• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
  3. Anyone Know of Any Missable Items?
zebatov 2 months ago#1
I know you can miss a heavy armour skill book if you have Dawnguard installed, because they destroy the building that it’s in. Does anyone know of any others or have a list of missable items or equipment?
If the truth is bothersome, then change what's true.
Sage5 2 months ago#2
For the base game (DLCs items not covered), read ALL posts here:
https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/xbox360/615803-the-elder-scrolls-v-skyrim/answers/565678-what-weapons-armor-items-can-vanish

I didn't know at the time, but another reason that the Ebony Mail becomes unavailable is by discovering the Sacellum of Boethiah before Lv30.

Add also the Necklace of Poison Resistance/Immunity (the only way to learn that enchantment, which will also be missed, as a result).
It becomes UNOBTAINABLE (unless you have the UESP installed, which, to clarify, I personally don't recommend) at Lv20 (Lv19 is the limit).

To be precise, you get Necklace of...
...Poison Resistance: From Lv5 to Lv9 (you won't find it ever again, at Lv10);
...Diseases Resistance: From Lv10 to Lv14 (you won't find it ever again, at Lv15);
...Poison Immunity: From Lv15 to Lv19 (you won't find it ever again, at Lv20);
...Disease Immunity: From Lv20-∞

Though, some people claim to have gotten it from their spouse's shop (it works only if the spouse wasn't already a merchant before the marriage), so it might not be totally impossible to get.

Not totally impossible but still very rare: Boots of Muffling and Helmet of Waterbreathing.
Buy them immediately, if you see one (I spotted one of each at Lv251 only once, after hours of playing).
An extreme measure would be to use the Atronach Forge (Deadric armor with random enchantment formula) to forcefully get them, but the RNG is a though opponent.
(edited 2 months ago)
zebatov 2 months ago#3
@Sage5

Okay thank you. I actually didn’t know the poison immunity necklace even existed. I do remember coming across the disease immunity one.

They can be disenchanted to make your own, if you want?

I haven’t played into Hearthfire much... how does your spouse get a shop if they weren’t already a merchant?
(edited 2 months ago)
Sage5 2 months ago#4
zebatov posted...
@Sage5

Okay thank you. I actually didn’t know the poison immunity necklace even existed. I do remember coming across the disease immunity one.

They can be disenchanted to make your own, if you want?

I haven’t played into Hearthfire much... how does your spouse get a shop if they weren’t already a merchant?
Yeah, the Disease Immunity one is the one that you'll see for basically the entire game, since it's the only one that'll appear, once you reach Lv20.
Yes, they can be disenchanted and that's the ONLY way to get that enchantment so... thank you, Bethesda. lol

The spouse bit is part of the base game, not Heartfire.
If your spouse is not a merchant yet, they'll open a "shop" after the marriage and give you part of the earning, if you ask them.

If you ask them to move to one of your houses (wait for them to travel there, obviously) and then talk to them, they'll say something about the shop again and now one of their dialogue options would open the "shop" to you.
(Your spouse actually won't ever move from your house, btw. The "shop" is just that dialogue option.)

They need to not have been a merchant already because merchants already have their own items to sell and those items level with you, whereas "spouse shops" sell items of low value, so there is the (small) chance to find a Poison Immunity necklace there.
(edited 2 months ago)
zebatov 2 months ago#5
@Sage5
Wow, good info. Thank you so much!

So can I save/reload to reset shops to see if I can’t find these necklaces?

Also, UESP is saying that I can’t find those necklaces after level 20, not level 10. Is that page wrong?
(edited 2 months ago)
Sage5 2 months ago#6
zebatov posted...
@Sage5
Wow, good info. Thank you so much!

So can I save/reload to reset shops to see if I can’t find these necklaces?

Also, UESP is saying that I can’t find those necklaces after level 20, not level 10. Is that page wrong?
Lv10 is when Poison *Resistance* stops appearing (so 50% off the damage).
Lv20 is when Poison *Immunity* stops appeaing (so 100% of poison damage is nullified).
Either one is good for learning the enchant.

No, for the shop, the procedure is... more... uhm... interesting...
You need to check your spouse's shop, then save (sadly, in your house, which is known to cause glitches so get anything that you might have dropped off the floor and "empty" the mannaquins and the weapon racks. The most stable house is the one in Whiterun.), then you have to *punch* your spouse. lol
Now reload the save and check the shop for the necklace. If it's not there, punch them again and reload.
Repeat until you finally find the necklace.

