You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
  3. So AFTER the golden claw quest...

User Info: Dragin_Master

Dragin_Master
3 months ago#1
So I completed the Golden Claw quest long ago (I'm 40 now) and I now have several other claws in my inventory, then it makes me think "Do *I* still need the golden claw?" Is it worth stealing it from Lucan (again) to gain entrance to some other dungeon? Or is the claw completely useless, once the quest is complete?

The Claw is just sitting at Lucans bartop... mocking me.....
You're not going to tell me how to spell "Dragon" again, are you?

User Info: XesLana

XesLana
3 months ago#2
Dragin_Master posted...
So I completed the Golden Claw quest long ago (I'm 40 now) and I now have several other claws in my inventory, then it makes me think "Do *I* still need the golden claw?" Is it worth stealing it from Lucan (again) to gain entrance to some other dungeon? Or is the claw completely useless, once the quest is complete?

The Claw is just sitting at Lucans bartop... mocking me.....

Nah. Just a collectible.

If you're a house hoarder that likes all the unique and spread out decorations, go nuts. But no practical use for it.

User Info: Mr_Karate_II

Mr_Karate_II
3 months ago#3
I think i still have it in one of my chests, i could be wrong.
Currently Playing: Resident Evil 4 Mercenaries Mode,Resident Evil 6 Mercenaries Mode & Call of Duty Ghosts

User Info: Dragin_Master

Dragin_Master
3 months ago#4
Cool. Thanks Xes and Karate.
You're not going to tell me how to spell "Dragon" again, are you?

User Info: Mr_Karate_II

Mr_Karate_II
3 months ago#5
I still have the ruby one, apparently i didn't do the quest for it because i can't remove it from my inventory.
Currently Playing: Resident Evil 4 Mercenaries Mode,Resident Evil 6 Mercenaries Mode & Call of Duty Ghosts

User Info: XesLana

XesLana
3 months ago#6
Mr_Karate_II posted...
I still have the ruby one, apparently i didn't do the quest for it because i can't remove it from my inventory.

Until you finish the Bard's College initiation quest, the Ruby Claw will be stuck in your inventory. Gotta find Viarmo in Solitude.

Once that's done it gets unmarked and can be stored in houses.

User Info: Arishok

Arishok
3 months ago#7
I normally steal it back and store it with the rest of the claws in a safe in one of my houses.
FC 1607-7893-3196
Dunsparce, kecleon and eevee

User Info: Olld-Onne

Olld-Onne
3 months ago#8
I usually don't bother with the quest too early as it makes Lucan 24 hour vendor whilst the quest is undone. : )
you haven't set a signature for the message boards yet!

User Info: revengine

revengine
2 months ago#9
IIRC all the claws become dust collectors once their respective quests are complete.
Thinking of yourself as a victim is the first step down a path towards irrelevance and destroying your life.

User Info: Arishok

Arishok
2 months ago#10
You are correct @revengine
FC 1607-7893-3196
Dunsparce, kecleon and eevee
  1. Boards
  2. The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
  3. So AFTER the golden claw quest...