• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
  3. Question about a crash with mods....

User Info: maleficus5622

maleficus5622
2 months ago#1
having worked for days on a stable build, I had a crash to desktop when getting near bleak falls barrow dungeon. I re-opened and made it through the dungeon (and others), and had about 3 hrs of uninterrupted play afterwards. Should I assume the crash was a typical 'happens sometimes' Skyrim crash since it didn't repear? Thanks :-)
Nep Nep?

User Info: ValiantKnight

ValiantKnight
2 months ago#2
Skyrim has always been known to be buggy and have random crashes. That has improved over the years, so I think you just experienced a random crash.
I do know it cane be a bit rough at certain settings on older video cards like mine. With a GTX970, if I try to run at Ultra preset, it crashes within 1-2 hours, however if I back it down to High preset, it can go for 8-10 hours straight with no crashes.
If you have 4gb or less vram on your video card and are trying to run at ultra preset, that might be an issue.

User Info: hoggys2much

hoggys2much
2 months ago#3
Mate Skyrim is a bug ridden mess.

I am on Xbox One S and I have the Special Edition and so far I have had these:

1. I have had around four or five freeze ups where it has kicked me back to the dashboard.
  2. I have the bodies of a dead frost dragon and Parthunaax popping up in front of me from time to time.
  3. In the part of the story where you first read the Elder Scroll for the first Alduin battle the f***ing Dragon never showed up. It was only thanks to a commentator on a youtube video that had a solution that fixed it for me and I was able to continue.
  4. I have had the body of a dead bandit lying next to my Lake View Manor house for the last few weeks.
  5. I have fast travelled to Giant camps and seen mammoths fall out the sky.
There are several other known bugs that have never been fixed.

I am playing the supposed patched version. If this is the supposed patched version I hate to think what it was like when it first came out.
Lara Croft is the most gorgeous and greatest video game girl ever. Tomb Raider is the greatest video game franchise ever.

User Info: ValiantKnight

ValiantKnight
2 months ago#4
Forgot this was the xbox 360 board. Skyrim is on so many platforms now. Guess the settings can't really be changed on a console.

User Info: AsIfByMagic

AsIfByMagic
2 months ago#5
TC was probably playing on PC tho, since no one calls the dashboard on consoles a desktop.

User Info: maleficus5622

maleficus5622
2 months ago#6
Cheers. I'm playing with a pretty loaded PC. 3080, i9-10900k, plenty of RAM and SSD space. Also playing in VR....... but it is my first time modding haha. Took me a whole week before I learned enough to make things functional and got the load order down, so I thnk I was being a bit over-senstitive about the crash. Will play some more later :-).
Nep Nep?

User Info: dawnset

dawnset
1 month ago#7
mods can be fickle as it took me two weeks to get the order i want without crashes or brown faces.
"Don't move! If you wanna eat dinner tonight, do as I say!" - Melissa Fahn
https://youtu.be/CpFdP5yATw0 -My Response to Toriyama creating Super
  1. Boards
  2. The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
  3. Question about a crash with mods....
  • Post New Message

GameFAQs Q&A