• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
  3. I HATE it when false fans think that The Elder Scrolls 6 will suck

User Info: charcoalswift

charcoalswift
6 months ago#1
TES 6 will be a great game like Skyrim, or even better. You fake fans need to stop discouraging Bethesda from taking risks. It's only through mistakes eg. fallout 76 that Bethesda will know how to improve

Repost from another topic:
Imagine I am a parent (Bethesda) with 2 kids

The first (Elder Scrolls) is my own blood while the other (Fallout) is adopted

If I have to choose how much support for my kids, of course I would put more effort and resources into my original child (Elder Scrolls)
Do you get to the Cloud District very often? Oh, what am I saying, of course you don't.

User Info: coconutarmy1

coconutarmy1
6 months ago#2
I think the main fear is the "shilling factor" as I call it. Stuff like limiting content because it can come later as DLC, putting the game out before it's ready to sell more on a specific day (which the trailer scares me a little bit for because it's totally just a landscape with nothing on it) and Bethesda's creation club and Fallout 76 controversies. Plus, the last Elder Scrolls game was Elder Scrolls online, which was just a so-so MMORPG that they had to remove the pay system to get anyone to continue with.

Not to say it won't be good. I'm just kind of nervous about Bethesda's choices lately.
Hi.

charcoalswift
6 months ago#3
@coconutarmy1 posted...
I think the main fear is the "shilling factor" as I call it. Stuff like limiting content because it can come later as DLC, putting the game out before it's ready to sell more on a specific day (which the trailer scares me a little bit for because it's totally just a landscape with nothing on it) and Bethesda's creation club and Fallout 76 controversies. Plus, the last Elder Scrolls game was Elder Scrolls online, which was just a so-so MMORPG that they had to remove the pay system to get anyone to continue with.

Not to say it won't be good. I'm just kind of nervous about Bethesda's choices lately.

But you can't blame just Bethesda, game developers nowadays are putting content that are meant to be in the game behind DLC paywalls, so Bethesda is just following the trend

I feel like the Creation Club is actually good since they can make money that way, which can be used to fund elder scrolls 6's development

Fallout 76 is a disaster, no way I'm defending this game :)
At least now Todd knows the direction which his company should be going in: Single Player games.

Elder scrolls online is Zenimax's game, so I don't know how involved Bethesda is but probably just a little. so I won't blame Bethesda for this game's problems

You shouldn't be nervous about Bethesda, at least for Elder scrolls since it's their own franchise and they handle the lore and gameplay well
Do you get to the Cloud District very often? Oh, what am I saying, of course you don't.

User Info: Whimsical_Gamer

Whimsical_Gamer
6 months ago#4
I hope it has Morrowind's character stat/skill depth along with faction depth.

Oblivion's npc/world immersion, liveliness. And actual npc involvement, not like talking to cardboard cutouts with tape recordings to make them sound live.

And Skyrim's vast open activities and discoveries.

I'd be happy and content. And all new books. I can only read Wolf Qieen so many times lol
You might not know the difference between Patton and mutton primarily because today's history textbooks don't tell you about Ol' Blood 'n Guts Patton

User Info: darkshadowspawn

darkshadowspawn
6 months ago#5
Whimsical_Gamer posted...
And all new books. I can only read Wolf Qieen so many times lol

I'm just glad that you don't have to read through the book to be able to pick it up.
Dwell in peace in the home of your own being, and the messenger of Death will not be able to touch you.
-Guru Nanak

charcoalswift
6 months ago#6
@Whimsical_Gamer posted...
I hope it has Morrowind's character stat/skill depth along with faction depth.

No please no, I despise the annoying skill leveling system in Morrowind, Skyrim's perk system is just perfect for roleplaying and trying out new builds

As for factions, I agree, factions should have conflicts like in New Vegas and your actions have consequences, causing a faction to love you / stay neutral / become despised/absolutely want to tear you into shreds

Oblivion's npc/world immersion, liveliness.

Not sure if I want typical european medieval setting again, but I sure would like npcs to be "more alive" and respond more appropriately, not talking about someone stealing my sweetroll or he took an arrow to his knee for the 1000th time

And Skyrim's vast open activities and discoveries.

I love the random encounters :)
Either Maiq appears or some moon sugar peddler or even when Thalmor scum shows up. I'm glad Skyrim dungeons being unique like in Morrowind, unlike the lego brick copied pasted lazy Oblivion dungeons

I'd be happy and content. And all new books. I can only read Wolf Qieen so many times lol

I had enough of reading in Elder scrolls, I feel that most of lore should be talked in conversations since the npcs read books sometimes yet they never talk about the stuff they read
(edited 6 months ago)

Whimsical_Gamer
6 months ago#7
They can keep the info books for newcomers if they're into that. Palla was my fave.

And Diamond and Cupcake I think it called.

I miss my younger days where I had no life responsibilities and could read everything and play.
You might not know the difference between Patton and mutton primarily because today's history textbooks don't tell you about Ol' Blood 'n Guts Patton

charcoalswift
6 months ago#8
They can keep the info books for newcomers if they're into that. Palla was my fave.

And Diamond and Cupcake I think it called.

I miss my younger days where I had no life responsibilities and could read everything and play.

❤❤❤My favorite book is Boethiah's pillow book❤❤❤

The entire text:
No words can describe what you see. Or what you think you see.

Lol I used to read a lot when I'm younger, nowadays I prefer to explore dungeons and do fun quests in video games

I still read but not as much :)
(edited 6 months ago)

Whimsical_Gamer
6 months ago#9
By Morrowind I mean what we discussed before: make factions actually have you progress in field. I don't mean the whole you have claymore and can't hit the rat two feet in front of you lol

And by Oblivion I mean where the npcs actually looked lile they were living a life. Remember that one NPC that would travel from Skingrad to some other town once a week?

Could also follow another NPC in night and watch him cheat on his wife.

Skyrim just seems dead despite looking good.

charcoalswift
6 months ago#10
By Morrowind I mean what we discussed before: make factions actually have you progress in field

I still don't want skill levels, especially when Bethesda is the one handling the code

There would be bugs and exploits. Like I remembered vampire being absolutely ridiculous OP if you exploit its unarmed bonus in Morrowind

Or was it some Fortify skill trick?

Remember that one NPC that would travel from Skingrad to some other town once a week?

That's cool but one could argue that khajiit caravans are the same

Skyrim just seems dead despite looking good.

Skyrim is a remote region in the lore so I don't have high expectations of human interaction in this game
(edited 6 months ago)
  1. Boards
  2. The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
  3. I HATE it when false fans think that The Elder Scrolls 6 will suck
  • Post New Message