• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
  3. If I give Rayya new armor and then hire her will she always be wearing it?

User Info: gamerman57

gamerman57
5 months ago#1
Hire her as a steward, I ran out of characters in the title.

Anyway, I want to change her armor before making her a steward for Lakeview. She can keep the Alik'r Hood and the Scimitars, but I'd like her to have something a little more interesting than Steel Armor. If I give her some and she puts it on before I hire her, will she keep it on or revert back to her default Steel armor?

I am playing a modded game on SE, but I prefer to ask gameplay related questions here. As far as I know, none of my mods would affect this.

User Info: Olld-Onne

Olld-Onne
5 months ago#2
Without a mod to alter the A.I on equipment wearing the answer is no. She will revert to her original armor unless she is actively following you at the time. You can make her follow you, get her to equip it and then dismiss her and she will wear it as long as you remain in that cell for the time being but she will revert the moment you leave the area.
you haven't set a signature for the message boards yet!

gamerman57
5 months ago#3
Ah ok, thats too bad. I did some testing but hadn't tried leaving the cell yet. Oh well.

Now I just gotta figure out why asking her to furnish some rooms, but not picking any options, causes furniture I already built to reappear in the Carpenter's Workbench. I could only replicate this two out of the three times I tested though. The third time I could not get the items to show up. Both times the items showed up, it was the same items in the same rooms. However, when I built one of them once to see what would happen, a dresser on the second floor of the Main Hall, items and clutter appeared on the dresser that wasn't there before. The dresser was already there, but the clutter wasn't. Kinda strange. Even witn the Unofficial Patch, Hearthfire is buggy.

I wonder if there is anything else that isn't there but should be. I suppose the only way to find out is to pay Rayya to furnish the whole house. I'd have to move everything into the Cellar since I wouldn't be surprised if having the Steward furnish the house would empty any containers in already furnished rooms. Not gonna risk it.

User Info: darkshadowspawn

darkshadowspawn
5 months ago#4
I've noticed that Lakeview is buggier than most other houses...aside from the issue you're having, I can't build any more shrines in the basement because it acts as though the base isn't there (I built it and a few shrines before the issue and they all work normally, but no others will appear...the items still disappear, though).

That's not to ignore the disappearances of walls and floors, either...one time, I entered to see that most of the house was gone; there was a square at the entry and a few random pieces of solid ground that I could leap to, but the rest was gone. The ultimate game of 'The Floor is Lava'.
Dwell in peace in the home of your own being, and the messenger of Death will not be able to touch you.
-Guru Nanak

Olld-Onne
5 months ago#5
The workbenches are buggy and will some times show things you have already built and sometimes show nothing. It has nothing to do with asking Rayya to furnish as it will still happen regardless. Entering and exiting until the list is not full if you built stuff is usually the best option if not a bit annoying at times.

gamerman57
5 months ago#6
Yeah, I can't even replicate it now. I just noticed that both times it happened were immediately after asking her to furnish. Luckily I haven't run into any major glitches, although I do have the Unofficial Patch installed so maybe that fixes them.

I am considering having her furnish it anyway since I'm kinda sick of hunting down Sabrecat Teeth and Large Antlers.

Olld-Onne
5 months ago#7
The rewards you get from Sabre Cats is odd. They clearly have more than one of each type of drop yet you only get a single one and usually the one your not looking for on top if you are farming them. : )

As for the antlers they sure are shy about being loot. You could dupe them if the patch dos not stop that which I don't think it does lol.
(edited 5 months ago)

gamerman57
5 months ago#8
At least Deer and Elk are way more common than Sabrecats. The patch does fix the Sabrecat spawn issue and I believe it lets the Large Antlers and Sabrecat Teeth be sold at apothecarys though.

User Info: MrDrSirLord1337

MrDrSirLord1337
5 months ago#9
Olld-Onne posted...
The rewards you get from Sabre Cats is odd. They clearly have more than one of each type of drop yet you only get a single one and usually the one your not looking for on top if you are farming them. : )

As for the antlers they sure are shy about being loot. You could dupe them if the patch dos not stop that which I don't think it does lol.

RNG at it's finest.

They should all just drop set amounts based on how many they actually have.

Like how humanoids actually drop the stuff they where holding.

My favourite thing is in Dragons Dogma when you get too eyes from a cyclops, like wtf?

User Info: ErikoChristy

ErikoChristy
5 months ago#10
You do realize when you make the housecarl there a steward, you lose the chance of adding an additional NPC to guard your homestead.
Tips, tricks, secrets, and an all friendly community at https://www.tapatalk.com/groups/skyrim/
  1. Boards
  2. The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
  3. If I give Rayya new armor and then hire her will she always be wearing it?
  • Post New Message