Newb. First time playing Skyrim ever (if you can believe that!)

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
  3. Newb. First time playing Skyrim ever (if you can believe that!)

User Info: Stevord

Stevord
7 months ago#1
Level 6 Breton (male). Playing Skyrim on the Nintendo Switch.

Just disenchanted my first robe.

Want to enchant a new piece of armor. I have Petty, Lesser and Common Gems but i can't find anywhere online or here what i should use each of them for.

I understand with weapons, the larger the better, but does that really matter with armor? (i'm sure it does). But if i can get all the effects using a smaller gem than i'd rather save the better ones for more important things. The enchantment i was going to use was the Magicka regen 50% faster.

I do not have any powerful weapons yet.

Thanks!

Stevo

Stevord
7 months ago#2
Never mind, i see the % change when i choose different gems. Thx.

Stevord
7 months ago#3
New Question:

If i enchant a silver garnet ring for 8% faster re-gen and i also enchant a steel armor for 8% re-gen, does that stack or do nothing extra beneficial for me?

Thx.

User Info: ToastyDaddy

ToastyDaddy
7 months ago#4
All enchantments stack, regardless of what the enchantment is (most of the time anyways). The whole enchanting process is much easier than what it pretends to be really, the larger the soul gem and the better the soul in it (you can get an enchant on a weapon to take peoples souls and fill up empty gems). I made an account just to respond so hope it helps!

User Info: Olld-Onne

Olld-Onne
7 months ago#5
ToastyDaddy posted...
All enchantments stack, regardless of what the enchantment is (most of the time anyways). The whole enchanting process is much easier than what it pretends to be really, the larger the soul gem and the better the soul in it (you can get an enchant on a weapon to take peoples souls and fill up empty gems). I made an account just to respond so hope it helps!

Now that is out of the way, where's my toast lol.
you haven't set a signature for the message boards yet!

Stevord
7 months ago#6
Thank you ToastyDaddy. My gift/tip to you will be to track down a jar of Marshmallow Fluff (popular in New England) and try making a Fluffernutter sandwich with your toast. (Creamy Peanut Butter and Fluff on White Bread). Do NOT use marshmallow creme as that is not the same thing and will taste horrible.

You are welcome.

User Info: DeleriumJ

DeleriumJ
7 months ago#7
Enchanting is def one of the most important skills, at least in my opinion. If you want to kick ass on master, Max out enchant and smithing asap, and forge yourself a super suit and weapon. For skuldafn, I forged a dragonbone warhammer (so frickin badass) that swings for somewhere around 200 damage, plus the double enchant of chaos (with a cpl perks hits for around 65 per swing) AND draining 20 or so health. Every swing. Plus a Daedric/ebony set (ebony is all you need, anything higher becomes overkill IMO) well over the armor cap, with every piece double enchanted. Like I said before, it's worth the grinding. Playing on high difficulty with a badass set is def some of the most satisfying play I've experienced
Never intentionally misspell a word in your screen name for the benefit of a 20 year-old inside joke. Everyone will just think you're an idiot.

Stevord
7 months ago#8
I'm now level 8. Is ironbind barrow too hard for me to complete yet? I still feel pretty weak so far.

User Info: Veezara

Veezara
7 months ago#9
Stevord posted...
I'm now level 8. Is ironbind barrow too hard for me to complete yet? I still feel pretty weak so far.

Should be pretty easy, just a crypt, talking of the enchantments there is a unique one there, Steel Battleaxe of Fiery Souls. Not the greatest enchantment but one more thing to disenchant.
Also has a very useful word wall, Become Ethereal. Other than the being able to save yourself in a tight situation it lets you sprint without using stamina while ethereal nd allows you to fall a great distance withut taking falling damage.

Stevord
7 months ago#10
That's great to know. Just completed it and got the fiery souls axe and will disenchant and put on something else. (i'm a one-handed weapon kind of guy). Spell in other hand.

New: Q: are there necklaces or amulets, etc. i should be wearing when using the alchemy or enchanting tables to get added bonuses?

Thx.
  1. Boards
  2. The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
  3. Newb. First time playing Skyrim ever (if you can believe that!)

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

Update Topic Flair

You are not allowed to update this topic's flair.

• Topic Archived