Newb. First time playing Skyrim ever (if you can believe that!)

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
  3. Newb. First time playing Skyrim ever (if you can believe that!)

User Info: Stevord

Stevord
6 months ago#231
Q: I am assuming that if my follower dies, i am no longer recognized as a Thane in the game? I've been a Thane twice and after both followers died (or got lost somehow) i think the Jarl's etc. no longer recognize my character.

User Info: JOExHIGASHI

JOExHIGASHI
6 months ago#232
Stevord posted...
Q: I am assuming that if my follower dies, i am no longer recognized as a Thane in the game? I've been a Thane twice and after both followers died (or got lost somehow) i think the Jarl's etc. no longer recognize my character.

You're still thane
Puzzle and Dragons: 338 705 421

User Info: DeleriumJ

DeleriumJ
6 months ago#233
Na you're good, life is cheap for the common rabble.
Never intentionally misspell a word in your screen name for the benefit of a 20 year-old inside joke. Everyone will just think you're an idiot.
(message deleted)

Stevord
6 months ago#235
Is there a difference in strength of a gem as far as recharging weapons? I have a magical bow and it looks glows green when i charge it with a strong gem but if i use a lesser gem for example, it doesn't glow green, but they grey fill level still shows it has charges in it.

DeleriumJ
6 months ago#236
Stevord posted...
Is there a difference in strength of a gem as far as recharging weapons? I have a magical bow and it looks glows green when i charge it with a strong gem but if i use a lesser gem for example, it doesn't glow green, but they grey fill level still shows it has charges in it.

It all depends on the size of the soul in the soul gem, plus any perks from the right side of the enchant tree.
The color of the enchantment on the piece depends on the nature of the enchantment; paralyze is green, fortify health is red, fortify magic school is orange/yellow, etc.
Did that cover it?
Never intentionally misspell a word in your screen name for the benefit of a 20 year-old inside joke. Everyone will just think you're an idiot.

User Info: laica97

laica97
6 months ago#237
Stevord posted...

Weapons glow because of the enchantment (color depends on the enchantment). If it's glowing then the enchantment is still active. If it's not, then the enchantment is out of charge.

I do recall the weapon glowing after recharging, but it doesn't affect the amount of charge being recharged. That depends on the gem. Weaker gems recharge less while stronger gems recharge more.

Stevord
6 months ago#238
DeleriumJ posted...
Stevord posted...

It all depends on the size of the soul in the soul gem, plus any perks from the right side of the enchant tree.
The color of the enchantment on the piece depends on the nature of the enchantment; paralyze is green, fortify health is red, fortify magic school is orange/yellow, etc.
Did that cover it?

Sort of but i still don't know why my weapon wouldn't glow when it still has a charge in it. (when using a smaller gem). Not a big deal more just curious.

DeleriumJ
6 months ago#239
Stevord posted...
DeleriumJ posted...
Stevord posted...

Did that cover it?

Sort of but i still don't know why my weapon wouldn't glow when it still has a charge in it. (when using a smaller gem). Not a big deal more just curious.

That does seem peculiar...as far as I know, it should glow if it's charged. But you know how things can get buggy from time to time. Sometimes sound can be several seconds behind on my game, like yelling words of a shout or the sound you get when you discover a new location. It could be something like that but I wouldn't know. There's no in game reason of which I'm aware.

Stevord
6 months ago#240
Is there a list of the ranking of special weapons or armor? Like, i have the Death Brand Set which is pretty good. But i just came across the Chitlin armor the eminent knight which is nice but heavy.

Just curious what i should build up or leave behind, etc.
  1. Boards
  2. The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
  3. Newb. First time playing Skyrim ever (if you can believe that!)

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

Update Topic Flair

You are not allowed to update this topic's flair.

• Topic Archived