• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.

User Info: Veezara

Veezara
1 week ago#1
Is Idgrod Ravencrone crazy?

I think I'd go with either option 4 or 5. Just the fact that she claims to speak to the Divines but knows nothing of the terrible state of security in Whiterun, that is one of the few things the Divines tell the player about before the battle, yet it seems to have missed Idgrod's attention.
She also tells her daughter that she will be Jarl one day, even if it is just before the battle for Hjalmarch. I'm no seer like Idgrod claims to be but i'd predict Sorli to be the next Jarl.

I can't truly vote because none of those are what I feel could be going on. First of all, she never said (I could be wrong here) that Sorli would be Jarl immediately after her; it could simply mean that she could become Jarl when she's as old as Jarl Pooh...I mean Skald the Elder.

As for her talking to the Divines, I think it's a case of Daedric influence under the guise of the Divines. The only pantheon that we know to contact mortals is the Daedric pantheon (priests of Arkay are no more believable to me than religious leaders in real life stating that they "speak to God" (whoever they follow); the Daedric lords, though, have a vested interest in speaking with those that further their ambitions against each other, the Divines, and mortals. All it takes is portraying itself as one aspect of one of the Divines (for example, Peryite masquerading as Arkay/Akatosh or Clavicus Vile portraying Zenithar) and the average citizen wouldn't know the difference. In fact, that's a good way to slowly expand their worshipper base...hell, this sort of thing happened years ago in Magic: the Gathering (the Eldrazi, which are big evil tentacle creepies, portrayed themselves as low-end gods during their captivity...this allowed them to gain enough power to fully break out of their prisons).
Dwell in peace in the home of your own being, and the messenger of Death will not be able to touch you.
-Guru Nanak

User Info: Olld-Onne

Olld-Onne
1 week ago#3
She appears crazy but shes the only one at the Thalmor Party that knows not to trust them at all unlike the other gullible guests. So if she is crazy, so is all of Skyrim.
you haven't set a signature for the message boards yet!

User Info: redtide1962

redtide1962
1 week ago#4
she's fascinating.

any time I visit Morthal she's out and about, almost always keeping a keen eye on that scoundrel Falion.

i never trusted him and neither does she.

User Info: Veezara

Veezara
1 week ago#5
redtide1962 posted...
she's fascinating.

any time I visit Morthal she's out and about, almost always keeping a keen eye on that scoundrel Falion.

i never trusted him and neither does she.
Fallion is quite smart, he's one of the few NPCs in Skyrim who knows how to cure vampirism.

User Info: HentaiMan

HentaiMan
1 week ago#6
yes
https://youtu.be/tCI396HyhbQ https://youtu.be/tae8F4gkfiw
<(^.^)> http://imgur.com/Mr374Y0 http://imgur.com/COylKWt

User Info: CommonGrackle

CommonGrackle
1 week ago#7
anyone who builds a town in a swamp is dumb, not only that but a frozen swamp

User Info: Olld-Onne

Olld-Onne
1 week ago#8
Morthal existed before Idgrod so she did not build it herself. You can still say to choose to live there is also crazy but it easier to get her skooma if the authorities cannot be bothered to go all that was to check a swamp for contraband. :)
you haven't set a signature for the message boards yet!

User Info: redtide1962

redtide1962
1 week ago#9
her daughter is, ironically, going down the same path as her mother did in her youth, and just has no idea what she's getting herself into
(edited 1 week ago)

User Info: afrodude77

afrodude77
6 days ago#10
I think she has magical powers
WAR EAGLE
---
(edited 6 days ago)
  • Post New Message

GameFAQs Q&A