• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
  3. I HATE it when false fans think that The Elder Scrolls 6 will suck

User Info: coconutarmy1

coconutarmy1
6 months ago#11
charcoalswift posted...
@coconutarmy1 posted...
I think the main fear is the "shilling factor" as I call it. Stuff like limiting content because it can come later as DLC, putting the game out before it's ready to sell more on a specific day (which the trailer scares me a little bit for because it's totally just a landscape with nothing on it) and Bethesda's creation club and Fallout 76 controversies. Plus, the last Elder Scrolls game was Elder Scrolls online, which was just a so-so MMORPG that they had to remove the pay system to get anyone to continue with.

Not to say it won't be good. I'm just kind of nervous about Bethesda's choices lately.

But you can't blame just Bethesda, game developers nowadays are putting content that are meant to be in the game behind DLC paywalls, so Bethesda is just following the trend

I feel like the Creation Club is actually good since they can make money that way, which can be used to fund elder scrolls 6's development

Fallout 76 is a disaster, no way I'm defending this game :)
At least now Todd knows the direction which his company should be going in: Single Player games.

Elder scrolls online is Zenimax's game, so I don't know how involved Bethesda is but probably just a little. so I won't blame Bethesda for this game's problems

You shouldn't be nervous about Bethesda, at least for Elder scrolls since it's their own franchise and they handle the lore and gameplay well

They handled it well up to Skyrim, but that's partially due to fan reaction to the dumb stuff they tried and failed to do. Not to say it won't be good, but I'm going to wait for reviews before I get the next one, if that makes sense. Bethesda used to be a name associated with "really good glitchy games" but lately they've kept the glitchy and lost the good a bit. I really hope the protagonist isn't voiced like Fallout 4.
Hi.

User Info: charcoalswift

charcoalswift
6 months ago#12
@coconutarmy1 posted...
Bethesda used to be a name associated with "really good glitchy games" but lately they've kept the glitchy and lost the good a bit. I really hope the protagonist isn't voiced like Fallout 4.

I do like the idea of voiced protagonist, provided that it's NOT Yes, No, Maybe, (weird option)

coconutarmy1 posted...
Bethesda used to be a name associated with "really good glitchy games" but lately they've kept the glitchy and lost the good a bit

as proven by Nuclear Trash 76

coconutarmy1 posted...
They handled it well up to Skyrim, but that's partially due to fan reaction to the dumb stuff they tried and failed to do.

Bethesda/Todd probably read Steve Job's success story and want to emulate it

right now they're thinking the fans are haters just trying to impede their work, they won't listen
Do you get to the Cloud District very often? Oh, what am I saying, of course you don't.
(edited 6 months ago)

User Info: Olld-Onne

Olld-Onne
6 months ago#13
charcoalswift posted...
Whimsical_Gamer posted...
Skyrim just seems dead despite looking good.

Skyrim is a remote region in the lore so I don't have high expectations of human interaction in this game

Skyrim Guard: "Think you can chat with me like one of those Morrowind, Oblivion NPC's, Pfft"
you haven't set a signature for the message boards yet!
(edited 6 months ago)

User Info: Whimsical_Gamer

Whimsical_Gamer
6 months ago#14
"Let's talk about that sweet roll though and the arrow in Jeffrey's knee over there."

The mundane conversations of a isolated province lmao
You might not know the difference between Patton and mutton primarily because today's history textbooks don't tell you about Ol' Blood 'n Guts Patton

User Info: Olld-Onne

Olld-Onne
6 months ago#15
The Oblivion conversations were very robotic. It was like a fantasy version of west world at times lol.

NPC 1: "Hello"

NPC 2: "........................................Hello"

NPC 1: "Goodbye"

NPC 2: "Goodbye"

Best conversation ever lol.
you haven't set a signature for the message boards yet!

Whimsical_Gamer
6 months ago#16
I'm not setting everything in concrete. I'm asking for a mix. But honestly Oblivion seems more lifelike than Skyrim.

Morrowind was fantastic all around imo, but could use some of Oblivion and Skyrim tweaks regarding yes skills, but factions requiring raising skills in respective factions to advance.

Morrowind also had mages guild involve enchantment and alchemy advances if I remember right. Fighters guild all different styles of weapons.

Not just go fetch the quest however and be done.
You might not know the difference between Patton and mutton primarily because today's history textbooks don't tell you about Ol' Blood 'n Guts Patton
(edited 6 months ago)

charcoalswift
6 months ago#17
Olld-Onne posted...
Skyrim Guard: "Think you can chat with me like one of those Morrowind, Oblivion NPC's, Pfft"

๐Ÿ˜‚Nords love their peace unless you're an Imperial asking for trouble

Olld-Onne posted...
The Oblivion conversations were very robotic. It was like a fantasy version of west world at times lol.

NPC 1: "Hello"

NPC 2: "........................................Hello"

NPC 1: "Goodbye"

NPC 2: "Goodbye"

Best conversation ever lol.

This is why I don't miss Oblivion NPCs' "unique interactions"๐Ÿ˜‰
It's like watching Monty Python or Mr Bean but in a video game๐Ÿ˜‚

@Whimsical_Gamer posted...
Morrowind was fantastic all around imo, but could use some of Oblivion and Skyrim tweaks regarding yes skills, but factions requiring raising skills in respective factions to advance.

Nah, might makes right, who needs skills when the job can be done all the same

Even the Mage Guild quests in Morrowind do not have anything that a mage does

Collecting ingredients? That's for an alchemist

Going to dwemer ruins? That's for adventurers

Getting a rare book? That's just book fetching LOL

Whimsical_Gamer posted...
Not just go fetch the quest however and be done.

Errrrr, 99.9% of guild quests in Morrowind are fetch quests

Even the first main quest that involves a dungeon and fetching a particular Dwemer puzzle box :)
Then going to some dunmer tomb to fetch some dead guy's skull

Then going to vivec city to collect some notes

#Fetchquests
Do you get to the Cloud District very often? Oh, what am I saying, of course you don't.

Whimsical_Gamer
6 months ago#18
Yeah coulda worded better but whatevs

charcoalswift
6 months ago#19
@Whimsical_Gamer posted...
Yeah coulda worded better but whatevs

lol I reminded you of The Fetch Quest Scrolls III : Morrowind

Whimsical_Gamer
6 months ago#20
Every game has that, but I really started to notice that crap in other games. I mean as character yeah gonna do stuff... but go get this and that, bring it back now get this and that take it there.

Just show me what to kill and bring nothing back. Or go buy/steal this (yeah yeah shut it) and kill whatever this one.

Not deliver this love letter a dozen times.
  1. Boards
  2. The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
  3. I HATE it when false fans think that The Elder Scrolls 6 will suck
  • Post New Message