Domestic abuse: the Bethesda™ solution to your poison-related problems. LOL

(edited 2 months ago)
zebatov 2 months ago#7
Sage5 posted...
Lv10 is when Poison *Resistance* stops appearing (so 50% off the damage).
Lv20 is when Poison *Immunity* stops appeaing (so 100% of poison damage is nullified).
Either one is good for learning the enchant.

No, for the shop, the procedure is... more... uhm... interesting...
You need to check your spouse's shop, then save (sadly, in your house, which is known to cause glitches so get anything that you might have dropped off the floor and "empty" the mannaquins and the weapon racks. The most stable house is the one in Whiterun.), then you have to *punch* your spouse. lol
Now reload the save and check the shop for the necklace. If it's not there, punch them again and reload.
Repeat until you finally find the necklace.

Domestic abuse: the Bethesda™ solution to your poison-related problems. LOL

@Sage5
Thanks! Doing the reset-shop trick with Ahkari in Dawnstar right now haha. I’ve pushed her right over to the chest with my horse so I don’t even have to move to collect/sell.

Is there a way to do it that doesn’t involve being married? I’m not currently married and wasn’t planning to yet. Any other shops I can check/reset?

Sorry if the tags are bothersome. I do it just in case people forget to check back in a thread.
(edited 2 months ago)
Sage5 2 months ago#8
zebatov posted...
@Sage5
Thanks! Doing the reset-shop trick with Ahkari in Dawnstar right now haha. I’ve pushed her right over to the chest with my horse so I don’t even have to move to collect/sell.

Is there a way to do it that doesn’t involve being married? I’m not currently married and wasn’t planning to yet. Any other shops I can check/reset?

Sorry if the tags are bothersome. I do it just in case people forget to check back in a thread.

Another method would be to pickpocket any NPC that you first saw before Lv20.
Because the content of their pockets is leveled.
So, if you visited, ex., Solitude at Lv19, the pockets of the NPCs *could potentially* have that necklace, but those items don't respawn in a character's pocket ever so it's a matter of you having been blessed by the RNG when you first met them.

Also, IIRC, each cell is separated so, if, again, you visited Solitude at Lv19, but you entered, ex., the Bard College at Lv20, the NPCs in the Bards College would certainly not have spawned with that item.

Don't worry about the tag. I actually prefer it.
Just now I had to follow a boring topic because this one guy wanted to have a conversation, and now I have to bear with all the obnoxious notifications about that topic just so I know if this one guy decided to reply.

zebatov 2 months ago#9
Sage5 posted...
Another method would be to pickpocket any NPC that you first saw before Lv20.
Because the content of their pockets is leveled.
So, if you visited, ex., Solitude at Lv19, the pockets of the NPCs *could potentially* have that necklace, but those items don't respawn in a character's pocket ever so it's a matter of you having been blessed by the RNG when you first met them.

Also, IIRC, each cell is separated so, if, again, you visited Solitude at Lv19, but you entered, ex., the Bard College at Lv20, the NPCs in the Bards College would certainly not have spawned with that item.

Don't worry about the tag. I actually prefer it.
Just now I had to follow a boring topic because this one guy wanted to have a conversation, and now I have to bear with all the obnoxious notifications about that topic just so I know if this one guy decided to reply.

Lol ^

Well this char is only level six, and I’ve only been to Dawnstar. Haven’t even entered Whiterun yet. I’m going to go do it now, though. Need to buy the house so I can store some stuff and then go do these Thieves Guild missions for the extra gold in fences.
Sage5 2 months ago#10
zebatov posted...
Lol ^

Well this char is only level six, and I’ve only been to Dawnstar. Haven’t even entered Whiterun yet. I’m going to go do it now, though. Need to buy the house so I can store some stuff and then go do these Thieves Guild missions for the extra gold in fences.

You're still Lv6? Then it's no problem at all.
You can buy a Necklace of Poison Resistance in shops.
Go to the Radiant Raiment in Solitude, for faster results. They sell more clothes.
Second place, the Khajiits.

Try also to exploit the Hall of the Vigilant as much as possible, since it'll be destroyed forever with Dawnguard, when you reach Lv9.
There is a daedra heart and a randomly enchanted mace and they both respawn very frequently.
By disenchanting those maces, you can get a lot of enchantments right away.
Drag them in a room and close the door, to not be seen stealing them.

1. Boards
  2. The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
  3. Anyone Know of Any Missable Items?
  • Post New Message

GameFAQs Q&A