skyrim, and I know I will still be loving Skyrim while you are screaming at 12 year olds online in COD playing the same damn map you have played 500 times before. lol

I just don't like seeing COD in the same sentence as Skyrim. :p
http://www.terra-comic.com --> Terra: a Science Fiction Webcomic / Updates every Wednesday
  1. Boards
  2. The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
  3. How Long Does It Take To Finish Main Story Alone?
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Q&A