• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
zebatov 2 months ago#1
Just wondering if locks in towns reset. Found a few threads, but there was no definite information.
If the truth is bothersome, then change what's true.
ErikoChristy 2 months ago#2
As in reset back to being locked, to the best of my knowledge, yes. I do believe this also go by the owner of the house when he or she enter. An example is if you lock pick Warmaiden in White Run in the middle of the night, it should stay unlocked until Adrianne reenters and a certain amount of time is passed by.
Youtube@Amelia Chaveliar
zebatov 2 months ago#3
Okay, thank you.

And it seems you get a trespass every time you enter a place that’s locked, regardless of if anyone has seen you. That’s disappointing.
Olld-Onne 1 month ago#4
The buildings are sentient and will report any that reside inside out of correct hours. If you are trying to do a completely no crime awarded run you are in for a hell of a time. Key word Hell. :l
you haven't set a signature for the message boards yet!
DuneMan 1 month ago#5
Yeah. Even in cases where the occupants are dead the associated place is still flagged as trespassing and taking items is a crime.

The other thing of note about locks is that you only get experience the first time you pick a given lock. After that you don't get any. So, in my case, playing Anniversary Edition, I'll use Fenrik's Welcome on repeat visits to a location just to speed through the locks.
"I'd rather betray the world than let the world betray me." -Cao Cao
zebatov 1 month ago#6
Fenrik’s Welcome exists in Skyrim now? Is it the same as it was in Oblivion?
LOOOPS 1 month ago#7
zebatov posted...
Fenrik’s Welcome exists in Skyrim now? Is it the same as it was in Oblivion?

It's part of the Arcane Accessories creation.

https://en.uesp.net/wiki/Skyrim:Fenrik%27s_Welcome
Shoot first, think never.
FC: 3669-3715-9081
zebatov 1 month ago#8
Oh nice. Does that one disable achievements?
DuneMan 1 month ago#9
No, it's treated as official content.
"I'd rather betray the world than let the world betray me." -Cao Cao
zebatov 1 month ago#10
That’s great news. Now if I could just get the CC to work properly. Keeps crashing when I try to open it.
  • Post New Message

GameFAQs Q&A