• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
  3. Alright what the heck?

User Info: GrimKusanagi

GrimKusanagi
1 week ago#1
So I started playing my 360 version of Skyrim for the first time in years(since I bought my ps4) and I heard a guard say the line. "I use to be an adventurer like you but I took an arrow in the knee." Alright that sounded super wrong and I thought I just wasn't paying attention so I hung around guards till they said it again. "I use to be an adventurer like you but I took an arrow in the knee." No. No. Just no. I have heard this a thousand times cause I played this game for a year straight. It's "I took an arrow to the knee." not in the knee. Now I know I'm not crazy so what the heck?
GT: GrimKusanagi / Current Playing: Dragons Dogma: DA
Pawn: Shadow / Mage

User Info: LOOOPS

LOOOPS
1 week ago#2
You've had too many berenstein beers
Shoot first, think never.
FC: 3669-3715-9081

User Info: Olld-Onne

Olld-Onne
1 week ago#3
"What's the matter, afraid of the sound of a strong Nord accent?"
you haven't set a signature for the message boards yet!

User Info: GrimKusanagi

GrimKusanagi
6 days ago#4
I admit I was being a little silly in my initial post but I really do remember "to the knee". And I have watched countless youtube vids on skyrim with people saying the line and seen people posting comments about remembering "to the knee". It just sounds wrong from an english stand point. I mean you don't say I took a blow in the head you say I took a blow to the head.
GT: GrimKusanagi / Current Playing: Dragons Dogma: DA
Pawn: Shadow / Mage

Olld-Onne
6 days ago#5
I was being silly as well so no hard feelings. I also though it was to until I saw the actual subtitle so your not alone. They are Nords and not renowned for being the most verbally adept of the Tamriel human races. Infact they are probably the worst. That's my explanation anyway and now you see why I posted the other joke line previously. :)
LOOOPS posted...
You've had too many berenstein beers

Ha!
Dwell in peace in the home of your own being, and the messenger of Death will not be able to touch you.
-Guru Nanak

Olld-Onne
6 days ago#7
It appears that both sayings are in game as I just seen a guard say to and not in. Obviously one of the VA was a bit tipsy or something when recording their lines. :)

User Info: Veezara

Veezara
5 days ago#8
There are different male guard voices. Some have the same voice as Vilkas, others share a voice actor with the greatest Commander of the Guards who ever lived. Possibly another voice actor for Imperial soldiers that become guards in Stormcloak towns that get taken in the war. Can't remember, it's been years since I did a playthrough that I sided with the Empire. Maybe one says to the another says in.

Those guards that refer to Kodlak as a place, "Kodlak Whitemane is a better place now." He isn't in Sovngarde, he is Sovngarde.
(edited 5 days ago)

Olld-Onne
5 days ago#9
Veezara posted...
There are different male guard voices. Some have the same voice as Vilkas, others share a voice actor with the greatest Commander of the Guards who ever lived. Possibly another voice actor for Imperial soldiers that become guards in Stormcloak towns that get taken in the war. Can't remember, it's been years since I did a playthrough that I sided with the Empire. Maybe one says to the another says in.

Those guards that refer to Kodlak as a place, "Kodlak Whitemane is a better place now." He isn't in Sovngarde, he is Sovngarde.

I did not notice they messed that line up myself lol. Beth dialogue always got mistakes but they kind of charming in a way. there are two versions of the arrow knee comment due to different VA's
(edited 5 days ago)

User Info: FactoidHunter

FactoidHunter
1 day ago#10
It's really "in the knee".

en.uesp.net/wiki/Skyrim:Guard_Dialogue

elderscrolls.fandom.com/wiki/Hold_Guard

www.youtube.com/watch?v=vncIBREXCwU

knowyourmeme.com/memes/i-took-an-arrow-in-the-knee
  1. Boards
  2. The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
  3. Alright what the heck?